The Hair Thread - Part 5

zhaojun

Reaction score
Hi zhaojun, we would like to dedicate our first official post to you.

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for considering our product and to apologize for your bad experience and confusion.

Thank you and sorry.

The listing you have seen in Shopee belongs to our ex-partnership (Nett Nett Club). We have contacted them to remove their listing. In addition, our pomade has never been $49.90. It is mistake on their part and we have talked to them.

We are not listing our product on Toy Outpost anymore. Should you wish to purchase our Original Pomade, you may do so on our official website.
https://gersonand.co/collections/frontpage/products/gerson-co-original-pomade

To make it up to you. We can offer you a complementary bottle of Original Pomade. If you wish to receive it, email us at support@gersonand.co and we can arrange a meet up.

Thanks and have a great day.

1) Thanks for the fast reply, especially within hours via forums.
Its either your colleague/friend/s must have been following the thread and quickly relay it to you or you actually been here the whole time...which is good though. more community relays.

2) I have email my enquiries to you at 5pm. Hope to hear from you soon.
Either way, im still plan to purchase it once my uppercut is done.

3) Its false-advertising though. Thats not good. Glad that you've remove it asap.

4) My initial question too, and based on the Picture, it states "...we have begun spending home brewing more of our Original Pomade.." . Do you guys really home brew your products?
I dont need @nichsong to answer me that question since you are here after all.

Anyway, i would love to chat with you via email (still have yet to get your reply) and Its great to hear from you here.

QGfzWME.png

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiya, abby lim bro, just live and let live la. The distributors also need to earn some pennies to survive or else how to fund their rolexes or APs? Every salesman will praise their own products and claim to be the best else how to boost sales? Consumers just have to choose wisely if not just treat as pay $ for lessons to be learnt lor. Sales everywhere are the same, not just limited to here.

Lol. Finally something I like to hear from you.

zhaojun

Reaction score
Hi all! This is my repost in HWZ to point out something very important right here.

With love,
Abby Lim

**** off la Gatsby promoter. I initially am really neutral when you started posting.
I went to debate that your recommendations, gatsby, arent suitable for my hair.
I even PM you personally asking for YOUR personal recommendations and all i get was an assumption of being a clone. gong simi?

Till then i dont see any contributions with evidence with even i, myself, know who that you're being an esshole here.

nichsong

Reaction score
Reading more of abbys posts make me realise more and more - how incredibly stupid he/she is.

"Every single product that they (the distributors) don't carry will be ignored, given bad reviews or compared against"

Bro SG got only X amount of distributors bringing in X amount products. Anything outside of that = stuff u get from the drugstore. U expect people in the forums to be talking about gatsbys and good look and singing praises about them?

And u think I am advocate for all distributors? That's laughable. I wonder if it has ever occurred in your tiny brain that all distributors = competitors, indirect or not. If I own a business, would I advocate for my competitors?

Bro. You need to have a bit more depth in your analysis. Or if you're someone simply bent on flaming people, at least build your argument on solid ground. You look like an absolute loser.

And if you haven't noticed, not a single person on this thread agrees with you. Except the future clone accounts that you might create after reading this post, or other shallow pals that u have in your back pocket.

Last edited:

hungkkh

Reaction score
hi, new to hwz here!

ive used a bunch of gatsby's moving rubber series products and am currently using beesmade's matte clay (feels like ubersuave's - strong hold but drying and hair after washing out feels like straw + lot more hair loss) so im looking for new wax that won't screw up my hair.

im looking at ziggy's mad wax and stickmores clay fibre after looking at the earlier few pages of the thread, as well as byVilain's products (their current promos quite tempting hahaha). any reco as to which are better / reco for other products? also any good place to get SSS or other volumising prestyler? (i currently have a quiff hairstyle and fine hair with little natural volume)

TIA

ecan07

Reaction score
hi, new to hwz here!

ive used a bunch of gatsby's moving rubber series products and am currently using beesmade's matte clay (feels like ubersuave's - strong hold but drying and hair after washing out feels like straw + lot more hair loss) so im looking for new wax that won't screw up my hair.

im looking at ziggy's mad wax and stickmores clay fibre after looking at the earlier few pages of the thread, as well as byVilain's products (their current promos quite tempting hahaha). any reco as to which are better / reco for other products? also any good place to get SSS or other volumising prestyler? (i currently have a quiff hairstyle and fine hair with little natural volume)

TIA

I'm not an expert in this but just some of my thoughts.
Maybe consider getting a different shampoo that is more moisturizing for your hair? or conditioner if you feel like it. should help with the dry hair. The con of that is depending on your hair type sometimes the moisturizing shampoo means ur hair may be harder to style after.

