Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The RM realistic because you open Maxigain won't move funds out to buy anything. Maxigain cannot withdraw or counter will drop. 有进没出。

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
If open on 31 mar and put 15k, will there be stepup one month earlier than if open on 1 apr?

Whens the recommended date to open and fast? End of mar? 31 mar?

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If open on 31 mar and put 15k, will there be stepup one month earlier than if open on 1 apr?

Whens the recommended date to open and fast? End of mar? 31 mar?

31 Mar is a Sunday, therefore it might not be advisable to open your account on 31 Mar.

I suggest that you go to bigger branch (macdonald house), preferably early working day (Monday / Tuesday) of the last week to open your account. If any issues, hopefully they should be able to rectify within the week.

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
31 Mar is a Sunday, therefore it might not be advisable to open your account on 31 Mar.

I suggest that you go to bigger branch (macdonald house), preferably early working day (Monday / Tuesday) of the last week to open your account. If any issues, hopefully they should be able to rectify within the week.

Noted and thanks. Will open few days before 31 mar. Day 1 have to put in min 15k?

oleyAeon

Reaction score
can i confirm on the day of the month to withdraw the interest so that step up counter is not affected?

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Once it credit in the month the next day this amount will reflect as the lowest balance for that month, am I correct? Then how to withdraw it? Since it be consider below the pervious month counter will roll back.

Should be a date that will be credit and need to withdraw on that day

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Once it credit in the month the next day this amount will reflect as the lowest balance for that month, am I correct? Then how to withdraw it? Since it be consider below the pervious month counter will roll back.

Should be a date that will be credit and need to withdraw on that day

u can withdraw the interest anytime after it is posted so long as current month lowest balance is not lower than last month's lowest balance

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
Possible for me to open an account with 15K first to increase the counter?

When i have enough money, to push it to S$70K to enjoy the 1 month sibor rate?

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It is possible to do that. 15K is the minimum to avoid fall below fee.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry to enquire
Can I confirm once at counter 12, bonus interest will not reset subsequently and continue to be 1.2% until they decide to change terms?

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry to enquire
Can I confirm once at counter 12, bonus interest will not reset subsequently and continue to be 1.2% until they decide to change terms?

Need to continue keeping the lowest balance higher than that is previous month, if not drop back to step 6.

Boy who Procrastinates

Reaction score

yep it is possible. but even if you have enough money to push it to 70k, the interest rate at the beginning might not be that substantial when the counter is low.

That also depends on the interest rate you are getting elsewhere so u have to compare and see which one is higher. :):)

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks
All illustration only shows up to month 12.
I'll presume it will be counter 12 until they change terms.

It's clear that when they say increase by 0.1% per month, and up to 1.2% per month that it stops at counter 12 and not infinite.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.