Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some time back some people placed FD with some Bangkok bank. Is it Bangkok Bank Public Co Ltd ? Just read that they are facility lenders for Hyflux for $115.6 million.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Look on the bright side. Least no charges for withdrawal. On the other hand, this specific mat bank at town area will process a withdrawal fees if ones account is withdraw even upon maturity (reason: auto renewal)

If me, I would ask for the withdrawal amount in hard, cold cash if they cannot waive the fee.

Of course I would want to speak to their manager first to explore whether such a drastic measure by me is really necessary.

:(

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bank of China threatens to freeze account over "incomplete records"
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...-account-over-incomplete-records-6000170.html

Yikes almost wanted to open a FD with them.

Was at one of the branches of Bank of China lately. Due to this incident there was a super long queue (should be a daily affair) and some uncles really lost their cool during the long wait. Really pity the bank staff with the amount of stress and extra work load they have to deal with.

Sinkies really should try lining up at a bank in China itself. 1-2 hour wait is considered peanuts. :s13:

K_E_N_L_A_W

Reaction score
Was at one of the branches of Bank of China lately. Due to this incident there was a super long queue (should be a daily affair) and some uncles really lost their cool during the long wait. Really pity the bank staff with the amount of stress and extra work load they have to deal with.

Sinkies really should try lining up at a bank in China itself. 1-2 hour wait is considered peanuts. :s13:

Why lose cool? Uncle expecting to be serve first? Fast the money out and close the account if cannot wait.

Last edited:

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
If a bank had been compromised by cyber attacks .... then would freeze the accounts to verify damage been inflicted.
Maybe this is already happening here today.

JustDoLor

Reaction score
I m trying to open saver account ... but why the online application ask so many questions ah? My financial data... how long I live in my residence and if I own it... if I m US citizen...if I trade with Cuba, Iran, North Korea... if I trade rough diamonds... too much personal info requested leh.. I give up lah!

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I m trying to open saver account ... but why the online application ask so many questions ah? My financial data... how long I live in my residence and if I own it... if I m US citizen...if I trade with Cuba, Iran, North Korea... if I trade rough diamonds... too much personal info requested leh.. I give up lah!

... result of AML breaches ...

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
I dont think CIMB, i just withdraw recently without fee upon maturity.
Of course provided is cheque. Hard cash need Fee. Thk quite common among other foreign bank for cash withdrawals.

I always withdraw in hard, cold cash but never once have to pay a fee leh
As far as I know, and keep this in mind .... only DBS Bank need to pay a fee when deposit hard cash above a certain amount.
The rest will all gladly accept your business.
Remember, .... it's DBS Bank .... your own country's homegrown bank. They don't need your business and support.
:( :(

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So now the 2 better deals would be ICBC and Sbi. Someone mentioned min 50k at 2%

Linguist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I always withdraw in hard, cold cash but never once have to pay a fee leh
As far as I know, and keep this in mind .... only DBS Bank need to pay a fee when deposit hard cash above a certain amount.
The rest will all gladly accept your business.
Remember, .... it's DBS Bank .... your own country's homegrown bank. They don't need your business and support.
:( :(

Withdraw money in notes no fee/charges (unless you want coin?).

For deposit, not just DBS. UOB & OCBC also have wor.
Just different criteria and whether the bank/staff want to request the paying of fee not.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They have this overcrowding problem due to "account update" letter.

Haha these days on weekdays you try going to any Bank of China branches and see if empty or super long queue. :s13:

No wonder recently when I pass by BOC, notice more people and a lot black face.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.