Ask me any questions - Part 2

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Compare the price for this combo,

Land/Depart HND + 2 way shinkansen(Or get JRP)

Land HND, Depart KIX + 1 way shinkansen ticket

Savings is one thing, time taken to travel from Tokyo to Osaka via Hikari(Fastest available using JRP)...

When i was checking prices recently on SQ for both option 1 and 2, isnt much price diff for air tickets. Even if the savings is like $100, i would still take option 2..

How many days you going?? If a one week trip then i would suggest visiting Osaka/Kyoto or just Tokyo itself..

Last edited:

jojo7978

Reaction score
Compare the price for this combo,

Land/Depart HND + 2 way shinkansen(Or get JRP)

Land HND, Depart KIX + 1 way shinkansen ticket

Savings is one thing, time taken to travel from Tokyo to Osaka via Hikari(Fastest available using JRP)...

When i was checking prices recently on SQ for both option 1 and 2, isnt much price diff for air tickets. Even if the savings is like $100, i would still take option 2..

How many days you going?? If a one week trip then i would suggest visiting Osaka/Kyoto or just Tokyo itself..

Thanks so much for your suggestion, we will likely take Option 2 then :)

We are looking at spending around 11-12 days in Japan? Am hoping to cover Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Mt Fuji for the itinerary ... will it be doable in this instance? Am also not too sure if travelling to Japan during the Rugby World Cup season is advisable as well, as it may be more crowded during then

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your suggestion, we will likely take Option 2 then :)

We are looking at spending around 11-12 days in Japan? Am hoping to cover Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Mt Fuji for the itinerary ... will it be doable in this instance? Am also not too sure if travelling to Japan during the Rugby World Cup season is advisable as well, as it may be more crowded during then

Do-able but of cos wont cover fully..I did similar itinerary during my first trip..

Nt familiar with travel during RWC but would be in Japan mid Oct heading to Nagano+Tokyo.

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone using the Osaka amazing pass and able to confirm that it’s able to use on bus service from OCAT to KIX and not from KIX to OCAT?

arfness

Reaction score
Hi, i'm gonna jump in to ask some questions :D

So going for 9 days end may, can anyone comment on following:

Day 1: Arrive hotel - Sunroute hotel Tokyo (due to location and close to train, will be landing at narita). Is this hotel decent? Looking at Shinjuku area as thats what most of the interwebs recommends.
Day 2 : Explore tokyo
Day 3: DisneySea
Day 4: Day Trip mt fuji
Day 5: Travel to Osaka - Explore Osaka, no hotel selected yet, recommendations? Looking around S$200-S$250 pn
Day 6: Day trip Kyoto
Day 7: Day trip 2 Kyoto or USJ? Not sure to do 2 trips to Kyoto.
Day 8: Not sure? Day trip somewhere else or just explore Osaka.
Day 9: Osaka day, fly home at 5.

VD

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you spread so thin for a 9 days trip, why not consider just Tokyo or Kansai?
You can consider staying in Osaka, from there, you can travel to Kyoto and Nara, reducing the need to change hotel. Kyoto is only 30mins away from Osaka via train.

arfness

Reaction score
you spread so thin for a 9 days trip, why not consider just Tokyo or Kansai?
You can consider staying in Osaka, from there, you can travel to Kyoto and Nara, reducing the need to change hotel. Kyoto is only 30mins away from Osaka via train.

Well our flight back to SG is from Osaka, so staying first 4 nights Tokyo, 4 Nights Osaka.

Ya day 6 or/and 7 - Day trip to Kyoto from Osaka.
Not too interested in Nara really, just a big park with bowing deers? :p

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well our flight back to SG is from Osaka, so staying first 4 nights Tokyo, 4 Nights Osaka.

Ya day 6 or/and 7 - Day trip to Kyoto from Osaka.
Not too interested in Nara really, just a big park with bowing deers? :p

If u more into shopping then cater more days at Tokyo.. If nature and shrine.. Then more in Osaka an Kyoto.

arfness

Reaction score
No i dont holiday for shopping :p I like experiences and see'ing thing.

But thanks for recommendation!

Any hotels that are good on both tokyo / Osaka i should look at?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No i dont holiday for shopping :p I like experiences and see'ing thing.

But thanks for recommendation!

Any hotels that are good on both tokyo / Osaka i should look at?

