Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaking

Reaction score
Even if you diligently pay them, from the experience of others here, they will make excuses to milk more from you.

The idea here is don't pay. My office uses a PABX system. They block those numbers.You could show police report to your office to stop/block those numbers.

Thank you for you advise. I feel a lil better.

green72

Reaction score
Anyone experience runners stalk and confront victims?

I guess it will be bad if victims are skilled in self-defence.

Anyway, any victims reading this, don't ever be a runner or open account for these UMLs as you not only have to face the loansharks but the law.

Your future will be bleak if you are caught by the law.

Remember this.

Last edited:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone experience runners stalk and confront victims?

I guess it will be bad if victims are skilled in self-defence.

Anyway, any victims reading this, don't ever be a runner or open account for these UMLs as you not only have to face the loansharks but the law.

Your future will be bleak if you are caught by the law.

Remember this.

Caning is no joke.
See the below video from Youtube.
Just report to Police and let the Police handle the loan shark.
Must trust our SPF.

tumblr_inline_pc094ctzTr1t4gczf_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_pc0964qEH71t4gczf_500.jpg

https://sg.feature.yahoo.com/post/175981578954/stay-away-from-ah-longs

Souijuro77

Reaction score
What action will the police take? I’ve already filed a online police report as well as went down to the station about a week ago. However, still getting harassed or going down to my unit.

green72

Reaction score
What action will the police take? I’ve already filed a online police report as well as went down to the station about a week ago. However, still getting harassed or going down to my unit.
Keep providing info to SPF. Email your I/O a detailed info eg CCTV footage, phone numbers and screenshot of WhatsApp messages.

Everytime they send runners, call 999. This, IMHO, is effective as it could lead to the arrest of runners and deprieve these UML of manpower.Realistically how many runners you think they can recruit if always these runners get arrested. How many bank account they can open fast enough if we report faster.

You could post the image and caning clip to them posted by delceer if you still get contact by them but best is lose all contacts with them.

Anyway we shouldn't discuss what SPF will do next as it removes the element of surprise.

Trust our SPF.

Last edited:

Vimo Novo

Reaction score
I think family and friends support are important. It’s good that you have understanding colleagues. Sometimes people feared that they will be scolded for what they did. But they will come realise that telling the truth beats living in the dark. More people would offer help and advices.

It's a Police case. Investigation is on going and no way I can or will return the money. To pay to the UML means I'm an accomplice. The situation now is not to communicate or transfer money. If they come and harass just call 999 and hope get caught by Police.

Communication-wise, already did what is necessary. Mine,NOK and Company have block and will continue to block any form of communications.

Without fear of feeling ashamed, my neighbors has been alerted too.

The money, I never touch and bank is escalating to return of the money or do something, I don't know.

Personally, I'm touch by family, friends and my company who have been very understanding.
My Co even offered counselling for the trauma I'm suffering. My friends offering to whack these UMLs if they ever catch. Family offer to stay at their place. So touched.

Anyway must not be scared of them. They feed on fear, that's what I learnt so far.

This is Singapore....

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive been reading this thread from page 1.
Same thing for me. Unwillingly became a debtor. Enquired for a pay day loan to pay my school fees end up i gotten a weekly loan instead from a few as i enquired all at the same day.

Couldnt approach the bank as i still have outstanding loan which im still paying off.

I just lost my job, my gf. My family gave up on me. My house got splashed just 2 hours ago. Second incident.

My house is empty as my family dont stay there, all of us are staying with my eldest sibling. I just got thrown out of the house two days ago. So im the only staying at my billing address that the ahlong have.

I tried clearing the loan end up paid more than the amount they transferred. Managed to clear off 3 of them good thing is they didnt disturb me after that.

Total i have 17 from different guys. Im not ashame to say it. Just dont want anyone to be like me.

Ranging from 300-2k. I paid them deferment on a daily basis till i have to walk to my office as i dont have money for work or makan.

So far my bank account been frozen due to the deferment payments as spf suspected i was one of the runners. Waiting for it to be unfrozen which the io says will take one month. Advised not to take up jobs or payment for ahlong.

Ive been cleared of the charges as ive provided details of every transaction made to them. So ive been instructed to stop paying and ignore them.

Imagine paying 1k plus everyday for deferment fees. I did up an excel file listing down the names and amount to clear.

Managed to close off some of them which mentioned that they are looking for long term business. So far the only one that splashed paint was the one i need to repay 2k. The rest just vulgarities and voice notes. Some offered me a job which i declined.

Every day i sit outside my house just in case these ppl come to harass. Now im cleaning the fresh paint on the floor and door and gate at this hour.

For those experiencing the same, be strong. This is just a phase. It will pass. I dont have access to my funds or last salary due to the account frozen.

