[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Reminder... Division 2 Open Beta is going on, since Friday night. It should continue till March 5th (Tue) 5PM our time, I think, so 2 more full days to play.

SG PSN Store download: https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/product/JP0001-CUSA13192_00-ASIA000000000002
US PSN Store download: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0001-CUSA13726_00-TCTD2BETA0000001

dio brando

Master Member
Reaction score
no one posted this?

Square enix - ONINAKI Announcement Trailer

doesn't look good, doesn't look interesting. (for me)

same with left alive. say take place in "front mission" world makes me so bloody HYPE. saw the game and its sh*t. SE dare to sell PS3 graphic stuff on PS4, very good i clap for them.

masashi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think I'm only interested in Chocobo dungeon nia.. The games nowadays doesn't pique my interest dunno why :(

Sent from Pocoyo Land using GAGT

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
no one posted this?

Square enix - ONINAKI Announcement Trailer
The AI in town (@1:03) is really LOL. People are walking as though they are cars on a highway, it's like the town got straight (and perpendicular) lanes that they have to follow in an orderly manner.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The AI in town (@1:03) is really LOL. People are walking as though they are cars on a highway, it's like the town got straight (and perpendicular) lanes that they have to follow in an orderly manner.

last time jrpg is like that ma

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
i saw the gameplay like same as last time, enemy still not much variety?

wats ur take?
I can't comment much about it as I have only played it for a short time. I spent about 3 hours in the Division 2 beta and roughly the same in Division 1 full game. I remember reading that a difference is in the dark zone but I haven't reached that (and don't intend to do PvP anyway). I do like the environmental setting though, there's so much details in the open world, the level/world design is just amazing.

From what I've played, indeed it feels very similar to the first game. The main reason I played so little of both is that I can't get into the core shooting and cover mechanics. When you are walking around the world, you will keep getting X prompts cos that's how you take cover. And when you want to more from cover to cover, you have to point the camera to the next cover then hold X. It's not a free motion thing. I understand that Tom Clancy games are supposed to be tactical, but I just don't like this. (Can't remember which other games did something like that, maybe Army of Two? Love that series though.) If they had implemented the normal shooter cover mechanics or no cover mechanics at all (the level designs will have to be changed if no cover, like having more pillars or such that you can hide behind rather than a flipped over table or something), I would certainly play this series. Something like Ghost Recon Wildlands (another Ubisoft openworld Tom Clancy game) cover system, or Uncharted, would be all it takes to draw me in.

The cover issue dosen't stop there. When you shoot from cover, normally games will have you pop up your head and shoot (I am not talking about blind fire here but proper aim and fire). In Division games, you will stand up and shoot, whole upper body is exposed from cover. What's the point of taking cover then? And when you reload (or sometimes it seem like the weapon jam or something and you are fiddling with it), you just stand there taking bullets from enemies. You have to release the aim trigger to drop back behind cover. Can't the game automatically do that? Instead of focusing on shooting, it becomes like a rhythm game where you have to remember when to release aim. And when an enemy comes next to you or behind you, you still can't just turn and shoot at them from behind cover, you will stand up and expose your back to every enemy while you take care of those next to you. And oh boy the close range shooting is just comical, from the enemy AI to the way you shoot face to face, it's terrible. (And melee, which the game doesn't teach you, only works a quarter of the time.)

Some of the button mappings are odd, like sometimes I just completely forget how to throw grenade (it's D-pad left). The game doesn't teach you about calling back your turret, but when I did that, it doesn't seem like cool down is shorten. There are a few other odd stuffs and bugs, like I have seen other players 'swimming' in mid air (they float while standing and the hands move around like swimming). Anyway, these are not major to me. It's just that the basic shooting/cover doesn't work for me and that's a showstopper. Of cos, mileage varies from player to player.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i saw the gameplay like same as last time, enemy still not much variety?

wats ur take?

completed the whole beta as well as beta dark zone. the gameplay largely remain the same as part 1. enemies are similar with not much changes in AI. there is no stealth. only this time its not snowing.

shall wait for it to be on sale then buy and play.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can't comment much about it as I have only played it for a short time. I spent about 3 hours in the Division 2 beta and roughly the same in Division 1 full game. I remember reading that a difference is in the dark zone but I haven't reached that (and don't intend to do PvP anyway). I do like the environmental setting though, there's so much details in the open world, the level/world design is just amazing.

