The Hair Thread - Part 5

ecan07

Reaction score
quyJa0s.jpg

Wow this is really cheap? but not SGD right?
Am looking for a second hairdryer...

ecan07

Reaction score
hi, any hairbrush to recommend and where to buy? thanks

for quiff? i was reading some good reviews on this uppercut one, but then again, doesn't really matter for me since i dun do quiff. I reckon any ones with those beads at the end seems to do the job just fine?

ecan07

Reaction score
what hair dryer are u guys using? any to recommend? my budget is low :p

hmmm u can try looking for this brand Babybliss. I think it's quite a reputable brand. Look for something with at least 2k or 2.5k watts, with a minimum of 3 temp and 3 speeds, with ionizing cold blast function would be good enough.

I can't rem my model, but i rem i got it for less than 50 for sure. prob 30s-40s.

AbbyLim

Reaction score
Hey man thanks for your response and for clarifying!

Am not so sure about the website review thing as I think not all of us are willing to be in front of a cam. But for me, I'm defo willing to participate in a separate community where we can share legit, value added discussions. We'll see what the rest of the bros say.

Honestly pple like myself, GX, Matin, junhong bro aren't hard to find on FB - Abby has gone to the extent of stalking me personally already so.. Yeah connecting wouldn't be a difficult thing.

Let's see what the rest have to say.

Guest of this thread. This is what happens when I disrupt the lives of distributors and promotors. They start to team up, because why? They feel threaten and guilty. Typical gangster mindset and yet we are feeding their rolex.

Shall include in this in my next repost.

AbbyLim

Reaction score
Save it for someone more deserving.
Point is, its crystal clear revenge is the main motivator. No matter what is written, it will be twisted to its advantage.
This type is confirmed condemn case.

I'm not condemning anyone. I'm just pointing out the truth of this thread.

Anyways, for those pmed me. Hope you enjoyed my recommendations.

Last edited:

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
What is your hair texture?

texture? I don't know, smooth? length is probably short-medium.

Just to clarify, I did not get the conditioner, just the shampoo. So maybe that's why my hair feels dry after washing.

Actually, it does feel dry even after i wake up in the morning compared to pantene. With Pantene, my hair is -slightly- oily in the morning. I prefer my hair to be dry though i suspect its not good, i hate that oily hair feeling.

So maybe Vogne is super efficient at getting rid of oils with its "acidic" ph5.5 but either way, after this bottle is finished I will try other brands because the smell of this shampoo reminds me of a medical lotion for my skin that I used to use.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not condemning anyone. I'm just pointing out the truth of this thread.

Anyways, for those pmed me. Hope you enjoyed my recommendations.

Jin Satki. Opinion leader.
Why not share it here and benefit the masses?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guest of this thread. This is what happens when I disrupt the lives of distributors and promotors. They start to team up, because why? They feel threaten and guilty. Typical gangster mindset and yet we are feeding their rolex.

Shall include in this in my next repost.

1, 2, 3. 3, 2, 1 Abbylim number one.!!!!!!!!

Satki mens

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
texture? I don't know, smooth? length is probably short-medium.

Just to clarify, I did not get the conditioner, just the shampoo. So maybe that's why my hair feels dry after washing.

Actually, it does feel dry even after i wake up in the morning compared to pantene. With Pantene, my hair is -slightly- oily in the morning. I prefer my hair to be dry though i suspect its not good, i hate that oily hair feeling.

So maybe Vogne is super efficient at getting rid of oils with its "acidic" ph5.5 but either way, after this bottle is finished I will try other brands because the smell of this shampoo reminds me of a medical lotion for my skin that I used to use.

Hi! Vogne shampoo is a daily moisturizing shampoo. Like what the other bros mentioned, it will definitely weigh down the hair due to the high level of moisture. I would only recommend this shampoo, if your hair is dry and you do not have a sensitive scalp. If not, it may be better to go for other shampoos, especially if you style your hair regularly. :)

On this matter, you may consider trying out anti hair loss prevention shampoo. I do realize that the drying effects of such shampoo help to make styling much easier and also, to show some care for your scalp. Many people thought that washing the hair w a shampoo would equate to washing the scalp. But it’s different. If you think your hair is important, think twice.

