samsung pay

benlhy

Reaction score
OCBC contactless issue

I've recently bought the Samsung watch and found out that it doesn't get recognized by OCBC's contactless machine. This has happened to me twice already. The display on the contactless standing slab will say something like card not detected or something and my watch will continue to count down. No issues with other bank's contactless payment so far.

Anyone else experience this as well?

OCBC Bank

Suspended
Reaction score
I've recently bought the Samsung watch and found out that it doesn't get recognized by OCBC's contactless machine. This has happened to me twice already. The display on the contactless standing slab will say something like card not detected or something and my watch will continue to count down. No issues with other bank's contactless payment so far.

Hi benlhy

Came across your post. We would like to share your feedback with our team. If you have the time, could you PM us the type of OCBC card you're holding as well as the Samsung watch model you're holding? Thanks

^Sh

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You might want to consider deleting the virtual card from samsung pay, then re-add it again. It happens occasionally if the setup didn't go smoothly.

Or else, you might wanna explore if the watch itself has an issue with the card. Usually you can just clear the app cache and it will return to normal. Yeah, i have encountered this before when using samsung pay with gear sport, a clearing cache helps.

walt113

Reaction score
Trying to redeem rewards but there is no redeem button for some of the rewards. Anyone has any idea how to redeem? Or is there a qouta?

23i9vh3.jpg

PongRareRare

Reaction score
Very tired of cashiers dunno about MST payment of Samsung Pay. Every time have to ask them to let me try den they will say their machine don't accept. I need to say at least 5 times to please let me try, no harm. Den sometimes they allow me to try and of cos, I can do it. Some die die don't let me try, insist the machine don't accept. Any authority is in charge of educating payment mode in general?

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Very tired of cashiers dunno about MST payment of Samsung Pay. Every time have to ask them to let me try den they will say their machine don't accept. I need to say at least 5 times to please let me try, no harm. Den sometimes they allow me to try and of cos, I can do it. Some die die don't let me try, insist the machine don't accept. Any authority is in charge of educating payment mode in general?

Just tell them pay by paywave

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can report to MAS for denying a payment mode and you can talk to the manager of that outlet lor.

What is behind the scene, like the transaction charges in different banks is not our problem. As long as they did not display the notice of refusal to accept samsung pay, then they cannot deny this mode of payment. MAS requires merchant to put up a notice to inform consumer first or else they have to accept, its by law.

If their old machine cannot accept and in fact they are telling you from experience, then probably you gotta be embarrassed.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just tell them pay by paywave

pay wave is a visa trademark branding. Mastercard is paypass.

If user said the wrong thing and merchant assumed the wrong thing, then its gonna be a hassle reversing back.

Best is to use "contactless payment". All shopping malls' tenants should know, unless u talking about those illiterates.

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Reaction score
he's talking about swipe

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

I know but Paywave is understood by all merchants. If he insist on swipe then not all merchants know this. So i suggest he use paywave instead. Still a contactless payment. So far i never come across anybody who don't know paywave
Been using this payment method for years

Last edited:

PongRareRare

Reaction score
I use paywave and paypass accordingly. That I know. Haha
And all the cashier also know mobile phone can be use for contactless.
Anyway, I'm never rude, so I can just "oh, so it doesn't work" if it so happen that the machine don't accept. I always suggest to let me try politely. Just that it will take a while for them to let me try. If there's a queue and they say no, I will just reach for my bag, unzip, take some cash out. Once in a while, some will let me try and I have yet to experience any machine that do not accept Samsung Pay (MST).

PeasantBeing

Master Member
Reaction score
pay wave is a visa trademark branding. Mastercard is paypass.

If user said the wrong thing and merchant assumed the wrong thing, then its gonna be a hassle reversing back.

Best is to use "contactless payment". All shopping malls' tenants should know, unless u talking about those illiterates.
Whether paywave (visa) or paypass (master), can still use both types of credit card on that same equipment. No difference according to my experiences in fairpirce, sheng siong and giant stores.

A few years ago, I didn't even know about this paywave thing until fairpirce cashiers told me to ownself tap my posb master card on that equipment for tapping and said this is new method of payment called paywave. Then now I see that thing for tapping is no more in use, instead replaced by one kind of terminal that can swipe cards or tap (or hold near) also.

So now whether I use my visa card, mastercard, Note 9 or Samsung watch to pay, I always tell the fairprice, sheng siong and giant cashiers that I am paying by paywave.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5 on Rocket Uno with TPG Booster using GAGT

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s because different merchants have different accounting process.

Just sharing that paywave is only for Visa card that’s all.. :D

Whether paywave (visa) or paypass (master), can still use both types of credit card on that same equipment. No difference according to my experiences in fairpirce, sheng siong and giant stores.

A few years ago, I didn't even know about this paywave thing until fairpirce cashiers told me to ownself tap my posb master card on that equipment for tapping and said this is new method of payment called paywave. Then now I see that thing for tapping is no more in use, instead replaced by one kind of terminal that can swipe cards or tap (or hold near) also.

So now whether I use my visa card, mastercard, Note 9 or Samsung watch to pay, I always tell the fairprice, sheng siong and giant cashiers that I am paying by paywave.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5 on Rocket Uno with TPG Booster using GAGT

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know but Paywave is understood by all merchants. If he insist on swipe then not all merchants know this. So i suggest he use paywave instead. Still a contactless payment. So far i never come across anybody who don't know paywave
Been using this payment method for years
lol... totally missing the point... :s13:

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
how the cashier know all those. u just tell them paywave. they auto let u try already. most cashier training just know cash nets and cc.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
how the cashier know all those. u just tell them paywave. they auto let u try already. most cashier training just know cash nets and cc.

u also miss the point.
the prev post on MST means that shop doesn't have tapping (paywave/paypass) machine, only card swiping machine.
if u still tell them pay by paywave confirm is not supported.

btw nowadays all cashiers know what is paywave. they all know cc can tap or swipe.

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
u mean u can swipe the entire phone on that tiny slot? for the magnetic stripe? i blur liao

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.