From what I've played, indeed it feels very similar to the first game. The main reason I played so little of both is that I can't get into the core shooting and cover mechanics. When you are walking around the world, you will keep getting X prompts cos that's how you take cover. And when you want to more from cover to cover, you have to point the camera to the next cover then hold X. It's not a free motion thing. I understand that Tom Clancy games are supposed to be tactical, but I just don't like this. (Can't remember which other games did something like that, maybe Army of Two? Love that series though.) If they had implemented the normal shooter cover mechanics or no cover mechanics at all (the level designs will have to be changed if no cover, like having more pillars or such that you can hide behind rather than a flipped over table or something), I would certainly play this series. Something like Ghost Recon Wildlands (another Ubisoft openworld Tom Clancy game) cover system, or Uncharted, would be all it takes to draw me in.

The cover issue dosen't stop there. When you shoot from cover, normally games will have you pop up your head and shoot (I am not talking about blind fire here but proper aim and fire). In Division games, you will stand up and shoot, whole upper body is exposed from cover. What's the point of taking cover then? And when you reload (or sometimes it seem like the weapon jam or something and you are fiddling with it), you just stand there taking bullets from enemies. You have to release the aim trigger to drop back behind cover. Can't the game automatically do that? Instead of focusing on shooting, it becomes like a rhythm game where you have to remember when to release aim. And when an enemy comes next to you or behind you, you still can't just turn and shoot at them from behind cover, you will stand up and expose your back to every enemy while you take care of those next to you. And oh boy the close range shooting is just comical, from the enemy AI to the way you shoot face to face, it's terrible. (And melee, which the game doesn't teach you, only works a quarter of the time.)

Some of the button mappings are odd, like sometimes I just completely forget how to throw grenade (it's D-pad left). The game doesn't teach you about calling back your turret, but when I did that, it doesn't seem like cool down is shorten. There are a few other odd stuffs and bugs, like I have seen other players 'swimming' in mid air (they float while standing and the hands move around like swimming). Anyway, these are not major to me. It's just that the basic shooting/cover doesn't work for me and that's a showstopper. Of cos, mileage varies from player to player.

yeah i also hate the cover to cover shooting. sometimes died due to not being fast enough to turn and shoot enemies coming from the back. melee also quite bad that i don't even use it.

the game largely remain the same but so far never see any players swimming or any bug, glitch etc. i still prefer ghost recon wildlands.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Devil May Cry 5 reviews:

ACG - Buy, but microtransactions

IGN - 9.5

Easy Allies - 9.0

mliolukiye

Reaction score
I find DMC's iconic "Grade pop-ups" (Letters at the side of screen to rate your performance real-time. e.g. A - Apocalyptic! etc.) really distracting.

mun_hoe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
beat saber released in SG PSN today.......and i bought it yesterday via US PSN :s13:

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
beat saber released in SG PSN today.......and i bought it yesterday via US PSN :s13:

which one cheaper?
You guys using any eye mask while using the headset o prevent sweat from getting into the headset?

mun_hoe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which one cheaper?
You guys using any eye mask while using the headset o prevent sweat from getting into the headset?

US PSN: USD$29.99
SG PSN: SGD$41.30

i dun use, but yea it gets kinda irritating when moisture builds up around the eyes and sweat start to trickle cause some burn on my eyeballs. have to periodically lift open the headgear.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dun follow ang mo use headset la, they live in cooling countries while we live in oven.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.