Those who got terrapins please come in..

eeekology

Reaction score
Get a normal glass tank and divide into two areas, wet and dry.
A 3ft tank should do the job, cost less den $100.

vannistelrooy84

Reaction score
i gt 3 terrapins abt 1 yr old(slightly smaller than palm size) tat i adopted from a friend. due to relocating to overseas soon, I will nd to find another owner to adopt them.. any interested party or you knw any friends tat would love to have them, kindly pm or txt me at 94556670.. thks in advance..

Kangfule

Reaction score
My RES looks breathless these days..

My red eared slider doesn't seem too well these days. It looks like it's breathless..

Is this a Respiratory infection?
Any advice? :(

Swiftyz

Reaction score
My red eared slider doesn't seem too well these days. It looks like it's breathless..

Is this a Respiratory infection?
Any advice? :(

Sometimes they yawn. But many years ago I had 2 baby terrapins, 1 had difficulty breathing and it died about a few days later. The other one is still alive and kicking.

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It looks almost like it's always yawning/burping.

Indigestion or maybe swallow something like sand...it could be trying to vomit out the foreign object.

Mine force vomited out a big chunk of the rubber padding that it chewed from the basking mat... hahaha

If listless, maybe take out from water and put it in a dry pail and let it have some sunlight....

2wiremodem

Reaction score
It looks almost like it's always yawning/burping.

Hi there,

From what i read online it is related to respiratory infection. When i first rescued my terrapins from reservoir one year ago, one of the little ones had this symptoms.

I didnt know what to do and hope that he will recover in a few days time, but after a couple of days it started to float in a weird way and passed away few days later.

The other two still alive and kicking, thank god.

2wiremodem

Reaction score
I bought this tank from a local aquarium shop one year ago.

mlykw.jpg

It’s not very big but sufficient for small terrapins. At the back, has got a pump to send water through 2 sponges, a whole rack of rocks/stones and a bag of charcoal. I always fill up enough water for them to swim around. Hahaha

Total I think spent around $70-80.

onegoal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iMhrAMVl.jpg

This is my terripin's home. Recently I upgraded it with extra brick around the tank. He can also climb in and out whenever he wants to.

onegoal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No, if your HDB has space, u can do it too. My plants are real and need some sunlight.

Reaction score
zfaiTEV.jpg

Bought 3 of them from Pets Lovers after coaxing by son.
Then was merely 3 to 5 cm last year Dec.

Last edited:

onegoal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rHZT7xKl.jpg

This is my Terripin taken today. His 13years now. This guy will climb in and out via the steps and crawl around my house and goes back when he feels like it.

TS, if light permits, grow plants, allow algae to grow. It will make their environment better and more healthy.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.