Malaysia prepaid card

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
I normally travel via 2nd Link these days, drop by Gelang Patah for a meal before GrabCar to wherever else. Spend a little more $ but at least I don't have to spend hours in the immigration halls. :)

Anyway, for a dealer in that area, I don't think it's RRP. Chances are too good to earn extras from the crowd there to help with rental cost. :D

Yup, you're so right - off the voicemail at the earliest opportunity! :s13:

The standing game is strong at both immigration halls. Ever stood 1hr in SG side & 1hr in JB side before :s13:

Yea precisely, CIQ should be the best place to milk profits. Perhaps that's why people don't check them out and head into the mall instead. That's where the chopper is much sharper :s13:

Memorypriest

Reaction score
Hi guys, do you all know any other way to check the expiry date of my hotlink sim card in sg?

Fyi, I haven't logged into the hotlink red app yet because they sent 6 digit OTP which I couldn't received.

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows the process of prepaid number porting in malaysia and timeline?
Thinking of extending my XOX line, short of paying rm25/yr

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, do you all know any other way to check the expiry date of my hotlink sim card in sg?

Fyi, I haven't logged into the hotlink red app yet because they sent 6 digit OTP which I couldn't received.

The shorter way is *122#, the USSD code, which is free to use in SG.

If you also want to check the plan type:

*100# CALL
00 Main Menu
(You'll see "Singapore" on top now...)
01 Next Page
8 *100#
(You'll see Main Balance on top...)
01 Next Page
6 My Account & Others
1 My Account Information
1 Plan Enquiry or Others *122#
(You'll see Plan type, Main Balance, Status of card, and Active Until date.)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows the process of prepaid number porting in malaysia and timeline?
Thinking of extending my XOX line, short of paying rm25/yr

Check that your particulars used to register the original line is accurate, as it's to match whatever they enter in the MNP request form.
Then visit the new (port-in) telco center to do the request. They'll give you a new SIM card which you're supposed to put into your device when the old line is terminated.
Wait for the port-out confirmation SMS from the original telco, then reply YES.
Wait for the original line to be terminated, before inserting the new SIM card.

Prepaid number porting (or Mobile Number Porting), I was told about 24 hours, though might just take a few hours if there's no error like personal particulars not matching (what you've used to register the original line, and the ones you fill up in the MNP form with.)

Not quite sure what you mean with your OneXOX card, but if you're thinking of porting out then port back in to get the 28-month validity, I understand that if that really happens, it's only because there's a bug in their system...

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya lo that's why I kept my Digi SIM till now. Digi Best prepaid suitable for our needs ;)

So yesterday i went to check out Digi store, the person tell me the only way to maintain this Digi Live card is to top up monthly otherwise it would expire after 1 month.

So basically RM30 monthly to maintain this card. Am i correct?

Because in SG for Singtel's prepaid, top up 1 time can extend the card's expiry date for 6 months. Seems like Digi don't have that service. Must top up monthly RM30 to extend 1 month.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So yesterday i went to check out Digi store, the person tell me the only way to maintain this Digi Live card is to top up monthly otherwise it would expire after 1 month.

Because in SG for Singtel's prepaid, top up 1 time can extend the card's expiry date for 6 months. Seems like Digi don't have that service. Must top up monthly RM30 to extend 1 month.

The question here is will you use the line for the whole month?

For me I will only top up when heading north; FYI, every RM1 will give you 1 day validity, RM5 will give you 5 days and etc; top up according to the number of days that you are going to stay there.

Once the line change from ACTIVE to PASSIVE status, you will have 90 days to reactive it by top up your line; please refer to the following for better understanding.

SIM Card Lifecycle

An ‘Active’ status means that the Subscriber is allowed to make outgoing and incoming calls or SMS or any type of services including Internet access.

If there is no ‘reload’ activity performed after the ‘Active’ state, notwithstanding any available credit balances still available in the SIM card, then a Subscriber will not be able to use or take advantage of any other available Digi services available for its prepaid Subscribers, but will only be able to receive incoming calls and SMS only.

If during the Active state but before the end of the Active state validity period, the Subscriber has utilised all the available credit balance, then the Subscriber will not be able to use any further Digi services, but should still be able to receive incoming calls and SMS as similarly stated above.

The number of days given to the Subscriber to receive incoming calls and SMS is 90 (ninety) days upon expiry of Active state validity period, but no outgoing transactions are allowed unless a 'reload' is performed.

Upon reaching 90 (ninety) days validity period, if there is still no reload activities performed, the status of SIM card will be changed to 'Suspended (R2)' whereby a Subscriber will not be allowed to receive incoming or outgoing calls or SMS except for automated SMS from Digi.