I have used MM TSB and liked it, doesn't feel like it will screw up the hair or anything but the hold isn't great, what it's good for is the ability to restyle later on (if no hairspray).

Currently i have just tried Ziggy's SSS and Mad wax (first try today). So far so good, the hold is better than TSB if that's the look i'm looking for, but need to use more times to know. I will prob rotate Mad Wax and TSB for now.

for SSS there are a few websites selling actually: theprettyjerk, ziggy's, hair broducts to name a few. Even shopee and Lazada got sell some of these.
If you need volume, you can also try mousse (again lots of options) and thickening tonic (chanced upon this after watching Robin James videos, he recommends Aveda and Label M thickening tonics)

ecan07

Reaction score
Why are you so affected? I did not say everything they recommended is sub-par? Learn to read.

Quoting you:

"I have bought every single products that they mentioned are good and this is exactly why I am furious:
1. None of them are as good as they said here.
2. Overhyped and overpriced.
3. Mainstream products available in NTUC performs equally well and many times cheaper.

Recent overhyped products that is claimed “best” by “reviewers”, please, they are only just average products. They are…
1. ziggy supply products
2. 90 Degrees X-strong wax
3. Indians clay
4. morris motley (they stopped promoting this, because MM cut them off)
5. stickmore"

"EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT"
No?

Anyway since you mention mainstream products available in NTUC performs equally well, maybe you can just straight off say here what are these brands you mention. If not then what's the point of saying?
If you can actually recommend something that is cheap and good for sure you will be helping a lot more consumers here, who don't want cheap and good.

kenzio8

Reaction score
Reading more of abbys posts make me realise more and more - how incredibly stupid he/she is.

"Every single product that they (the distributors) don't carry will be ignored, given bad reviews or compared against"

Bro SG got only X amount of distributors bringing in X amount products. Anything outside of that = stuff u get from the drugstore. U expect people in the forums to be talking about gatsbys and good look and singing praises about them?

And u think I am advocate for all distributors? That's laughable. I wonder if it has ever occurred in your tiny brain that all distributors = competitors, indirect or not. If I own a business, would I advocate for my competitors?

Bro. You need to have a bit more depth in your analysis. Or if you're someone simply bent on flaming people, at least build your argument on solid ground. You look like an absolute loser.

And if you haven't noticed, not a single person on this thread agrees with you. Except the future clone accounts that you might create after reading this post, or other shallow pals that u have in your back pocket.

Beg to differ. I have always maintained that most of the products are not suitable for the thin hair that alot of Singapore guys have.

ecan07

Reaction score
Beg to differ. I have always maintained that most of the products are not suitable for the thin hair that alot of Singapore guys have.

thin or fine hair? There's a difference in that actually. If i'm not wrong, most guys here have fine hair yes, but thin, not really, especially after i've seen some of the pictures of their hair here before, back in the days where there's a lot more sharing of pictures and their hair looks full.
Damn envy them cos unfortunately i have both fine and thin hair since young.

I think fine hair needs to do something to thicken the hair, shampoo, conditioner, scalp treatment, plus thickening tonic/SSS before styling would help, at least you will get some volume. At least that did for me, on most days that is...

kenzio8

Reaction score
thin or fine hair? There's a difference in that actually. If i'm not wrong, most guys here have fine hair yes, but thin, not really, especially after i've seen some of the pictures of their hair here before, back in the days where there's a lot more sharing of pictures and their hair looks full.
Damn envy them cos unfortunately i have both fine and thin hair since young.

I think fine hair needs to do something to thicken the hair, shampoo, conditioner, scalp treatment, plus thickening tonic/SSS before styling would help, at least you will get some volume. At least that did for me, on most days that is...

