Creative Outlier Air truly wireless earphones

yamakazi51

Master Member
Reaction score
Any updates? Was looking to buy the Jabra elite active 65t but this looks promising..

Same here. To be used for daily activities including jogging. Hopefully not some China OEM product like some of their low end bt speakers

thecurioustechie

Reaction score
Seems like alot people ordering. Estimated delivery is now 15march, it was previously 8march!

Shucks, tempting. $99 risk :/

kheng86

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just placed an order

Estimated Delivery Date
18 - 22 Mar 2019

rejuvienate

Reaction score
Kindly be advised that with Bluetooth technology/streaming, audio/video latency maybe encountered and cannot be avoided as compared when using a wired headset. However, this lag should not be very noticeable with the Creative Outlier Air.

The Outlier Air does not support aptX-LL (aptX Low Latency) codec. The aptX-LL (aptX Low Latency) codec reduces delay and improve video/audio synchronization.

In addition, there is no audio syncing issues between the left and right earbud.

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
APTX or LL, doesnt matter to me, as long as there isnt noticeable lag when i watch videos:s13::s13:
those with google home mini can try to use it as a pc speaker, the audio and video desync is at least 1-2s

Hmm....if no LL or equivalent, there's high chance of noticeable lag lei....voice come half a second after mouth open...maybe bt 5.0 has good latency performance, but have yet to hear....

Last edited:

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
APTX or LL, doesnt matter to me, as long as there isnt noticeable lag when i watch videos:s13::s13:
those with google home mini can try to use it as a pc speaker, the audio and video desync is at least 1-2s

It matters if you want minimal lag. Aptx LL literally means low latency

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Means it's just a marketing gimmick that they wrote aptx?

Aptx is aptx
Aptx LL is aptx LL
Aptx hd is aptx hd
Aptx adaptive is aptx adaptive

Simi marketing gimmick, the only one so far is apple calling their LCD screen liquid retina display.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need rush to buy lah. Creative stuff always got discounts every few months.

bevan1121

Reaction score
iirc their facebook says there will be stock.

emailed them about the LED and APTX-LL + LDAC, imo dont put too much hopes on APTX-LL/LDAC to be supported, but its nice to see this reply from creative

Untitled.png

via firmware updates :eek:

later an update bricks the outlier :s22::s22:

hiryu

Reaction score
I just got my 2 sets delivered. But won't have time to check/review until tonight.

rejuvienate

Reaction score
sagu sic first quick impressions :

- carrying case and earbuds look pleasant
- difficult to remove earbuds out of carrying case
- decent sound quality: strong bass, mid and treble muffled
- no disconnection or lag between left and right earbuds
- blue rings around earbuds blinks when earbuds are not connected or not playing audio
- when playing audio, the blue rings around the earbuds are not lit up
- good ear fit which do not drop out and wear comfort acceptable
- earbud controls buggy and need to get used to its uncomfortable pressing against the ears

sagu reminds potential users that this Creative Outlier Air is targeted for Sports users which explain why its sound quality leans towards the bassy frequencies and users should not be looking for audiophile sound quality with this true wireless earbuds for $119.00.:s22:

#saguwisdom :vijayadmin:

Got lag when watching videos? Are the earbuds magnetic(easy to put back in case)

hiryu

Reaction score
Sagu pretty much sums up my feeling towards this product. There is lag when watching videos on my Note 9 using SBC but hardly any when using AptX. Did a blind test and AptX makes a real difference.

It is also lag free when watching movies on my iPad. No disconnection while it’s in my pocket or when I simulated a running action. I haven’t had any disconnection in my short time with it. Will test the earbuds with my laptop and also Pixel 2XL later to see if there is any thing different.

I feel it is worth the price at $99 but it is definitely not for audiophiles or people who are picky about sound. In fact, I feel my Outlier One is more value for money but that’s is a different product.

Overall I’m definitely keeping this and would recommend this product.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.