For sight seeing more u stay Osaka and travel to Kyoto which is 30mins away is better..

fongwk8

Reaction score
Hi, i'm gonna jump in to ask some questions :D

So going for 9 days end may, can anyone comment on following:

Day 1: Arrive hotel - Sunroute hotel Tokyo (due to location and close to train, will be landing at narita). Is this hotel decent? Looking at Shinjuku area as thats what most of the interwebs recommends.
Day 2 : Explore tokyo
Day 3: DisneySea
Day 4: Day Trip mt fuji
Day 5: Travel to Osaka - Explore Osaka, no hotel selected yet, recommendations? Looking around S$200-S$250 pn
Day 6: Day trip Kyoto
Day 7: Day trip 2 Kyoto or USJ? Not sure to do 2 trips to Kyoto.
Day 8: Not sure? Day trip somewhere else or just explore Osaka.
Day 9: Osaka day, fly home at 5.

Day 5: Whats your mode of transport from Tokyo to Osaka? If you're taking the Shinkansen, I would suggest you stay at Mt Fuji for 1 night on Day 4, after which you can take a bus from Mt Fuji to Mishima Station for the Shinkansen.

Day 7/8: Can do a day trip to Nara from Osaka.

Have you calculated your train fares, to see if its worth to get the JR Pass? If you're getting the JR Pass, then on Day 8, you might want to make a trip to Miyajima, Hiroshima. Its a 1.5 h train to Hiroshima Station (by Shinkansen from Shin-Osaka), then 30 min local train + 10 min JR ferry across to the island. All are covered by the JR Pass

I made 2 day trips to Hiroshima (to Miyajima for 1 day, then to Hiroshima for the other day to see the atomic bomb dome + outlet shopping)

pinpinpin

Suspended
Reaction score
27 Mar land Osaka.

28 Mar - Day trip Kyoto
29 Mar - Day trip Kyoto
30 Mar - Osaka Amazing Pass (Staying in Osaka)
31 Mar - Osaka Amazing Pass (Staying in Osaka)
1 Apr - Osaka to Nagoya (morning travel)
2 Apr - Nagoya
3 Apr - fly back SG

Do you think I should spend more time in nagoya instead of Kyoto or osaka?

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
27 Mar land Osaka.

28 Mar - Day trip Kyoto
29 Mar - Day trip Kyoto
30 Mar - Osaka Amazing Pass (Staying in Osaka)
31 Mar - Osaka Amazing Pass (Staying in Osaka)
1 Apr - Osaka to Nagoya (morning travel)
2 Apr - Nagoya
3 Apr - fly back SG

Do you think I should spend more time in nagoya instead of Kyoto or osaka?

What you plan to do in Nagoya ?

fongwk8

Reaction score
I just came back a month ago, here are the things I've done in the Osaka region:

1) Nara day trip: Isuein Garden, Nara Deer Park, Todaiji, Kasuga shrine
2) Osaka castle, Dotonburi (at night)
3) Kyoto trip: Arashimaya bamboo garden, Tenryuji, Monkey Park, Golden Pavilion, Silver Pavilion, Kiyomizudera, Fushimi Inari Taisha, Nishiki Market and the Gion area.
4) Universal Studios Osaka

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Day 5: Whats your mode of transport from Tokyo to Osaka? If you're taking the Shinkansen, I would suggest you stay at Mt Fuji for 1 night on Day 4, after which you can take a bus from Mt Fuji to Mishima Station for the Shinkansen.

Day 7/8: Can do a day trip to Nara from Osaka.

Have you calculated your train fares, to see if its worth to get the JR Pass? If you're getting the JR Pass, then on Day 8, you might want to make a trip to Miyajima, Hiroshima. Its a 1.5 h train to Hiroshima Station (by Shinkansen from Shin-Osaka), then 30 min local train + 10 min JR ferry across to the island. All are covered by the JR Pass

I made 2 day trips to Hiroshima (to Miyajima for 1 day, then to Hiroshima for the other day to see the atomic bomb dome + outlet shopping)
Unlikely JRP will be worth it, since only one long trip from Tokyo to osaka. Unless add in Hiroshima.
However, I wouldn't recommend Hiroshima coz the itinerary is already very packed. In fact, I would suggest dropping Mt fuji and/or disney to have more days in Tokyo if it is the first time there.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.