Not an expert, so shall not go into the specifics of difference between thin / fine.

But as you have also rightly pointed out - for fine hair (which most guys here have), the solution is to thicken the hair using shampoo, conditioner, scalp treatment, plus thickening tonic/SSS etc..

Solely using promades, wax and what not will just result in hair being oily, limpy and will just weigh down the hair.

Of course, it's just what i discovered on my learning/trying journey. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so not willing to get into an argument with anyone.

ecan07

Reaction score
Not an expert, so shall not go into the specifics of difference between thin / fine.

But as you have also rightly pointed out - for fine hair (which most guys here have), the solution is to thicken the hair using shampoo, conditioner, scalp treatment, plus thickening tonic/SSS etc..

Solely using promades, wax and what not will just result in hair being oily, limpy and will just weigh down the hair.

Of course, it's just what i discovered on my learning/trying journey. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so not willing to get into an argument with anyone.

right... that's what i learnt from here as well. previously was just on wax alone, gatsby moving rubber series. it worked well for a while, then i realized some days it's just bad. limpy, lack of volume etc.
primarily because i have fine hair, oily scalp. the relatively thin crop since young did not help.
there's a lot of products that does not help our case, like gels and most promades.
in general, i think lightweight products with matte finish works better for fine hair. that said, if the scalp is oily, the hair gets oily if you don't wash it out. i realized that on days like this, really need to shampoo off the oil. just simply washing with water doesn't cut it, add what SSS/pre-stylers also no use, the hair just won't get the volume it needs.
on days like this it is really damn pek cek.

nichsong

Reaction score

Your posts below mentioning things like pre stylers and thickening tonics are things that I have been talking about since forever.

If you've been following the thread since it's heydays u would know.

No need for me to further elaborate.

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
typical asian hair type tend to fall forward (fringed/bangs)

most angmor hair type typically go backwards (easy slickback even with just water)
thats why they can use virtually any decent product to achieve a nice combed back style without any awkward hairs sticking out or parting issues. less effort overall

go figure

nich21

Reaction score
2 bucks for smartpac shipping, which is super worth it imo. Anw, copped it alr. Now waiting for it to arrive before I try it out.

Btws Flagship is releasing a clay product soon... ugh all my fave brands coming up with new products.

OH haha misread, thought u meant order from stickmore website

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Past few months MM & Nigelle Bold Make Clay are my daily drivers.
This few days been styling with the previous max wax 2.0 I got few months back but was not a fan of the cologne scent so left it untouch.
As per my previous impression, I do like the gritty thick texture, colour & gives a matt look with sufficient hold for my medium length. Spread nicely & does not tug at all.
My hair is between fine & rough & between think & thin.
For prestyling I am using wakin' mousse control. Just a nice variety for me from the usual salt spray.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Past few months MM & Nigelle Bold Make Clay are my daily drivers.
This few days been styling with the previous max wax 2.0 I got few months back but was not a fan of the cologne scent so left it untouch.
As per my previous impression, I do like the gritty thick texture, colour & gives a matt look with sufficient hold for my medium length. Spread nicely & does not tug at all.
My hair is between fine & rough & between think & thin.
For prestyling I am using wakin' mousse control. Just a nice variety for me from the usual salt spray.

I am also using wakin mousse too. In fact on a daily basis, and I can’t imagine if I do not have it. My verdict towards it has changed correspondingly too; used to think that sss hold is better than mousse but this product proved otherwise.

nichsong

Reaction score
I am also using wakin mousse too. In fact on a daily basis, and I can’t imagine if I do not have it. My verdict towards it has changed correspondingly too; used to think that sss hold is better than mousse but this product proved otherwise.

Yeap quite like this mousse ever since I got it from you. Seems to be much more effective than the other mousses that I've tried haha.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ahhh.... personally I think I still prefer ref 323 & sidekick better. But to be honest if I stick to one for too long the style cmi. So need variety & change after some time.

nichsong

Reaction score
Ahhh.... personally I think I still prefer ref 323 & sidekick better. But to be honest if I stick to one for too long the style cmi. So need variety & change after some time.

Generally SSS still works the best cos of the moisture absorbing effect. We need that for our climate haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.