View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 03:11 PM   #1
Blazing fire

Samsung 10+ mini-review

I "upgraded" from a Motorola X Play to a Samsung 10+ and I am completely underwhelmed by the screen. Actually, that's putting it mildly...

1. The AMOLED screen uses Pulse-width modulation (PWM) for dimming, and uses a very low frequency PWM at that. This causes me eye-strain.

2. The "vivid' mode is oversaturated.

3. The "neutral" mode has a yellows cast even with the blue light filter off and even after removing the pre-applied screen protector.

I don't care if it has HDR10+ if colours on websites don't even appear correctly!

I thought the biggest issue would be the childish skin Samsung uses. In fact, my main issue is the ostensibly colour accurate screen... What an irony and disappointment.

[11 March 2019 update: Since day one, I've been finding it hard to read texts on the Samsung 10+, even with the screen resolution set at 3440 x 1440 and even after removing the pre-applied screen protector. Texts appear slightly fuzzy compared to my cheap 1920x1080 IPS screen. I think I've finally found out the reason: the Diamond Pentile sub-pixel arrangement.]

[16 April 2019 update: The off-viewing angles of the display (esp up-down) is terrible!!! Isn't OLED supposed to be better than most TFT?]

Last edited by Blazing fire; 16-04-2019 at 06:09 PM..
Blazing fire is offline   Reply With Quote