LG V40

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hard to get some accessories for this phone.. (case, screen prot, etc.) any recommendations aside from qoo10, lazada?

Sent from LGE LM-V405 using GAGT
Taobao :)

Sent from LG V40 ThinQ+ Carmine Red (LM-V405) using GAGT

lurker88

Reaction score
M1 pricing really siao

I recontracted for v40 at 338 during day 1 of launch. Now the price is 188. Even G7 is pricier than v40 now. My plan is reg

KzqJLgml.png

Sent from Wonderland using GAGT

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 pricing really siao

I recontracted for v40 at 338 during day 1 of launch. Now the price is 188. Even G7 is pricier than v40 now. My plan is reg

KzqJLgml.png

Sent from Wonderland using GAGT

LG is laosai price de.

I bought at RRP, weeks later. Street shop selling 8XX-9XX without watch redemption. Used set around 7XX.

Can imagine trade in value. Haha.

Sent from OPPO Find X (Glacier Blue) using GAGT

lurker88

Reaction score
When this phone was launched, i bought at 328 based on my plan with the watch for my wife. Less than 2 months, price dropped to 188 without the watch and i recontracted for myself.

Coming from G4, v10, v20, i have no complaints on his phone so far. The only regret is the hybrid sim slot instead of a delicate SD card slot. Still monitoring the battery life.

Should provide more updates if any.

Last edited:

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When this phone was launched, i bought at 328 based on my plan with the watch for my wife. Less than 2 months, price dropped to 188 without the watch and i recontracted for myself.

Coming from G4, v10, v20, i have no complaints on his phone so far. The only regret is the hybrid sim slot instead of a delicate SD card slot. Still monitoring the battery life.

Should provide more updates if any.

v40 still running Oreo right?

lurker88

Reaction score
2nd day of usage.

I am not the kind that care about what processor or how well the phone scores on some benchmarking standards. As long as the phone fit my criteria on usability, camera, battery, and pricing, it is good

Battery life - fully charged before going asleep and spent around 15 mins surfing the web. Left around 85% of battery life in the morning

Camera - this is the part where i am puzzled. In auto mode (when using v20), regardless of single/ multiple focus, i know the camera is ready to capture the image when i heard the focus sound or the flash of the green indicators. The photo end result would not be blurry. But for v40, no sound or indicator that denote the camera is ready to capture the subject. I have to observe the screen during focusing and clicked when the screen stablisises itself, albeit the processing speed is fast. This could be disadvantageous as the continued observation strains my eyes. Or did i miss anything? Maybe current users of v40 can advise me

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got my Red set today at RWM.
The free gifts has been changed to a 3rd party wireless charger stand and a LG wireless headset (those neckband type)

Initially has problems redeeming the free gifts as RWM is not on the list of authorised sellers. But calling RWM and they solved it for me.

The phone has 0 battery power in it. Have to charge it while checking at RWM.
Did some 100% red, blue and green screen test, camera AF, sound etc

Not sure will be able to update to Pie soon anot
but its for the Mrs, so it should be fine lah. haha

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got generic TP from taobao
its the side adhesive kind. does not lift case but there is "air gap" between screen and TG
touch sensitivity affected at some edges.

Got another type full adhesive. case friendly as advertised. have not reach yet

lurker88

Reaction score
So far unable to find the perfect one
1. Adhesive type will always have that air pocket which affects the sensitivity of the screen
2. Non adhesive type no matter what will have air pocket at both sides of the screen

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far unable to find the perfect one
1. Adhesive type will always have that air pocket which affects the sensitivity of the screen
2. Non adhesive type no matter what will have air pocket at both sides of the screen

true lo.
wanna go full naked :s13:

lurker88

Reaction score
Just tested another adhesive screen protector from taobao. If you can paste it carefully, the issue of air pockets trapping within is eliminated

After 2 weeks of usage, i would say that
- battery life is generally acceptable
- lack of auto focusing (no indicators that the camera is ready), unless you in macro mode or activate manual focusing by pressing on the subject that you want to focus on
- unlocking via face is slower than my redmi 6.

lurker88

Reaction score
Users. When I am focusing on a piece of paper (white or single colour background), the following happens. Does your phone encounter this as well ?

BxD0NsZl.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.