Proposal Ring - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miltah

Reaction score
Will be heading down M Trio and Jannpaul (Again, as forgot that appointment is needed), I know about JP's cuts, how's M Trio's cut and pricing compares?

Poh Kim can I say that it is a hit or miss, may be able to find good cut at reasonably better price?

I’ve never been to either so maybe u can post what u find.

lance88

Reaction score
I am looking at 18k white gold wedding band, with no diamond ring. Does anyone know where can I get it below 1k for a pair?

Last edited:

Son-Y-noS

Reaction score
Will be heading down M Trio and Jannpaul (Again, as forgot that appointment is needed), I know about JP's cuts, how's M Trio's cut and pricing compares?

Poh Kim can I say that it is a hit or miss, may be able to find good cut at reasonably better price?

M Trio is the same as Bluenile. They drop ship. You can find the same diamonds on M Trio on Bluenile cheaper. Quality is a whole other thing

BilboSwaggins

Reaction score
Help Needed!

Hello Brothers and Sisters out there!

I have been lurking for a month doing my research as the time has come to purchase the proposal ring. I did my usual "Super Ideal" cut and maximum light return research. Went down to JannPaul twice for some quotes. I was served by Joy whom I know has a pretty good reputation (like all other JannPaul staff). Appreciate any comments on the pricing/specs quoted.

- All are Super Ideal Round Cut and pricing includes 7% GST.
- All have HCA score of under 1.4.
- All are triple Excellent with no florescence.

1.10 G VVS2 - $15,300 (Scopes attached) imgur.com/a/NiDDk2S

1.05 F VS1 - $15,800

1.01 E VS1 - $16,000

1.09 G VS1 - $15,000

1.02 G VS1 - $14,300

I'll be honest with you guys, with my untrained eye and even under 10x magnification, I struggle to see any inclusions in the VS1 and above diamonds.

This is the same for the colour. I am personally leaning more towards a heavier carat and going for the F/G colour as I really cannot see the difference in colour even with the diamonds E, F & G diamonds held together. (Maybe it is my eyes?) I can only see a slight yellow tinge in the G vs E when viewed against the white backdrop viewer and from the underside. Furthermore, my gf is not as 'well-read' in diamonds and she mainly only knows the carat weight and maybe the clarity.

As for the ASET, Ideal and Hearts & Arrows scopes, they look pretty similar to me with all the Hearts and Arrows and indications of good light return. Unfortunately JannPaul has been experiencing some technical issues with their machines and has been only able send a set of scope images for the 1st diamond indicated above. Please let me know if the scopes look good. I will try to obtain more scopes if possible.

Apologies for the long post and hope you experienced people out there can advise me!

Cheers!

Miltah

Reaction score
I did my usual "Super Ideal" cut and maximum light return research. Went down to JannPaul twice for some quotes.

- All are Super Ideal Round Cut and pricing includes 7% GST.

1.10 G VVS2 - $15,300 (Scopes attached) imgur.com/a/NiDDk2S
1.05 F VS1 - $15,800
1.01 E VS1 - $16,000
1.09 G VS1 - $15,000
1.02 G VS1 - $14,300

I'll be honest with you guys, with my untrained eye and even under 10x magnification, I struggle to see any inclusions in the VS1 and above diamonds.

This is the same for the colour. Furthermore, my gf is not as 'well-read' in diamonds and she mainly only knows the carat weight and maybe the clarity.

If u go with JP SIC, there is going to be little or no differences in the scope images. You will only be chasing paper perfection.

Since u mentioned not being so color sensitive and your gf likely only knows a bigger caret. Why not consider a HOH ideal cut, F, G or H with VS clarity grade. For the same price u are likely going to get 1.3-1.5 caret.

Of course if u want to stick with JP then even your first choice of the 1.10 G vvs has perfect scope images

Bigger caret or smaller perfection (which u might not even see the difference).... choice is yours

Last edited:

BilboSwaggins

Reaction score
If u go with JP SIC, there is going to be little or no differences in the scope images. You will only be chasing paper perfection.

Since u mentioned not being so color sensitive and your gf likely only knows a bigger caret. Why not consider a HOH ideal cut, F, G or H with VS clarity grade. For the same price u are likely going to get 1.3-1.5 caret.

Of course if u want to stick with JP then even your first choice of the 1.10 G vvs has perfect scope images

Bigger caret or smaller perfection (which u might not even see the difference).... choice is yours

Thank you for the reply. How about the pricing? Do they seem reasonable? Appreciate any other comments from all of you!

Miltah

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. How about the pricing? Do they seem reasonable? Appreciate any other comments from all of you!

For a superideal pricing, there is no comparison locally. If u compare with online superideal, it’s on par. Even if there’s some savings, it’s not worth the hassle.

Whiteflash ACA
- 1.073 G VS1, $13400 after gst
- 1.037 F VVS2, $14620
- 1.17 G VS1, $15560

throwawaygrad

Reaction score
Recently I heard that Moissanite Co have came out with a new AGS 000 / Ideal moissanite and a few of the girls in weddingbee/pricescope have ordered and are happy with what they got (and they are usually pretty good with diamonds). Perhaps suitable for consideration if anyone is in the market for a moissanite engagement or fun ring.

Miltah

Reaction score

No offence, here are perhaps some reason why you have so little comments. This thread is very JP biased so...