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi! Vogne shampoo is a daily moisturizing shampoo. Like what the other bros mentioned, it will definitely weigh down the hair due to the high level of moisture. I would only recommend this shampoo, if your hair is dry and you do not have a sensitive scalp. If not, it may be better to go for other shampoos, especially if you style your hair regularly. :)

On this matter, you may consider trying out anti hair loss prevention shampoo. I do realize that the drying effects of such shampoo help to make styling much easier and also, to show some care for your scalp. Many people thought that washing the hair w a shampoo would equate to washing the scalp. But it’s different. If you think your hair is important, think twice.

It moisturizes also? No idea man, my hair feels dry after I wash it. But if it moisturizes also then great, nothing to worry about.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what hair dryer are u guys using? any to recommend? my budget is low :p

You may consider Panasonic EH-NA series as one of the possible options. I am seriously awed by the power of Panasonic in the domain of hair care. Usually, i take the concept of Ionic Hair Dryer w a pinch of salt. Because those so called “ionic” ones that I tried do not meet my expectations.

But Panasonic redefined this completely. Upon the first few tries, you will realize a significant improvement in your hair texture. It looks healthier and shinier. Now this may not mean a lot to guys, but no one is gonna say NO to healthier looking hair. Should you be sharing hairdryer with your partner at home, this will mean a lot to her (for obvious reasons).

FYI - I used to use a very normal hairdryer (ie no ionic function) with a high speed (ie 2200W). The various tiered speed/heat settings are also present, but one big problem that I faced is that I can feel my hair being dry and slightly frizzy after blow-drying. This never improve over time, even though I am able to improve it slightly with the use of hair wax/clay to enhance the hair texture.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm beginning to see a pattern in the way certain users have been posting. Hmm. Not sure if any of the bros can spot.

I actually didnt want to put my feet into this whole saga incident. It’s plain rubbish, IMO.

But I do realized that this brand - Gerson - publicly and blatantly replied with nothing but just biz-specific and service recovery info (if this is not advertising, i have no idea what is that). What surprised me more is that someone in this thread (everyone knows who) didnt say anything against that. In fact, none of the replies specific to Gerson was targeted by this person in question. I just thought that it’s funny, isn’t it?

jcw_17

Reaction score
for quiff? i was reading some good reviews on this uppercut one, but then again, doesn't really matter for me since i dun do quiff. I reckon any ones with those beads at the end seems to do the job just fine?

yeah my style is quiff. hard to find a hair product for quiff too. currently using firsthand pomade

losthopeguy

Reaction score
@nich song,

Bro u got any recommendation?
i am no longer doing the side part kind, now going more of the messy quiff style.

Do u think stickmore clay can do? or should i try the new cream from them

nichsong

Reaction score
@nich song,

Bro u got any recommendation?
i am no longer doing the side part kind, now going more of the messy quiff style.

Do u think stickmore clay can do? or should i try the new cream from them

Hey bro,

I would still defo reco the clay, it's versatile enough to hold looser styles like the modern quiff for sure. The cream, I can't comment as I've yet to try it out. My jar hasn't even been open haha It's something I'm leaving to try out later.

Anws I've decided to let go of my single jar of TSB 02. There's way too many products I have on hand for me to finish. Any bros interested, DM me and we'll arrange something.

zhaojun

Reaction score
Code:
I actually didnt want to put my feet into this whole saga incident. It’s plain rubbish, IMO.

But I do realized that this brand - Gerson - publicly and blatantly replied with nothing but just biz-specific and service recovery info (if this is not advertising, i have no idea what is that). What surprised me more is that someone in this thread (everyone knows who) didnt say anything against that. In fact, none of the replies specific to Gerson was targeted by this person in question. I just thought that it’s funny, isn’t it?

Ups.
Pattern too sui already.

AbbyLim

Reaction score

So you are saying I am part of Gerson? I wish then I can buy my rolex watch too. They're new, giving the benefit of a doubt. Until I find an inconsistency in Gerson, I'm just watching them first.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow this is really cheap? but not SGD right?
Am looking for a second hairdryer...

SGD.. Keep a look out for shoppee flash sale.. The seller been flash sale for few times weeks ago

Last edited:

ecan07

Reaction score
yeah my style is quiff. hard to find a hair product for quiff too. currently using firsthand pomade

hmmm i can't do quiff so i dunno. I think there was some reco on the uppercut roll brush that looks quite good but not cheap.
For hair products maybe u can look for robin james in youtube, i find his channel quite interesting to watch and he reviews quite a few products for his hair style (he was doing quiff previously). caveat is he is ang moh living in London so some of the things he say need to read with pinch of salt cos it may not work well for Asians hair and Singapore climate.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.