Best value 2060 laptop

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Value in terms of... cheapest price? Thermals? Overall package? Build quality?

You need to define what you see as "value"

msaz

Reaction score
dell new g5 gaming definitely the best. with thunderbolt 3 for future upgrades

computersnoob

Reaction score
It's the most value for money, because of the steep discounts/free upgrades, as compared to their closest rivals like legion or aero15. Also, relatively lighter. Though the keyboard and design could have been better...

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
check out acer triton 500. has thunderbolt 3 also but comes with 8gb ram. RRP $2598 but best denki selling at $2458. Very new model many places no display set for you to play with but best denki has 1 for you to see see touch touch.

Warranty is 3 years but you have to send in and pick up yourself at jurong so if you live too far from jurong then maybe you should skip this.

Last edited:

celestial517

Master Member
Reaction score
check out acer triton 500. has thunderbolt 3 also but comes with 8gb ram. RRP $2598 but best denki selling at $2458. Very new model many places no display set for you to play with but best denki has 1 for you to see see touch touch.

Warranty is 3 years but you have to send in and pick up yourself at jurong so if you live too far from jurong then maybe you should skip this.

acer has very bad quality. i swearing off it, for the past 20 years.

TianyaSG

Reaction score
Triton 500 actually build quality is ok. given 3 years warranty, you have kinda peace of mind.

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a Slate 17 with RTX 2060.

It is a fantastic purchase .

The laptop is very slim and can be carried easily around in a backpack.
It is also wrapped in nice Aluminium sheet and the whole laptop has a wonderful feel to it.

My original slate laptop came with 1 512 GB NVME drive and a 1 TB HDD.
So I also upgraded the storage to 5 TB in total !

This laptop can be installed with 2 pieces of NVME 2 TB Intel 660 p for only USD 200 per piece x 2. I purchased my upgrades from Amazon.
I then brought my laptop back to Aftershock HQ who helped me to install the NVME drives for free.
Btw, I did the c drive cloning myself using Acronis True Image .

Is slate 15 the best value?

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.