- if u say scope no good, u better be sure of what u saying
- if u say price no good, cheaper elsewhere. You will be accused of not comparing apples with apples as the quality is on another level.
- if you say u found perfect scopes, and cheaper, without revealing source, u will be accused of being a trade or tarnishing JPs name

If you need further validation, the past 100 pages have already done it

MistralWorks

Reaction score
Hi All,

anyway able to comment or advise with the following ?

Saw a ring that is quoted at $2460 USD

https://us.boucheron.com/en_us/the-...nd-solitaires/facette-platinum-solitaire.html

I wrote in to enquire the SG branch, but reply that came in was that this is not stocked in SG, thus requiring custom order with no exchange should size differ and will be charged at $4200 SGD for the 0.2 carat platinum version.

Miltah

Reaction score
Hi All,

anyway able to comment or advise with the following ?

Saw a ring that is quoted at $2460 USD

https://us.boucheron.com/en_us/the-...nd-solitaires/facette-platinum-solitaire.html

I wrote in to enquire the SG branch, but reply that came in was that this is not stocked in SG, thus requiring custom order with no exchange should size differ and will be charged at $4200 SGD for the 0.2 carat platinum version.

Even if you do the conversion it’s only $3700 max for a 0.2c with platinum
It’s not worth paying extra $500 for local

Plus I’m sure you can do a custom ring based on that design for less.
A 0.2C with Brian Gavin online is only $600+.
Let’s say the custom platinum was $1-1.5k
The stone is also likely to be uncertified at that size n u have no idea of cut
I’m sure u can work the rest out..

Last edited:

Maccabi

Reaction score
Help needed with this stone. Quoted 5945

bYbucRU.jpg

KE9Of9p.jpg

Rh7NVRv.jpg

Miltah

Reaction score
It’s not a bad stone. Decent ASET except for one corner. Slight symmetry issues which you can see more clearly with the hearts view.
But based on the ASET, the stone should perform admirably.

tiuaVmk.jpg

jPeF6Sd.jpg

Help needed with this stone. Quoted 5945

DriftKing

Reaction score
TBH I would take the above. Ideal in charts, just slight symmetry issue, I would imagine it wouldnt even show if you look in flesh. If you don't want it can lemme know where is this? :D

lsg716

Reaction score
hmpnDb3l.jpg

Hi all
Just wanted to get your opinion on this one..

Carat 1.2ct
Clarity VS1
Colour G
Cut triple excellent

Depth 61.2%
Table 58%
Crown angle 33.5
Pavilion angle 41.4

Price is about $14.7k

HCA score is lower than I'd like with the dimensions but what do you think of the diamond given the specs and price?

Sent from Samsung SM-G973F using GAGT

Xiaok94

Reaction score
Hello!

I have read a few pages and its a little confusing due to the lack of knowledge - will read up soon.

Could you please share with me some brands and specs if im looking at getting one at about $1.5k or less? (Im a girl and we are choosing the engagement ring and my partner dont really use such platform) i am okay with simple one, dont need a lot carat diamond and so on.

Also, how does engagement ring works? Is it for the girl to wear for life (ie wear together with wedding band after ROM or just only during engagement period?)

Thanks!

ThiamWan

Reaction score
hmpnDb3l.jpg

Hi all
Just wanted to get your opinion on this one..

Carat 1.2ct
Clarity VS1
Colour G
Cut triple excellent

Depth 61.2%
Table 58%
Crown angle 33.5
Pavilion angle 41.4

Price is about $14.7k

HCA score is lower than I'd like with the dimensions but what do you think of the diamond given the specs and price?

Sent from Samsung SM-G973F using GAGT

The arrows are not straight and the proportions ain’t that great. I feel the price is not really worth for that kind of quality.

H0cusP0cus

Reaction score
Engagement rings purpose defers from people to people.

Some wear it on a daily basis with the wedding band, or some wear it only on special occasions and only wear the wedding band daily.

Some jobs requires nothing to be worn on hand and these people might choose to not wear the ring altogether or choose to use the ring as a pendent.

Honestly 1.5k budget can’t really get you any decent diamond as most 18k white gold rings cost at least $600. You should most probably look for diamond stimulants like Orro.

Hello!

I have read a few pages and its a little confusing due to the lack of knowledge - will read up soon.

Could you please share with me some brands and specs if im looking at getting one at about $1.5k or less? (Im a girl and we are choosing the engagement ring and my partner dont really use such platform) i am okay with simple one, dont need a lot carat diamond and so on.

Also, how does engagement ring works? Is it for the girl to wear for life (ie wear together with wedding band after ROM or just only during engagement period?)

Thanks!

Xiaok94

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation!

Ytd we went to Love and Co and saw a diamond ring thats 0.23 but i dont have any other specification. Shes quoting a range of about 2k. I saw some post mentioning love and co over priced so i thought rhere could be other brands of cheaper range ~

Engagement rings purpose defers from people to people.

Some wear it on a daily basis with the wedding band, or some wear it only on special occasions and only wear the wedding band daily.

Some jobs requires nothing to be worn on hand and these people might choose to not wear the ring altogether or choose to use the ring as a pendent.

Honestly 1.5k budget can’t really get you any decent diamond as most 18k white gold rings cost at least $600. You should most probably look for diamond stimulants like Orro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.