Nintendo Switch Games Discussion

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all I just bought a Nintendo switch. I have read around and I notice that physical copy games can come from different regions like EU, US etc. May I know what's the difference?

Also for digital game copy also have different region?

Anything else to take note for a first timer? Like how should I set up my switch etc. Any new user benefits I should take note off?
I'm alr aware or some basic stuff like to apply screen protector as screen can be scratched easily. Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:

KarmaStrikesBack

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all I just bought a Nintendo switch. I have read around and I notice that physical copy games can come from different regions like EU, US etc. May I know what's the difference?

Also for digital game copy also have different region?

Anything else to take note for a first timer? Like how should I set up my switch etc. Any new user benefits I should take note off?
I'm alr aware or some basic stuff like to apply screen protector as screen can be scratched easily. Thanks in advance! :)

1) You can buy digital copies of games using the eshop. But make sure you set your nintendo account to canada or US region then u can access the eshop.

2) using your nintendo switch to activate nintendo online (similar to PSN on ps4) gives u free 7 days trial. You need this if you wish to play online with others.

3) buy diablo 3. Best game.

4) super mario games and overcooked is only fun when u have friends play tgt. Solo play like lack that stupidity spark.

kaya14

Reaction score
Some super Mario games can play individual like Odyssey or U Deluxe

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 4X using GAGT

Reaction score
Hello guys! Just bought myself a Nintendo Switch.

Any recommendation for accessories?

Especially case, not a carrying case. Just to keep the back of the switch safe.

Any particular grip or thumb covers that will make playing for long trip easier?
Have a feeling that my hands will get tired while playing due to the weird grip.

KarmaStrikesBack

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello guys! Just bought myself a Nintendo Switch.

Any recommendation for accessories?

Especially case, not a carrying case. Just to keep the back of the switch safe.

Any particular grip or thumb covers that will make playing for long trip easier?
Have a feeling that my hands will get tired while playing due to the weird grip.

Get a pro controller

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
1) You can buy digital copies of games using the eshop. But make sure you set your nintendo account to canada or US region then u can access the eshop.

2) using your nintendo switch to activate nintendo online (similar to PSN on ps4) gives u free 7 days trial. You need this if you wish to play online with others.

3) buy diablo 3. Best game.

4) super mario games and overcooked is only fun when u have friends play tgt. Solo play like lack that stupidity spark.

Thanks for your reply! Learned something new :)

Pardon me for asking another question.. For games purchased through eShop, it will be tied to my Nintendo account? Similar concept to purchasing apps on smartphone? Also, if I were to have another switch can I login to the same Nintendo account and all my past purchased will be available for the other switch?

KarmaStrikesBack

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! Learned something new :)

Pardon me for asking another question.. For games purchased through eShop, it will be tied to my Nintendo account? Similar concept to purchasing apps on smartphone? Also, if I were to have another switch can I login to the same Nintendo account and all my past purchased will be available for the other switch?

I believe u need to store on cloud (requires nintendo online subscription) to be able to login from another switch

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
U wont be able to re download the games in another switch even u using the same nintendo account
U can only use ur cloud save to resume ur gameplay if the other switch has the same game
If suay suay u lost ur switch, u can write in to nintendo to allow u to redownload ur purchased games in a new switch set but if not wrong Nintendo only allow such thing once per year nia
Unsure what will happen to the game in ur old switch though

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
I believe u need to store on cloud (requires nintendo online subscription) to be able to login from another switch

Correct me if I'm wrong, from what I read online the cloud storage is to save game progress data correct?

U wont be able to re download the games in another switch even u using the same nintendo account
U can only use ur cloud save to resume ur gameplay if the other switch has the same game
If suay suay u lost ur switch, u can write in to nintendo to allow u to redownload ur purchased games in a new switch set but if not wrong Nintendo only allow such thing once per year nia
Unsure what will happen to the game in ur old switch though

I would like to know if say I have purchased a digital game copy from eShop, and I have another switch, can I unlink my Nintendo account for switch 1 and then link my Nintendo account to switch 2?
The same concept for physical game copy where a game can be shared amongst multiple switch but not simultaneously?

I read the following article it seems like it is possible :s11:
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22448

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, from what I read online the cloud storage is to save game progress data correct?

I would like to know if say I have purchased a digital game copy from eShop, and I have another switch, can I unlink my Nintendo account for switch 1 and then link my Nintendo account to switch 2?
The same concept for physical game copy where a game can be shared amongst multiple switch but not simultaneously?

Wow seems like it man
But u need internet connection to play the download game in your non primary console
Try out and let us know it works man

KarmaStrikesBack

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes cloud is for to save game data. I using it to for the save game exploit in diablo 3.

I only have 1 switch so i do not know if it works like you said....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.