blusky

Reaction score
Possible coupons for 1 - 3 Mar 2019:

$10 off $60 coupon

$50 off $400 coupon

whatheheck

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A locked or unlocked bootloader is what gives you access to *********root.********* *********Root********* is another big word in the Android community. If you *********root********* a device, it means you have *********super user********* access or *********administrator********* access to the operating system that runs on your phone.

Oh root. I see. Doesn't seem like too bad then. So it's just because cn there sell cheaper than other areas with global rom, that's why they sell cheaper here?

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh root. I see. Doesn't seem like too bad then. So it's just because cn there sell cheaper than other areas with global rom, that's why they sell cheaper here?

Once rooted means you got to cautious of your device security yourself. Some shaddy sites will try to install apps into your system to gain access. If not sure of whatbis to be done, better dont root.

dora&boots

Reaction score
I can only find the "regular" setting which mine is already No. Where is this Quube edit my info to unsubscribe newsletter??

fbmr0I.jpg

go 2 ur Quube account page n unsub the following:

-Newsletter subscription question
-Shop Coupon Subscription

cn set supposed to be sold for domestic market, definitely cheaper than global set. only more leche to use for cn cause all in chinese + no google play store, nid to install via china app.

so ppl root the phone to install global software but u nid to unlock the phone "bootloader", flash it with global rom, then lock back the phone. if left unlocked, ur phone is open to any hacker attack.

Once rooted means you got to cautious of your device security yourself. Some shaddy sites will try to install apps into your system to gain access. If not sure of whatbis to be done, better dont root.

yeap, root liao must lock back the bootloader. then safe.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i forgot how to claim the $10 coupon from Live10, i just re-downloaded, any advise ?

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find this quube app bugged as fug and really stupid. Search for an item and it displays all available listings. But for some of them when you click and go into the listing itself, you get error message saying its either sold out or not available currently.

Also, when you add item to cart and want to checkout, sometimes they will charge you an insane amount for delivery(like 16-17 coins) even though the listing states free delivery. You will have to clear and re-add to cart a few times before the correct delivery charge is shown.

Lastly, items from different sellers cannot be combined into a single cart/transaction. Meaning lets say you have 5 items you want to buy from 5 different sellers, you will make to make 5 separate transactions. Feels quite dumb and too much of a hassle.

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
fbmr0I.jpg

go 2 ur Quube account page n unsub the following:

-Newsletter subscription question
-Shop Coupon Subscription

cn set supposed to be sold for domestic market, definitely cheaper than global set. only more leche to use for cn cause all in chinese + no google play store, nid to install via china app.

so ppl root the phone to install global software but u nid to unlock the phone "bootloader", flash it with global rom, then lock back the phone. if left unlocked, ur phone is open to any hacker attack.

yeap, root liao must lock back the bootloader. then safe.
You can't lock back the bootloader for xiaomi china set already. You will bricked the phone. Xiaomi don't want people to install global rom on china set as china set is meant for their china markets. So you will have to stay with unlock bootloader if you get a china set.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

Last edited:

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
Yes I already complaint to them with regard top up account for SIM. They have a delivery charge of us$7.

Sent from Vivo 1725 using GAGT

whatheheck

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can't lock back the bootloader for xiaomi china set already. You will bricked the phone. Xiaomi don't want people to install global rom on china set as china set is meant for their china markets. So you will have tp stay with unlock bootloader if you get a china set.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

:eek: then how we know the set is cn flashed with global rom or a initial global rom device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.