Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is still worth it to buy a secondhand HM aeron? Debating whether to buy a firsthand or secondhand

I got a used one abt 1mth back at 550, to replace my dxracer chair, which was peeling like mad.

The HN aeron is more than 10yr old but still gd. Then I got the Atlas headrest from ebay at abt 220.

Shld have gotten that instead of a gaming chair.

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
Is still worth it to buy a secondhand HM aeron? Debating whether to buy a firsthand or secondhand

If you're talking purely from a utility point of view, secondhand is more "value" for money.

But if you count in other factors like hygiene, wanting the feeling of brand new and first ownership etc, then maybe consider firsthand.

otherwise if you're purely looking for value for money, secondhand. Like many others have said, they're built to last for a long long time.

Orionhan

Reaction score
remember to check out carousell, there seems to be alot of quality 2nd hand HM in the market.

As i know, Temesek intending to purchase new Aeron in bulk. Expect lots of staff to be reselling these new remastered Aeron.

Tip is to get fully loaded ones with adjustable arm rest. else, you aren't paying the chair full worth.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The gas cylinder and casters have a lifespan.
Those used in places where people get up and down and move a lot, sure won't last as long. :o

jarred1223

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to change the hydraulic for the chair raise and lower movement? My steelcase leap hydraulic spoil, can't raise the chair up.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What does fully loaded means? Alright, will consider second hand
Most important the arm rest can adjust left right up and down. The seat below left side got 2 levers. One for front tilt, one for tilt angle lock. Right side got 1 lever for chair hydraulic up and down. Got a knob for tilt tension adjustment. Aeron lumberbsupport got 2 type.. One a pc of lumber support u adjust up or down and turn the other way to adjust thick or thin. Another is posturefit.. The one behind look like an X. This version got another knob left side to adjust how deep the posturefit to yr lower back.

Above are for aeron manufacture before 2017..posturefit one are abt 100 to 200 more ex then lumber support one in used market.

When u get used check all the function above and check the mesh for tears. Check arm rest holstery( 3 types, real leather, and tpu leather and fabric) got tears? Also front seat pan there got a moon shaped cushion. Some cracked or some missing cause drop off.

Last edited:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to change the hydraulic for the chair raise and lower movement? My steelcase leap hydraulic spoil, can't raise the chair up.

Email Steelcase see how much.. Else get another used one to savage think abt 250 to 400.

Severon

Reaction score
Thank you guys for your help. Got a second hand full loaded chair at 400 dollars. Really worth it for that price, hope it lasts long.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys for your help. Got a second hand full loaded chair at 400 dollars. Really worth it for that price, hope it lasts long.
Wow thats very gd price. Where u got it?

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be honest, the new remastered Aeron is much more comfortable than the discontinued classic Aeron. The old classic Aeron feels very "stiff".

But both still lose to the Embody chair which i sit the most. :o

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be honest, the new remastered Aeron is much more comfortable than the discontinued classic Aeron. The old classic Aeron feels very "stiff".

Dun know leh I feel embody feels stiffer and no support on shoulder side. Need to try the new aeron. But now not used remastered for sale.

badbad2000

Reaction score
When you move your body , the plastic support will have squeezing sound, does it annoying?

adrakchai

Reaction score
I got a used one abt 1mth back at 550, to replace my dxracer chair, which was peeling like mad.

The HN aeron is more than 10yr old but still gd. Then I got the Atlas headrest from ebay at abt 220.

Shld have gotten that instead of a gaming chair.

Can I have the link where you got the Atlas headrest on ebay?

PholkLorr

Reaction score
Went down to a warehouse intending to buy Aeron 2016 fully function for $800. But bought a Mira 1 full function chair instead because it felt more or less similarly comfortable and i got it for $320 instead.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.