Upon the following day of the ‘Suspended’ stage, the status of the SIM card will be changed thereafter to a 'Terminated' state and the Subscriber will not be able to obtain the same mobile number (MSISDN) or any remaining credit balance or any applicable freebies remaining in the SIM card.

:)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For Digi (and most of other MY prepaid cards), RM1 reload gives you 1 day's validity, RM5 gives 5 days, RM30 gives 30 days, etc. But Digi has the (payable) validity extension option known as Super Long Life (SLL), which unfortunately, there's only the RM1 1-day SLL option for Digi Live. For a user who mostly go over for day-trips, can use this SLL option to reactivate the line just for 1 day, then it'll go back to its 90-day grace/inactive period.

I mentioned about the (presently) available option for Digi Live users to change to 2 other plans ourselves. One of the plans is Digi Best, which also supports the other 2 SLL which are 30-day and 365-day. But, the 365-day option for the last couple of years' versions (2016/2017) costs RM108. You can choose to learn the method shared here before, if you want to maintain the card on a long term basis without having to pay RM108, or just pay and forget it. :)

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score

Change plan to Digi Best.

https://community.digi.com.my/t5/Prepaid/Changing-Digi-Prepaid-Live-To-Digi-Prepaid-BEST/td-p/16261

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
I normally travel via 2nd Link these days, drop by Gelang Patah for a meal before GrabCar to wherever else. Spend a little more $ but at least I don't have to spend hours in the immigration halls. :)

Anyway, for a dealer in that area, I don't think it's RRP. Chances are too good to earn extras from the crowd there to help with rental cost. :D

Yup, you're so right - off the voicemail at the earliest opportunity! :s13:

I prefer to deal with the actual telco shop at the shopping centres. Same as in SG, I tend to avoid authorised dealers whenever possible.

At the actual telco shop, I know the price will be the same as what I see online and there's no 'Singaporean premium surcharge'. I also don't feel comfortable giving my passport to register the prepaid card at these Ah Beng shops, even in SG.

Everyone has their own theories and preferences.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Orh okay i understand liao.

Basically we can top up the mentioned amount into the card. When my card expires 1 month later, it is not really expired. Still have 75 or 90 days for me to top up and extend the expiry period.

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
Orh okay i understand liao.

Basically we can top up the mentioned amount into the card. When my card expires 1 month later, it is not really expired. Still have 75 or 90 days for me to top up and extend the expiry period.

Yup. I think the balance is still there just that the account is frozen. Once topped up, you can use your balance again to purchase data plans ;)

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not quite sure what you mean with your OneXOX card, but if you're thinking of porting out then port back in to get the 28-month validity, I understand that if that really happens, it's only because there's a bug in their system...
Ya, I want to port out and back in to get another 28 months. Not sure if there is a hold period before I can port back to XOX.

Or, if the wait period is too long, I rather just pay XOX to extend 25rm/yr

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. I think the balance is still there just that the account is frozen. Once topped up, you can use your balance again to purchase data plans ;)

Okay i understand liao. Thank you thank you.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, I want to port out and back in to get another 28 months. Not sure if there is a hold period before I can port back to XOX.

Or, if the wait period is too long, I rather just pay XOX to extend 25rm/yr

I've no idea about the hold period, but from what I understand, OneXOX will not give port-back lines the 28-month validity offer. For those who managed to get, it's due to a system bug, it seems.

You might want to check with OneXOX for the details.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I prefer to deal with the actual telco shop at the shopping centres. Same as in SG, I tend to avoid authorised dealers whenever possible.

At the actual telco shop, I know the price will be the same as what I see online and there's no 'Singaporean premium surcharge'. I also don't feel comfortable giving my passport to register the prepaid card at these Ah Beng shops, even in SG.

Everyone has their own theories and preferences.

Yes, if there's a choice, I'd head for the likes of Maxis Center, Celcom Center, Digi Store as well. But I've also taken chances by buying from dealers like those in the Yong Peng R&R, and most recently, a dealer in Paradigm. *fingers crossed* so far so good, though I do make it a point to go online to check that my accounts are "clean". ;)

For OneXOX, there are only dealers everywhere, as I think there's only their office somewhere in KL. Got mine a few years back, from a dealer here in SG and so far no problem as well. Even contacted him recently to check on something, and he's still helpful as ever. :)

ezhikaie47

Reaction score
Anyone here still used Celcom Xpax?

I realised for the last few months, I can not longer tether xpax data to my laptop when I am in Malaysia. It seem Celcom has disabled this function.

Look like I have to port my xpax to another telco

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.