Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

Durian Shell

Reaction score
If that was the case then it should be included in the firmware as the "auto update" by right should not occurred in the first place as mentioned by them. I have already updated the firmware to the latest but it was still happened. It was made by hardware malfunction issue and therefore it is not a feature. They just handed another set from the bunch that they normally would to another customer for exchange.

You flashing new firmware, the auto update image is still there, LPPL..Already explained, need to remove/disable the auto update image.....
By the way, I'm happen to use this feature :s13:

NMSS_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You flashing new firmware, the auto update image is still there, LPPL..Already explained, need to remove/disable the auto update image.....
By the way, I'm happen to use this feature :s13:

i dont understand your statement. You meant that are other eproms in the hardware that cant be replaced except using the "installer", instead of flashing the firmware.

And what do you meant by use this feature? Do you know what it does?

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
@P R N D

Hi, the USB power comes from your set top box if you have not disabled the option.

Even if you have disabled the option, you may still be able to enjoy good reception if the signal at your location is good.

According to specs, the antenna gain is 14 DBi (compared to a optimum gain of 5dBi from dipole), and an amplifier gain of 13 dB.

As it is, the antenna gain is already quite good compared to those cheap whip antenna which can also work in some locations. So the amplifier is redundant. You can verify this by checking on your STB setting.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi mrsun18, i did not need the set up box as i using digital TV.

So i do not need the amplifier to connect to TV USB to power up the Antenna since i already able received clear channels?

Sent from Mercedes-Benz E250 using GAGT
It is possible that you can use the active antenna as a passive one without the USB supply, if the signal is strong enough at your location. i am not sure if your tv antenna port supplies the 5v similar to the STB antenna port. You may wish to confirm with the service centre of your tv :).

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
, i did not need the set up box as i using digital TV.

So i do not need the amplifier to connect to TV USB to power up the Antenna since i already able received clear channels?

Sent from Mercedes-Benz E250 using GAGT

one option is to give/sell away the active antenna and buy a $2 passive antenna. It is much smaller.

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm back in this thread coz my NMS package giving me problems again. Previously was the power adapter blew, went to their office to change.

This time keep having intermittent lagging for audio and video (although signal is near 100%), until today when the whole thing died with "no signal" stated. Kinda suspect that the antenna died.

What do I do? Go back to their office change again?

Sim Kai Long

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm back in this thread coz my NMS package giving me problems again. Previously was the power adapter blew, went to their office to change.

This time keep having intermittent lagging for audio and video (although signal is near 100%), until today when the whole thing died with "no signal" stated. Kinda suspect that the antenna died.

Mine also died yesterday, for the 2nd time liao. Feel like just getting a seperate Draco on my own. Zzz

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Draco HDT2-7700 recording daily from Jul 2018 without issue.

Last edited:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Hmm...My malaysian channels start to hang again, and signal intensity dropping to 0% :(

Strange, last year was still ok

Last edited:

moron+genius

Reaction score
Hmm...My malaysian channels start to hang again, and signal intensity dropping to 0% :(

Few ppl had reported this problem b4 in this thread. Happened since sg goes 100% digital. MY signal has become unstable so u need 2 reposition ur attenna 4 best reception.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Few ppl had reported this problem b4 in this thread. Happened since sg goes 100% digital. MY signal has become unstable so u need 2 reposition ur attenna 4 best reception.

I see. I suppose even changing a new antenna also unlikely will help, right ?

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
My Draco HDT2-7700 recording daily from Jul 2018 without issue.
Can your recordings be played elsewhere, for example, on a pc with suitable media players?

My recordings on 7300 (discontinued) can do so even as the data sheet claimed "Copy protection: HDMI 1.3/HDCP 1.2"

Durian Shell

Reaction score

Don't use NMS dtv box (they did something on ch47, the signal quality drop abt 60% and unstable), or do more effort to play your antenna position... China brand DTV stb and DTV with build in DVB-t2 tuner has no issue at all.......

Ninjaa89

Reaction score
Hi guys,

If you have the time, just go back change ba. Anyway it's a free 1 year warranty and I heard their exchange process quite fast.

Third box change already should be ok, hope you not so sui :s22:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Don't use NMS dtv box (they did something on ch47, the signal quality drop abt 60% and unstable), or do more effort to play your antenna position... China brand DTV stb and DTV with build in DVB-t2 tuner has no issue at all.......

I see. Let me test out the opinions available first and see how it goes.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
You can try Batam RCTI (Ch 43 analogue) and SCTV (Ch 47 analogue). See my post #150.

Bad to impossible as observed by many in this thread. Reason explained in post #155 and confirmed by mrclubbie.

Interesting. I re-positioned my antenna and used another one (pic below) and managed to receive malaysian channels, but the signal intensity is around 20%. Possible the transmission power has been reduced ?

Then I noted that there seems to be a problem with my NMS antenna ? The signal quality and intensity for local channels have dropped to around 50%.

I proceed to use my old antenna, and both signal quality and intensity for the local channels jump back to close to 100%.
Both antennas placed at same position.
YoISP4R.jpg

Hmm ?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.