Honda Fit/Jazz Part 2

HL

Reaction score
doh really see much Jazz on the road. the highest count on the road is still Vezel/HRV :s13:

Give it a few months maybe? The first batch from the start of the COE dip back in Oct 2018/Motorshow has just started coming in for collection.

HondaJG

Reaction score
Give it a few months maybe? The first batch from the start of the COE dip back in Oct 2018/Motorshow has just started coming in for collection.

i think KM is doing the sales quota control to draw buyers attention
is like the food stall got the longest queue, people naturally will think the food is good and will join the long queue :s13:

tek888

Reaction score
Most PIs throw in all the above as part of the package, even for the lowest trim.

can you advise which PIs bundle all the goodies in their base trim?

just sharing based on my personal experience as I did quite a bit of homework between Fit and Jazz before settling for the latter.

I went to a few PIs to get a quote for Fit 1.3...I would say all of them work very similarly. Quote the cheapest price just to draw the buyers in, and then slowly addon to the price when you ask for more. Like what the other bros say, the base trim came with nothing practically...leather seats, solar film, reverse sensors, reverse cam....and yes, the base Fit came with 14" steel rims.

Some better PIs may throw in leather seats or solar film as standard, but their prices 1-2k more. guess nothing comes for free.

Also most of them will entice you to take up loan with them. if you opt for no loan, then clearly your choice should be Jazz as KM don't jack up the price if you dont take up a loan with them. PI increased 3k if i dont take loan.

When I bought the Jazz, it came with guaranteed COE, 5yrs warranty and 3 yrs free servicing. Some PIs try to match these but again it depends on individuals whether they feel comfy or not :)

Hope this is helpful to those who are shopping around for Fit/Jazz. Do you homework thoroughly...dont just base on the info from 1-2 parties...take time to shop around and compare.

chansl89

Reaction score
Just got a new 1.3 Jazz in view of the "lower" COE. My first car

I forgot is there any arm rest in it ? Thinking if i should get those on Q100 and fix it.

Anyone remembered ?

tek888

Reaction score
Just got a new 1.3 Jazz in view of the "lower" COE. My first car

I forgot is there any arm rest in it ? Thinking if i should get those on Q100 and fix it.

Anyone remembered ?

yes it has a very nice armrest but it's too low.

giamhe

Reaction score
btw i got question for anyone who recently collected their car from Kah motor.

So I got mine in Feb from Kah Ubi, came with 2ch Iroad V9.
Just wanted to check if you guys know whether they install it direct to battery, or to ignition?
Wanna turn on the parking mode function, but not sure if can.
Any other way to find out?

TIA.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw i got question for anyone who recently collected their car from Kah motor.

So I got mine in Feb from Kah Ubi, came with 2ch Iroad V9.
Just wanted to check if you guys know whether they install it direct to battery, or to ignition?
Wanna turn on the parking mode function, but not sure if can.
Any other way to find out?

TIA.

Since late 2017 onward. Many AD included kah motor already don't install dash cam with parking mode coz many owners went back to AD within 1 year to claim warranty for the car batt . Now AD become smart. They wired thru ignition and once u rewired your car cam to batt. It will void your car batt warranty.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

just sharing based on my personal experience as I did quite a bit of homework between Fit and Jazz before settling for the latter.

I went to a few PIs to get a quote for Fit 1.3...I would say all of them work very similarly. Quote the cheapest price just to draw the buyers in, and then slowly addon to the price when you ask for more. Like what the other bros say, the base trim came with nothing practically...leather seats, solar film, reverse sensors, reverse cam....and yes, the base Fit came with 14" steel rims.

Some better PIs may throw in leather seats or solar film as standard, but their prices 1-2k more. guess nothing comes for free.

Also most of them will entice you to take up loan with them. if you opt for no loan, then clearly your choice should be Jazz as KM don't jack up the price if you dont take up a loan with them. PI increased 3k if i dont take loan.

When I bought the Jazz, it came with guaranteed COE, 5yrs warranty and 3 yrs free servicing. Some PIs try to match these but again it depends on individuals whether they feel comfy or not :)

Hope this is helpful to those who are shopping around for Fit/Jazz. Do you homework thoroughly...dont just base on the info from 1-2 parties...take time to shop around and compare.

Agreed. One of the most sensible replies about getting jazz or fit.
Especially the loan requirements. Went to 1 PI before. Told me I have to loan 70% 7 years to have the offered price.

If u can afford to down more and yet have to loan more. There is actually no saving of getting from PI. Somemore the PI better don't close shop when recall after 5 years later.

My old GD jazz being recalled 3 times by kah motor even no longer under warranty.

1st the high beam headlight wiring issue

2nd the switch of the power window

3rd. The airbag part replacement

chansl89

Reaction score
Agreed. One of the most sensible replies about getting jazz or fit.
Especially the loan requirements. Went to 1 PI before. Told me I have to loan 70% 7 years to have the offered price.

If u can afford to down more and yet have to loan more. There is actually no saving of getting from PI. Somemore the PI better don't close shop when recall after 5 years later.

My old GD jazz being recalled 3 times by kah motor even no longer under warranty.

1st the high beam headlight wiring issue

2nd the switch of the power window

3rd. The airbag part replacement

I was told by my AD SE that the car sold by PI, if Kenna recalled, Honda won't cover. If AD, even after warranty, if recall, they will take it back.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was told by my AD SE that the car sold by PI, if Kenna recalled, Honda won't cover. If AD, even after warranty, if recall, they will take it back.

It might be not necessary true. There was a case where LTA ordered borneo motor to fix the recall on some batches of PI cars because the PI had closed shop and owners had no shop to bang table.

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

it's Honda AD who won't cover. PI warranty workshop will cover. By right...., unless the PI told u no warranty la

zoneware7

Reaction score
I think unless one is quite well verse in car, which i think most of us r not, better to stick with AD. I see people bought fr PI, after collect car complain this missing, that one not included etc...

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It might be not necessary true. There was a case where LTA ordered borneo motor to fix the recall on some batches of PI cars because the PI had closed shop and owners had no shop to bang table.
They don’t ”order”, they have absolutely no right to. LTA can only negotiate with direct importers who have in-house workshops to provide this service ... AD is also considered a direct importer.

Kah Motor opted to not agree to offer handling recalls for PI vehicles ... LTA can’t do $#!t about it.

And even an AD agree to handle recall for PI vehicles, it’s not free like for cars brought in by them ... if your car is a PI vehicle and you’re directed by LTA to go to the AD (because your vehicle’s direct importer has closed down), you have to pay parts and labour.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think unless one is quite well verse in car, which i think most of us r not, better to stick with AD. I see people bought fr PI, after collect car complain this missing, that one not included etc...

Those bought and kbkp when collecting car would be they did not do a diligent comparison between PIs offerring the same car and model. Thatz how i see it.
Personally, dun need to be Mr well verse, just compare can liao. Cos there are many many PIs selling same ride... :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.