I havent eaten a proper meal in 3days. Been surviving on water.

You need some serious help. Be not afraid. STOP PAYING!!!!!

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Reaction score

Be vigilant. If you see anybody suspicious or you are being harrassed in any way or you feel unsafe in any way, CALL 999.

Put all CCTVs in place or use the public ones.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

nosynancy

Reaction score
saw money lenders at my neighbours house doing their job. They were quite considerate and professional honestly. No loud shouting or scolding, every 10 min knock nicely and ask for payment. Even when neighbour said his deadbeat husband is dead, they politely give a stoic pls show death cert and I will leave :s13:

Well placed video cam on chest for transparency. good job!

Souijuro77

Reaction score
Keep providing info to SPF. Email your I/O a detailed info eg CCTV footage, phone numbers and screenshot of WhatsApp messages.

Everytime they send runners, call 999. This, IMHO, is effective as it could lead to the arrest of runners and deprieve these UML of manpower.Realistically how many runners you think they can recruit if always these runners get arrested. How many bank account they can open fast enough if we report faster.

You could post the image and caning clip to them posted by delceer if you still get contact by them but best is lose all contacts with them.

Anyway we shouldn't discuss what SPF will do next as it removes the element of surprise.

Trust our SPF.

Thanks for the detailed response! I’m at least comforted if there’s action being taken.

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
I’ve been in your shoe before I truly understand how you felt. It is damn miserable, whereby everyday have to fork out $. But still pls eat well, don’t be affected. Please drop me a pm would like to help u out or treat u a meal bro.

Ive a motion detetion camera installed. U can get it from challenger for 79 dollars. U will receive notification on ur phone if theres movement detected and it will start recording.

Idk how long it will last. In process to sell my house.

Vimo Novo

Reaction score
I don’t think licensed one dare to try anything funny. If you negotiate with them, it would work. If no money, really means no money. I used to face same problem with LML, if you talk to them, they will work out repayment scheme. Ever since that incident, I don’t dare to take any more loan. It’s more than I could bear.

saw money lenders at my neighbours house doing their job. They were quite considerate and professional honestly. No loud shouting or scolding, every 10 min knock nicely and ask for payment. Even when neighbour said his deadbeat husband is dead, they politely give a stoic pls show death cert and I will leave :s13:

Well placed video cam on chest for transparency. good job!

Vimo Novo

Reaction score
Loansharks are all desperate for money. You don’t need to be afraid of them. Inform your boss that you have been scammed and they will understand.

LS is calling the hotline. Even if i dont owe them anything they will still harrass?

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Loansharks are all desperate for money. You don’t need to be afraid of them. Inform your boss that you have been scammed and they will understand.

Yes.
Loan shark can't do anything to harm people in Singapore.
Those few foreigners posted here may contact your local country police if loan shark harass your family in your country.
All the advices here may not applicable onto foreign countries loan shark harassment.
Loan Shark in other countries are different from Singapore one.
Singapore just can shout over the phone.

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

get a cctv camera and record in case anything happens

Vimo Novo

Reaction score
Cctv alone won’t help all but it will still work. My unit was splashed last time and runner caught within 2 weeks. Throughout the whole harassment period, they sent me videos of burning door and photos of my family which they took it from Facebook and harassed my friends. I had to deactivate my account.

But more importantly, must really have a strong mental mind, to tahan all these and not fear them. I now think about how stupid I was by paying them because I was scared of them harassing. But the truth is once they splashed, I totally heck care about my fears. Embarrassment won’t save me anyway. But I still able to spend my own salary and pay for bills instead of feeding those *********kers.

get a cctv camera and record in case anything happens

Super lost

Reaction score
Cctv alone won’t help all but it will still work. My unit was splashed last time and runner caught within 2 weeks. Throughout the whole harassment period, they sent me videos of burning door and photos of my family which they took it from Facebook and harassed my friends. I had to deactivate my account.

But more importantly, must really have a strong mental mind, to tahan all these and not fear them. I now think about how stupid I was by paying them because I was scared of them harassing. But the truth is once they splashed, I totally heck care about my fears. Embarrassment won’t save me anyway. But I still able to spend my own salary and pay for bills instead of feeding those *********kers.

Yap .. I fully agreed on you for y pay those LS ..I do have the same feeling .. after few month of paying then I wake up y should I scare of them .. its really stupid for doing so ... y should we feed them with our hard earn $$$$$ I now can use my salary to go and do thing I like and saving ... the most impt is spend on what is needed dun over spend and u will not have $$$ problem

green72

Reaction score
Yes, don't pay even 1st repayment becoz I believe they trick people with promise of low interest at first or any other ruse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.