Creative sxfi air headphones

hoks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PSA:

However, the follow devices exhibit compatibility issues with SXFI AIR, and are not supported.

Huawei Honor 9 Lite/P8, P20, P20 Pro, and others in the same series
OPPO R9
Sony Xperia XA series and XA1 series

Knn heng I bought this for PC use.

vijayp70

Reaction score
I tried it using my Huawei P20 Pro and it worked fine. No issues. I think they have sorted out the issues now.

PSA:

However, the follow devices exhibit compatibility issues with SXFI AIR, and are not supported.

Huawei Honor 9 Lite/P8, P20, P20 Pro, and others in the same series
OPPO R9
Sony Xperia XA series and XA1 series

Knn heng I bought this for PC use.

vijayp70

Reaction score
Went to the IT show and tried different music genres and videos on my audiotechnica headphones without sxfi and then with the sxfi Air headphones. Liked what I heard and bought a pair. Enjoying the new cans. Also tried audio calls with the built in Nano boom mic and call audio quality is superb.

Last edited:

hoks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried it using my Huawei P20 Pro and it worked fine. No issues. I think they have sorted out the issues now.

I cant get it to work via bluetooth with my Mate 20 Pro. Wired connection is ok.

vijayp70

Reaction score
Hmm... It is working perfectly with my P 20 Pro

rQUOTE=hoks;119582878]I cant get it to work via bluetooth with my Mate 20 Pro. Wired connection is ok.[/QUOTE]

hoks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm... It is working perfectly with my P 20 Pro

rQUOTE=hoks;119582878]I cant get it to work via bluetooth with my Mate 20 Pro. Wired connection is ok.
[/QUOTE]
I can’t get them to pair via Bluetooth. Go to phone Bluetooth page can see the headphone but when click on it to pair, phone ask me to use app to pair.

In the app, go wireless and it says personalization done. Go select headphone choose unknown since Sxfi not listed. After that play song sound come out from phone speaker....

Give up...

vijayp70

Reaction score
I can’t get them to pair via Bluetooth. Go to phone Bluetooth page can see the headphone but when click on it to pair, phone ask me to use app to pair.

In the app, go wireless and it says personalization done. Go select headphone choose unknown since Sxfi not listed. After that play song sound come out from phone speaker....

Give up...[/QUOTE]

Strange. I was able to see the headphones for pairing in my bluetooth setting and paired both the demo unit and then my own unit at the show (creative helps with set up and personalization at the booth after purchase). May be too many people and too many demo units all serching for pairing when you tried ? Try again or call creative to check if they are seeing any issues with Mate series.

hoks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I din try at the show. What I mentioned was done at home after purchase. Will try calling them on Mon. No big issue actually since dun intend to use it wif phone.

ongwk0

Reaction score
i am having problems pairing with my S8, my PC cant pair as well after i setup my profile. anyone got any tips

it keeps telling me incorrect pin when i tried to pair with my phone.

but when i tried to pair with laptop it works, there was an additional item besides BLE xxx when i do discovery. Is it a blue tooth issue?

Last edited:

Exodus2K

Reaction score
Challenger Shop selling SFXI Air at only $209. No idea why Creative inflates the SRP from $219 to $239 then give fake discount of $20 to bring it back to $219.

kiama

Master Member
Reaction score
Challenger Shop selling SFXI Air at only $209. No idea why Creative inflates the SRP from $219 to $239 then give fake discount of $20 to bring it back to $219.

not only one item, but most of the others as well. really kns.

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score

You need to understand how marketing works.

If I were to sell something at $219 and there are no further discounts, you will also not have the urgency to buy the item at the Tech Show.

But... if I were to artificially inflate the price stating that its retail is $239 and that you can get a discount coupon worth $20 just by trying out the SXFI demo making the item go down to $219, you will definitely have a different perspective and feeling towards the same item which was intentionally supposed to be sold at $219 to begin with.

There will be a sense of urgency to make use of this "$20 discount coupon" or risk losing out on the supposed "deal".

That is why, by right, tech shows nowadays don't really have good "deals". Always do your research prior to visiting one. Because most times, Lazada, Qoo10, Shopee, Carousell or even brick and mortar stores like Challenger could have a lower price than what is seen at these Tech Shows where as shown, they are not really discounts but a perception of one.

vijayp70

Reaction score
Creative booth or challenger bro?
The Sxfi dongle with free headphones is selling for $199 at Creative booth in IT show also. The Sxfi Air headphones (no dongle as sxfi embedded in headphones with bluetooth connectivity) are selling for $219 in IT show and also on Creative online store.

finale1

Master Member
Reaction score
Using amp and wired headphone effect is better than the sxfi air.

Overall between noise cancelling and surround sound super XFI, I will still go for noise cancelling.

If creative can have noise cancelling and super SXFI then it’s a game changer. Otherwise, hard to convince myself to get Super xfi without noise cancelling.

Anyone has any experience / feedback about Creative's new xsfi Air headphones with sxfi technology built into the headphones ? They look attractive vs the Amp and free headphone bundle so I am tempted. Let me know.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.