home karaoke

xuan87

Reaction score
A popsical TV ($250) and a karaoke mixer with 2 mics ($200) connected to my projector and sound system is all I need to have a home KTV system right?

xuan87

Reaction score
Its difficult to find a decent mixer with 2 wireless mics at $200

Mixer can find, but it probably won't be decent lol.

do you have any particular recommendation? best kind is probably 2 wireless but expandable to 2 more wired those kind.

jchoong

Reaction score
Based on my brief experience with Popsical, I think its strength is the ability to stream tons of songs from their server; its also small, light and portable. The complete system eg Remix at $500 will only provide a basic setup - more like a beginners set. There are obvious limitations in their builtin mixer and the 2 wireless mics.

I'm but no means a karaoke equipment expert, but I would guess that for 2 to 2.5K, one could get a decent system from Teo Heng or other equipment suppliers.

xuan87

Reaction score
i saw online that AC Ryan hooked up their Mixx to a popsical in their shop in SLS. Looks promising, will go check it out this weekend.

jchoong

Reaction score
Also, check out their new Moment 2. I heard it with a Popsical TV puck a couple of months ago, and it was quite good. Moment 2 was out of stock then and was priced at about $500.

xuan87

Reaction score
Also, check out their new Moment 2. I heard it with a Popsical TV puck a couple of months ago, and it was quite good. Moment 2 was out of stock then and was priced at about $500.

Thanks but probably not for me, since I plan to have my own 5.1 sound system, so the soundbar will be a waste for me.

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score

wow.. now got moment 2?
haha, i just pass the faulty moment to my friend who had repaired it..

i can only say.. its pretty lousy and very overpriced..

Last edited:

loster

Reaction score
u can try mbkaraoke

Based on my brief experience with Popsical, I think its strength is the ability to stream tons of songs from their server; its also small, light and portable. The complete system eg Remix at $500 will only provide a basic setup - more like a beginners set. There are obvious limitations in their builtin mixer and the 2 wireless mics.

I'm but no means a karaoke equipment expert, but I would guess that for 2 to 2.5K, one could get a decent system from Teo Heng or other equipment suppliers.

jchoong

Reaction score
wow.. now got moment 2?
haha, i just pass the faulty moment to my friend who had repaired it..

i can only say.. its pretty lousy and very overpriced..

I am not a fan of AC Ryan products. A few years ago I had 2 AC Ryan media boxes and they were awful - lots of software bugs/issues.

SyncGuy

Reaction score
I still have their Moment Gen 1.

But I warn you first, their after sales service is s h I t...

On top of that, they bo chup if they can't resolve something.

E.g. I went down to complain that their Moment app cannot connect to the sound bar and they say must use iPhone.
And I'm like wtf? Your marketing states it works for Android also leh?
They say, ya... Previous version. Current one cannot. (Can't rmb ICS or later)

I ask for refund they say cannot coz not their fault Android update broke the compatibility.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

jchoong

Reaction score
I finally got the time to set up the new Popsical Remix that I received a few days ago. A nice box with just the round Popsical puck, usb cable and the 2 amp power adapter (I found out the hard way, but you must use this 2 am adapter or the system will be unstable and problematic).

The user instruction manual is bare minimum. The remote is minimalist design. The whole package is not easy to use; needs a lot of patience. And of course, you need to have wifi and a subscription to use the system.

The Popsical puck has a HDMI for connection to the TV. But for audio, it does not have optical output; all it has is a 3.5mm output that you need to connect to your sound bar/system aux input via rca jacks (left and right). My sound bar has no rca type aux inputs, so I had to connect to a another home theatre receiver that I have for audio.

Once set up properly and paired with your hp (you need to install the Popsical app), you will be streaming the rich library of karaoke content that Popsical's server holds. The built in mixer is adequate for this system and the sound is decent - much improved over the previous and discontinued Popsical soundbar.

I found my self having to handle several remotes plus a handphone to control the different pieces of the system.

$500 for the Popsical Remix, plus a monthly sub of $10, when hooked to a large screen and external sound system, makes a decent home karaoke system. However be forewarned - those who are not familiar in setting up or running gadgets may struggle as the system is not very intuitive or user friendly.

LeeSlayer

Suspended
Reaction score
I finally got the time to set up the new Popsical Remix that I received a few days ago. A nice box with just the round Popsical puck, usb cable and the 2 amp power adapter (I found out the hard way, but you must use this 2 am adapter or the system will be unstable and problematic).

The user instruction manual is bare minimum. The remote is minimalist design. The whole package is not easy to use; needs a lot of patience. And of course, you need to have wifi and a subscription to use the system.

The Popsical puck has a HDMI for connection to the TV. But for audio, it does not have optical output; all it has is a 3.5mm output that you need to connect to your sound bar/system aux input via rca jacks (left and right). My sound bar has no rca type aux inputs, so I had to connect to a another home theatre receiver that I have for audio.

Once set up properly and paired with your hp (you need to install the Popsical app), you will be streaming the rich library of karaoke content that Popsical's server holds. The built in mixer is adequate for this system and the sound is decent - much improved over the previous and discontinued Popsical soundbar.

I found my self having to handle several remotes plus a handphone to control the different pieces of the system.

$500 for the Popsical Remix, plus a monthly sub of $10, when hooked to a large screen and external sound system, makes a decent home karaoke system. However be forewarned - those who are not familiar in setting up or running gadgets may struggle as the system is not very intuitive or user friendly.

Hi, I tried the remix at their showroom. Quite like the design of the mic and the different voice EQ options. However, I do not own any speakers currently, so I would need to fork out extra money to get another sound system to use with the remix. How you find the mic quality so far with your speakers? Would need to source for a decent speakers if I plan to get this.

Thanks for your advice in advance!

jchoong

Reaction score
Hi, I tried the remix at their showroom. Quite like the design of the mic and the different voice EQ options. However, I do not own any speakers currently, so I would need to fork out extra money to get another sound system to use with the remix. How you find the mic quality so far with your speakers? Would need to source for a decent speakers if I plan to get this.

Thanks for your advice in advance!

As stated earlier, one of the weakness of Popsical is that the audio out is only via RCA connects. My LG soundbar dont have RCA sound in (only has Optical In), and I believe many newer soundbars also don't have RCA socket. I plugged my Remix RCA to an old home theatre amp/speaker system.

Its better to use the Remix with a decent sound system. Make sure it can accept RCA connects. Most would - Aux socket.

jchoong

Reaction score
Hi, It is Moment Wireless Karaoke Soundbar (Gen2). I checked the product reviews in their site it looks promising so I will visit one day AC Ryan showroom at SLS to check it out the Demo.

Moment 2 comes with speaker with built in mixer, sub-woofer and 2 wireless mics and costs $500. If you add in the basic Popsical puck (not Remix) at $250, you have a complete system.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.