Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super lost

Reaction score
Update:

My bank not able to transfer back the $1k, so possibly money might have been transferred from overseas.

I'll hold on to it. If after a year or two no more harassment, might use it as compensation for the duress and cost of installing the CCTVs.

Use this to buy us coffee lor

green72

Reaction score
Use this to buy us coffee lor

Today start of the harassment. Now only they know my intention. I return 1 watsapp only say instruct bank to return money.Then block & report. They send another watsapp from another number, don't read, just block.

green72

Reaction score
I am on a personal hunt to obtain UML information.

Related to UML.
Will forward information to IO once anyone here able to trace plate owner.

Happy hunting.
Here cannot post info like that. We don't know maybe you are UML and car owner victim.

Pls remove the info and let SPF handle. I know we angry but cannot go vigilante.

If car owner caught breaking the law and you pass evidence to SPF, then just wait.

Last edited:

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why the need to post car info here? Just hand them over to police and they will be able to trace the owner in a mere minutes and do the necessary. What is your intention?

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am on a personal hunt to obtain UML information.

Search for this plate number SGW4725L. Related to UML.
Will forward information to IO once anyone here able to trace plate owner.

Road Tax Expiry Date: 19 Jul 2019

Vehicle Make: TOYOTA

Vehicle Model: COROLLA ALTIS 1.6 AUTO

Colour: Black

Happy hunting.

nf2
Supremacy Member

green72

Reaction score
Last night ard 8pm, 2 middle-age chinese men came to my house. They are seen carrying a trolley but no goods. They kept knocking for a good 30min while checking and photographing everything outside my house including my potted plants. Call 999 and they left b4 police arrived as I deliberated on calling SPF to ascertain not to anyhow call the police.
A clip of the cctv footage was given to the SPF.

Reaction score
Last night ard 8pm, 2 middle-age chinese men came to my house. They are seen carrying a trolley but no goods. They kept knocking for a good 30min while checking and photographing everything outside my house including my potted plants. Call 999 and they left b4 police arrived as I deliberated on calling SPF to ascertain not to anyhow call the police.

Definitely suspicious. As advised, whenever you feel unsafe or see suspicious people, immediately call 999.

chulu2810

Reaction score
That their new tactic..

pls_help_me

Reaction score

i kenna before also, but mine was one someone who cant speak english well
afterwhich they used another number whatsapp call me then send me pictures of my front door

be strong and dont give a fk to them

GalaxyPocket

Reaction score
Those people that unknowing went to your house are scammed by the loanshark also.

Loanshark tactic: posting job or free item collection on facebook and people fall for it.

Job scam: ask jobseeker go debtor house for interview and when reached ask them take photo of front door etc and the loanshark will use the photo to threatened the debtor.

Most prob the two mens pushing trolley are scammed into some free furniture/items give away thus they bring a trolley along.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those people that unknowing went to your house are scammed by the loanshark also.

Loanshark tactic: posting job or free item collection on facebook and people fall for it.

Job scam: ask jobseeker go debtor house for interview and when reached ask them take photo of front door etc and the loanshark will use the photo to threatened the debtor.

Most prob the two mens pushing trolley are scammed into some free furniture/items give away thus they bring a trolley along.

Maybe is freegan ? :s11:

https://freeganinsingapore.wordpress.com

green72

Reaction score
i kenna before also, but mine was one someone who cant speak english well
afterwhich they used another number whatsapp call me then send me pictures of my front door

be strong and dont give a fk to them

Yeah, we can only stay calm and move on with our lives.
They will be playing mind games and create tension between friends and families just to get that few hundred dollars from you.

Last edited:

Noloonger

Reaction score
Yeah, we can only stay calm and move on with our lives.
They will be playing mind games and create tension between friends and families just to get that few hundred dollars from you.

Agree....just dun pay them anything. The lesser money they have, the weaker they become.

Noloonger

Reaction score
For those closing bank acc;

Let the counter cashier know that your account have been compromise and you need to close your existing and reopen a new one. What they will do is help you to open a new ac 1st, swop and link your cards and ibanking to new account before closing existing account to avoid all the hassle of reapply new cards and ibanking.

green72

Reaction score
Today I, my NOK and office receives a barrage of watsapp and calls from the UML.

As we continuously block those watsapp msg, my office alerted our Co security dept and diverted the numbers using Pabx system. I was upfront with my bosses.

Luckily only a small number of office numbers was affected.

My I/O is picking up pace on investigations as the messages becomes very threatening.

I still think for a small amount the effort they put in is nonsense. It's a matter of time for them to get caught like the rest.

Last edited:

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those closing bank acc;

Let the counter cashier know that your account have been compromise and you need to close your existing and reopen a new one. What they will do is help you to open a new ac 1st, swop and link your cards and ibanking to new account before closing existing account to avoid all the hassle of reapply new cards and ibanking.

Just to add on, all giro will be cancel. Need apply again

Noloonger

Reaction score
Today I, my NOK and office receives a barrage of watsapp and calls from the UML.

As we continuously block those watsapp msg, my office alerted our Co security dept and diverted the numbers using Pabx system. I was upfront with my bosses.

Luckily only a small number of office numbers was affected.

My I/O is picking up pace on investigations as the messages becomes very threatening.

I still think for a small amount the effort they put in is nonsense. It's a matter of time for them to get caught like the rest.

They will definitely want at least 10x the amount they transferred to you to cover their cost and effort 🤣 Hope all these scammers get caught as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.