Recommend me a camera

AhNehDuaKi

Reaction score
Hey, bro thsnco. Thanks for the recommendation.

I just thought if exceed my budget a little bit (say, $100 to $150), that's understandable, I can probably wait a little later (few months?) so I can haggle down the price and ask for more discounts.

I agree with you, during this decision making process, I actually learned that lens investment is the long term factor that one need to consider before buying into a particular's brand system, because if one is to switch system, it's gonna be a hell costly decision to make, granted I do know there are adapters out there but you face the risk of your lens not working as intended if you use adapter. Like you said, buying the body is just the beginning.
why didn't you see other brand like Olympus the IT show olympus lens got a huge discount:s13: i just bought my 12-40mm lens at 900:(

Byfrost

Reaction score
Hi byfrost, the it show just ended...
Have you bought ur camera?

I watched a lot of youtube reviews...

Was considering canon m50 and the fujifilm xt100.
I want a good sensor camera with flip out lcd.

Why you not short listing xt100 anymore?
One con of this camera is the 4k 15ps.

I hope they will come out with xt200 this year though...and give us 4k 24ps...

Let me know what you think...

Not yet, IT Show got no super amazing deals. Essentially I can the same or even better price outside at any time. Only thing I noticed is Sony has better freebies during IT show.

I doubt the "X-T200" will be out so soon, given that X-T100 is a July/August 2018 product, so it's not even a year old.

Reason of why I hesitate on the X-T100 is because of the slow auto focus.

I spoke to one of the Fuji person at the IT show, and he also admit that yes, the X-T 100 auto focus is quite slow, but he hopes that there will be a firmware patch out in April to fix that. If you shoot in everything auto, the auto focus is really sluggish, even the Fuji guy also mentioned that.

However, set the AF to single point AF, it will be more snappy. He suspects it is firmware issue as he pointed out when you set everything to Auto, the shutter speed somehow drops to a very low speed, which in turn leads to very sluggish auto focus.

AhNehDuaKi

Reaction score
APS-C > MFT. :s13:=:p:o

Just kidding. No feels for Olympus and Panasonic. =:p

depend ba.. but i not sure APS-C mirrorless is bigger and heavier compare to MFT or not..
my friend who bought dslr last time keep complain neck pain then he jealous my camera weight:s13::s13:

chiaRH

Reaction score
depend ba.. but i not sure APS-C mirrorless is bigger and heavier compare to MFT or not..
my friend who bought dslr last time keep complain neck pain then he jealous my camera weight:s13::s13:

MFT and APSC are quite close in size so their lenses wont differ much in size. MFT is not as compact as you may think. The good lenses that are worth getting are still quite big, at least over 6-12cm long.

your friend who bought a APSC DSLR, his neck pain is caused by the bulk of the DSLR body, not the size of the sensor. DSLR bodies are big cos of the mirror and pentaprism. And even mirrorless bodies, once you start putting in stuff like IBIS or more battery capacity, they wont exactly be super compact either.

Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why didn't you see other brand like Olympus the IT show olympus lens got a huge discount:s13: i just bought my 12-40mm lens at 900:(

oly 12-40 f2.8 pro??

It's a great piece of glass. Use to be on ep5 with that combo before switching to em1.

But becos my bro was working in oly back then so can get better prices during their internal sales.

fergsu

Reaction score
First step of owning a camera is learning how to properly wrap the strap around your hand when you hold it

Neh, the shock proof ballistic box wasn't just that. Don't think it can survive a 3G crash anyway. Good reason/excyse to buy a new camera. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.