Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

BeepokPapa

Banned
Reaction score
pennywise pound foolish , why want to save a few bucks and spoil your ride by letting these jb workshops especially hawk tyre spoil your car. the last time i went they didnt even want to provide alignment results paper slip like the rest of the alignment shops here . i wonder why

Snowmane2016

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a 2009 Avante and want to do the following:

1. Change EO & filter
2. Change Coolant
3. Spark plugs
4. Alignment
5. Flush atf
6. Change air filter
7. Brakes & brake fluid
8. Change fan belt

Anyone can recommend any WS in JB with good workmanship? And how much they charge?

TIA :)

BeepokPapa

Banned
Reaction score

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1. Change EO & filter
2. Change Coolant
3. Spark plugs
4. Alignment
5. Flush atf
6. Change air filter
7. Brakes & brake fluid
8. Change fan belt

Anyone can recommend any WS in JB with good workmanship? And how much they charge?

can whatsapp ah yuan from car click. his number is somewhere in this thread, chck back the last few pages.

for your tranny, i suggust not to flush. just need to change filter and new atf.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pennywise pound foolish , why want to save a few bucks and spoil your ride by letting these jb workshops especially hawk tyre spoil your car. the last time i went they didnt even want to provide alignment results paper slip like the rest of the alignment shops here . i wonder why

Yes, please continue to do whatever stuffs here in Singapore better.... Nice customer waiting lounge, clean workshop, anything everything looks very professional.

Your mindset oredi TUNED to SG standard and please also self-impose ban from JB too. :s12::s12:

Btw, when was your last time you did your beloved precious ride at Hawk Tyre?

You are in the wrong thread dude

Last edited:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1. Change EO & filter
2. Change Coolant
3. Spark plugs
4. Alignment
5. Flush atf
6. Change air filter
7. Brakes & brake fluid
8. Change fan belt

Except item 5. The rest please get it done.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bcos of 1 piece of paper slip = penny wise pound foolish? LOL

On a second thought quite true, give you a piece of paper and then charges 5-10 times more than workshops in Bolehland

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, please continue to do whatever stuffs here in Singapore better.... Nice customer waiting lounge, clean workshop, anything everything looks very professional.

Your mindset oredi TUNED to SG standard and please also self-impose ban from JB too. :s12::s12:

Let them be part of it:
https://mothership.sg/2019/03/singapore-visitors-to-malaysia-decline/

To each his own.
#dontwastetimeontroll

Tyrian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

to each it's own. whatever floats your boat. got slip or no slip, just drive one round you should know if they have done a good job.

and by the way, it's not a few bucks. 1 x alignment, 1 x rotation, 1 x balancing cost about SGD 40 and RM80 (got cheaper one like RM50 though).

Take RM80 divide by 3 = $26. That means savings of $13, $13 is definitely not a few bucks coz u will have 13 coins in ur pocket.

by the way, not all wheel alignment in SG does a good job. case in point. Went for 10k service at Kah Motor but the alignment like shiat.

BeepokPapa

Banned
Reaction score
Bcos of 1 piece of paper slip = penny wise pound foolish? LOL

On a second thought quite true, give you a piece of paper and then charges 5-10 times more than workshops in Bolehland

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

Up you to find out more. Every alignment machine gives a before and after reading except hawk tyre in jb. No paper give. Excuse is always machine can’t print paper and it’s always been like that. Just one wrong incident will change your mindset of cheapo car repairs in bolehland

BeepokPapa

Banned
Reaction score

Btw, when was your last time you did your beloved precious ride at Hawk Tyre?

2 months ago only. And strangely my alignment went worse than before going alignment.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just change your atf filter and fluid. Do not flush.

1. Change EO & filter
2. Change Coolant
3. Spark plugs
4. Alignment
5. Flush atf
6. Change air filter
7. Brakes & brake fluid
8. Change fan belt

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Up you to find out more. Every alignment machine gives a before and after reading except hawk tyre in jb. No paper give. Excuse is always machine can’t print paper and it’s always been like that. Just one wrong incident will change your mindset of cheapo car repairs in bolehland
You are here to convince others not to go Malaysia?
If no, guess it is not our job to convince you to go.

There are alot of other threads for you.
Else set a new thread for your own?

"RELIABLE WORKSHOPS IN SINGAPORE"?

mcferrari

Reaction score
Just my idea, we need to do our homework on which shop to send our car to its either in Sg or JB. They have their own expertise, like doctors they have their own specialization. Sometimes it can be done in Singapore with less hustle with reasonable price sometimes it can be done in JB with bigger savings. So we need to weigh in whats the best for our beloved car😀

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 months ago only. And strangely my alignment went worse than before going alignment.

I assumed that becos of one negative encounter you had = all bolehland workshop cmi..... :s12::s12:

You must be unlucky dude.... Personally, i will ban this shop and proceed to try another shop lor. There are tons of workshops can do alignment unless your ride is one rare brand/ model...:s13::s13:

Furthermore, if your alignment did not get worse, you wont be even spending time commenting here lor... For a piece of paper, come on.....

Last edited:

LKS0896

Reaction score
Hi guys,

How much is the diagnostic costs at Carclick or other trusted workshops in JB? My vehicle ABS lights keep coming on. It’s a almost 9 years Lancer EX.

Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.