Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

NMSS_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they have sent me a new firmware link and i have managed to flash it to 1.7 . But the auto update TP information still screwing my channel selections (twice). I will be monitoring if it was a one time off situation or there was an issue with the device. :(

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Likely that they have not included this feature in the update.

For my Draco 7300 (discontinued) and the newer 7700, this is done by disabling the LCN (Logical Channel Number).

Perhaps you can feed back to them again on your observation.

bwaysaikryptonite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
misplaced the redemption letter can I still bring nric to eg Best Denki to purchase a digital tv with $100 off ? Tks

kindaichi83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
currently renovating my house

do i need scv point if i want to subscribe to starhub tv next time?

thinking of not installing them

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

no.

starhub moved to fibre, the connection within the house is using cat6 cable.

make sure that you lay a dedicated cat 6 cable to your tv point, starhub tv need a seperate network, can't share with your network used for internet.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Transmission via cable is history, the new conduit is fibre. In short, SCV point is no longer needed even new BTO flat don't come with it if I'm not wrong.

kindaichi83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no.

starhub moved to fibre, the connection within the house is using cat6 cable.

make sure that you lay a dedicated cat 6 cable to your tv point, starhub tv need a seperate network, can't share with your network used for internet.

what do u mean?

can just use the opennet point? my id say no need tv point anymore...

i tot now just use the antenna can le?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what do u mean?

can just use the opennet point? my id say no need tv point anymore...

i tot now just use the antenna can le?

tv points means that the wall sockets near your tv. in the past, most were using coex point from starhub or central antenna. starhub is phasing out cable, so you need to install a RJ45 socket at your tv point.

If you have no intention to subscribe to starhub, then don't have to do anything.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Call the friendly iMDA phone operator loh.
They will send you the letter again but with new expiry date.

Extended liao.

SXxSeuYl.jpg

Sent from Mercedes-Benz E250 using GAGT
Lol extended again. :o

Posted from PCWX using HUAWEI ALPS

lork44

Reaction score
Anyone knows how to factory reset NMS box? Mine just played for few hrs then it suddenly went dead. It keep on showing the ON on the led and can’t see anything from my TV.

I can’t use the remote to change channels or anything it doesn’t seems to work.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows how to factory reset NMS box? Mine just played for few hrs then it suddenly went dead. It keep on showing the ON on the led and can’t see anything from my TV.

I can’t use the remote to change channels or anything it doesn’t seems to work.
Unlike devices such as router/modem, there is no hard factory reset, you can verify this with the user manual as shown in my post #133.

Another possibility based on the symptom is your HDMI/RCA connection may be faulty. If this is ruled out then...

Your set is faulty. Call/email the service center for support.

Last edited:

lork44

Reaction score
Unlike devices such as router/modem, there is no hard factory reset, you can verify this with the user manual as shown in my post #133.

Another possibility based on the symptom is your HDMI/RCA connection may be faulty. If this is ruled out then...

Your set is faulty. Call/email the service center for support.

I've change both HDMI cables and tried on different HDMI ports on different TV and RCA as well. It seems like the device is not responding.

I've emailed NMS support and they requested me to bring the box down to verify.

NMSS_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have just exchanged my NMS box. Crossing fingers..... Hopefully no more "auto-update TP information" crap.

NMSS_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Call hotline, their installer can help you to remove the auto update......

simi installer? firmware is it?

they told me it could be the hardware issue and not firmware or menu options. *Touch wood* i didnt face any "auto-update TP information" yet since the exchange.

Durian Shell

Reaction score

they told me it could be the hardware issue and not firmware or menu options. *Touch wood* i didnt face any "auto-update TP information" yet since the exchange.

:spin: They got the flashing program to remove/disable the auto update image by USB flashing. Yes, maybe they already remove/disable it before hand when you received an exchange set.......
It is not a problem from the STB. It is a feature. If you don't like, tell them to remove it lor.
I **** the installer why remove this feature without end-user permission. This feature is IMPORTANT to me........:s13: :s12:

Last edited:

eatpopcorn

Reaction score

Hi can I ask how was the exchange? hassle-free? Thinking of getting their box but wanna know how is their service like just in case.. thanks!

Also hope your new box works fine!:D

NMSS_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:spin: They got the flashing program to remove the auto update image by USB flashing. Yes, maybe they already remove it before hand when you received an exchange set.......
It is not a problem from the STB. It is a feature. If you don't like, tell them to remove it lor.
I **** the installer why remove this feature without end-user permission. This feature is IMPORTANT to me........:s13: :s12:

If that was the case then it should be included in the firmware as the "auto update" by right should not occurred in the first place as mentioned by them. I have already updated the firmware to the latest but it was still happened. It was made by hardware malfunction issue and therefore it is not a feature. They just handed another set from the bunch that they normally would to another customer for exchange.

NMSS_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi can I ask how was the exchange? hassle-free? Thinking of getting their box but wanna know how is their service like just in case.. thanks!

Also hope your new box works fine!:D

Better email to them about your issue and let them determine if an exchange is necessary. Have the email print out if the exchange is necessary to avoid/prevent the tech from the company doing the unnecessary troubleshooting.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.