Anyone with delayed Lenovo Y740 shipping date?

ItsLame

Reaction score
So mine was initally to be shipped at 28th Feb, but on that day, Lenovo’s staff told me that it will be postponed to mid-March and when I asked why, they said it was delayed because of CNY (Btw, the one I ordered was the pre-configured 15” RTX 2060 on 14th Feb through Lenovo’s Official Store at Lazada).

However, most people on forums, YT comments, said that it was delayed because Lenovo doesn’t have the stock of some parts or that they’re currently fixing light bleed issues. These people however are from outside Singapore so the reasons may vary.

I’m here to know if anyone that has bought the Y740 had theirs shipped or delivered or delayed.
And anyone who contacted Lenovo for answers, did you also get the same reasoning?

Last edited:

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ordered on 1st of feb, around 3rd week of feb i see the delivery timeline on my account. stated shipping to be at end of march and to be received on first few days of april.

was told 2 weeks when placing order but becomes 2 months so i cancelled it without bothering to ask why. Placed my order on lenovo singapore website.

Please let me know if your Y740 has gsync or not...i suspect it does not though i have seen conflicting marketing materials...

Last edited:

ItsLame

Reaction score
I have yet to receive my laptop until now but I’m pretty sure the laptop has g-sync.

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have yet to receive my laptop until now but I’m pretty sure the laptop has g-sync.

was looking at acer triton 500 too, realised their brochure is misleading...the model with 2060 has 144hz with NO gsync, only their model with 2080mq has gsync+144hz.

Seems that their triton 700 also the same, 1060 has no gysnc but 1080mq has.

From recent youtube reviews, yes lenovo Y740 has gsync regardless of their gpu variants.

You getting y740 with 2060? Please update this thread :) might want to get it too.

Last edited:

ItsLame

Reaction score
was looking at acer triton 500 too, realised their brochure is misleading...the model with 2060 has 144hz with NO gsync, only their model with 2080mq has gsync+144hz.

From recent youtube reviews, yes lenovo Y740 has gsync regardless of their gpu variants.

You getting y740 with 2060? Please update this thread :) might want to get it too.

Yea I did order for the 2060 but a lot of things happened recently. My order just got cancelled by Lazada because Lenovo kept delaying their stocks. Now the page for the product also disappeared from Lazada. I also went to Lenovo’s site to ask through live chat and it is confirmed that there’s no stock for the 15” models. I think 17” are available but I forgot if it’s the one with 2070 or 2080.

So yea I waited for more than a month just to get cancelled and told that there are no stocks, and I even pre-ordered. Very upsetting really. Acer Triton 500 is also good but the Y740 is still what I really wish to have, sadly Lenovo isn’t as good as their product. :sad:

narkizy

Reaction score

You wouldnt need GSync on a 1080p panel to begin with.

Richliao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea I did order for the 2060 but a lot of things happened recently. My order just got cancelled by Lazada because Lenovo kept delaying their stocks. Now the page for the product also disappeared from Lazada. I also went to Lenovo’s site to ask through live chat and it is confirmed that there’s no stock for the 15” models. I think 17” are available but I forgot if it’s the one with 2070 or 2080.

So yea I waited for more than a month just to get cancelled and told that there are no stocks, and I even pre-ordered. Very upsetting really. Acer Triton 500 is also good but the Y740 is still what I really wish to have, sadly Lenovo isn’t as good as their product. :sad:

Order from Lenovo website lor, Lazada also not say got special. Use shopback on Lenovo Sg gives you 7% cashback, though that time mine was not approved (maybe coz I used education discount already?)

ItsLame

Reaction score
Ordered the same model again but this time at Lenovo’s site on 30th March. Date was initially 5th May to be shipped but has been changed to 25th April to be shipped to 2 days ago. 🤞Really hoping it won’t be changed/delayed or cancelled🤞. Been waiting for this damn laptop for almost 3 months now lol.

zeroblade

Reaction score
Mine was supposed to reach 28th March. Now twice delayed to 7th June. Think I'll ask for a refund once I find something of similar specs/price and available.

gigigigi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine was supposed to reach 28th March. Now twice delayed to 7th June. Think I'll ask for a refund once I find something of similar specs/price and available.
Can share with me what you find? I also looking for alernative

ItsLame

Reaction score
I just checked my order status a few days ago and it showed shipping by 25th Apr, and yesterday around 8PM, I received my tracking number via email and it shows that my unit finally shipped! Right now I’m just waiting for it to be delivered, which is estimated to be delivered by 27th Apr (tomorrow). Hope this helps.

ItsLame

Reaction score
Delivery date changed to 30th Apr by end of day according to UPS tracker. Will update when laptop arrives!

ItsLame

Reaction score
It's been a week since I received my laptop, and so far I see no major problems.

The problems that I have with my unit however are for me, not that bad. The problems that I have were:

• There 's a slight light bleed, especially on the right bottom part of the panel, but most of the time it's not noticeable (only noticed it when doing the light bleed test using a YouTube video, weirdly enough even more not noticeable when playing games).

• The top plastic part for with the port's indicators is also slightly protruding and sometimes would need a little push to get it back to place, it would pop out again though not sure why but it's doesn't really bother me.

• The CPU can reach 85~95 degrees when playing (yes this is undervolted), I also get 97 degrees spikes, maybe because Singapore is so hot lol. But when I play in my air-conditioned room, it rarely reaches 90 degrees, but there will be a 90 degrees spike for a second but it doesn't stay there for long, it's mostly 79~89 degrees (take note this is long session gaming, 3 or 4 hours ++).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.