Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Messup

Reaction score
Same, ive alrdy have 1 cctv installed. They came my house TWICE, and yes more police patrol but usually wrong timing around noon and bfore 10pm.

Twice? Yours so persistent?

May I ask yours is a loan scam case or you stopped paying from the loan they gave you?

Last edited:

Ma1983

Reaction score
Hi,
My husband borrow money from loan shark. He borrowed $1100 and pay them $200 every week now they say total is $2200. They have been harrassing me with phonecalls and watsapp. We have make police report. Now they want me to pay full on behalf of my husband if not they will burn my house. Any advise?

green72

Reaction score
Hi,
My husband borrow money from loan shark. He borrowed $1100 and pay them $200 every week now they say total is $2200. They have been harrassing me with phonecalls and watsapp. We have make police report. Now they want me to pay full on behalf of my husband if not they will burn my house. Any advise?

We are all here in the same situation. There have been no cases they have burn someone house.

All threats only. Call 999 everytime they make such threats. STOP PAYING. That is the first step.

Install CCTV if you have the means. Police install cctv only after your house get splash or harass.
Stop/block all communication. If they cannot contact you then they cannot make threats.
Then if the send someone to your house, call 999. Email all evidence and communication to your I/O.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,

All the info you need are here. Don't be afraid of them. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Fear Less

Reaction score
Size up your problem . 1 or 10 loan shark , dont pay anymore. Will never end. Just follow JLeague advice and read up.

Hi,

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Ah long so rich.
Lend $1100 and get back $2200.
Are you 36 years old ?
You eat until so big got see any news in Strait Times that Ah Long burn someone to death or Ah Long use parang cut someone become 18 pieces ? :s13:
Are you Singaporean and live in Singapore ?
If yes then no worry.
Must trust the SPF.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Good job bro. Thanks for helping out.

We are all here in the same situation. There have been no cases they have burn someone house.

All threats only. Call 999 everytime they make such threats. STOP PAYING. That is the first step.

Install CCTV if you have the means. Police install cctv only after your house get splash or harass.
Stop/block all communication. If they cannot contact you then they cannot make threats.
Then if the send someone to your house, call 999. Email all evidence and communication to your I/O.

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes please install cctv to secure your house for your loved ones. You need 24/7 surveilance if anything happens as evidence is needed.

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same, ive alrdy have 1 cctv installed. They came my house TWICE, and yes more police patrol but usually wrong timing around noon and bfore 10pm.

install cctv is very good, make sure there is harddisk recording. i know of people got cctv but no storage recording :s13::s13::s13:

green72

Reaction score
UMLs are a menace to our society. SPF are doing their best to bring them down. But the comercial entities like banks and telcos are not as proactive to this type of crime. Where are their CSR?

When I reported my case as illegal activities/money laundering, my bank seems so bo chap and process as return to sender case.Still in process some more.

I think I just bring this up to my MP at next Meet MP Session so can bring up in parliament.

Last edited:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UMLs are a menace to our society. SPF are doing their best to bring them down. But the comercial entities like banks and telcos are not as proactive to this type of crime. Where are their CSR?

When I reported my case as illegal activities/money laundering, my bank seems so bo chap and process as return to sender case.Still in process some more.

I think I just bring this up to my MP at next Meet MP Session so can bring up in parliament.

The best solution is don't borrow any money.
If want to borrow money, go to Bank.

green72

Reaction score

Not simple as that. Bad lifestyle choices can cause one's credit ratings to be poor. I believe many victims here are in that situation.

Bills still have to be paid even if the person has just lost his job. Banks won't provide loans to those unemployed.

It just not as simple a solution as you imply.But borrowing from UML is the worst thing for one to do.

Last edited:

Vimo Novo

Reaction score
Not so easy to loan from bank. Most people might have bad credit record. That being said, instead of borrowing from UML or bank, perhaps seek help from friends or family members. Surely few hundreds to survive til next payday would be sufficed.

Vimo Novo

Reaction score
Loansharks will triumph only if you give in to their threats. There is nothing they can do if you don’t pay. Don’t forget every transaction made by you is also considered as illegal money laundering for them. Nowadays all the punishments are very harsh and heavy for those runners. Think about how many would want to risk for those Loansharks. Paying them means they win. Threats would be definitely hinder you for a while. The most they splash paint. All those culprits for setting fire are already being caught. They can’t afford to play if they run out of runners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.