NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm hoping for the best as always. Have you gotten any news from them,as in interview date etc?
I have just finished my interview today 😅. It wasn't as nerve wrecking as I thot it to be.

Here is my timeline:
Applied on 12 Feb
Notified for interview on 21 Feb
Interviewed on 13 Mar

I spoke to the admin guy and he said there are abt 7 interviewees per day and today is the 8th day (started last Monday). So u can tell how many PGDE applicants there wld be...

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
To those who went for interview, what did y'all wear? Like formal poly presentation outfit?
For my interview today, the ladies wore long dark pants with a semi formal top (like blouse or shirt), the guys wore long sleeves business shirt with business pants, no ties. Basically normal office wear, better no short skirts or jeans.

Passionate Teacher

Reaction score
For my interview today, the ladies wore long dark pants with a semi formal top (like blouse or shirt), the guys wore long sleeves business shirt with business pants, no ties. Basically normal office wear, better no short skirts or jeans.

Is the interview just you or were there other interviewees with u as well?

octorabbit

Reaction score
I have just finished my interview today 😅. It wasn't as nerve wrecking as I thot it to be.

Here is my timeline:
Applied on 12 Feb
Notified for interview on 21 Feb
Interviewed on 13 Mar

I spoke to the admin guy and he said there are abt 7 interviewees per day and today is the 8th day (started last Monday). So u can tell how many PGDE applicants there wld be...

Tbh, nerves are normal. I went in having this mindset that I have nothing to lose, and getting the interview is a bonus already. Just maintain eye contact and be sincere and you'd be fine.

During my interview day, there were three other applicants who were mid-career switchers. And there are also fresh grads applicants. So I'm pretty sure they have a lot of people applying. What you have to make sure is that on your interview day, YOU'VE GOT TO BRING IT. There's no time for nerves because you want it as bad as the next applicant.

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Tbh, nerves are normal. I went in having this mindset that I have nothing to lose, and getting the interview is a bonus already. Just maintain eye contact and be sincere and you'd be fine.

During my interview day, there were three other applicants who were mid-career switchers. And there are also fresh grads applicants. So I'm pretty sure they have a lot of people applying. What you have to make sure is that on your interview day, YOU'VE GOT TO BRING IT. There's no time for nerves because you want it as bad as the next applicant.
Couldn't agree more👍. I told myself that I am there to let them know more about me and reminded myself to exude confidence, be myself and share my thoughts w them.

I think the other 4 applicants yesterday were like me, all mid career, judging frm their maturity n attire. One guy had submitted his essay in Chinese. Mine is Pri Eng&Maths.

So, for now, everyone waits for the verdict..*sigh* patience.. One of the interviewers said its about one month's wait, but judging from this forum, it could very well be much longer😅😬

aqh1509

Reaction score
Fresh A Level grad here. Applied for Dip Ed (MT) twice - end of Jan & beginning of March this year. Received an email today to go for interview on 2 Apr :) Any tips for interview?

ummumar

Reaction score
Congrats buddy! Mine is on 1 Apr for MT as well!! I'm super anxious of what to wear. Am thinking if my poly presentation outfit would be good enough or if I should buy some casual office wear.

Btw, I'm curious why u applied twice? I applied once only in Jan.

Which MT subject is that? I applied for Tamil.

poodleparade

Reaction score
My interview is a week from now but I still haven't received the email containing the additional details from them. Orz

Tho it seems that some people on the forum received theirs 3 days before the interview so I just need to be patient I guess but the wait is killing me.

aqh1509

Reaction score
The first time I applied, the application period ended before A’s results release. So I just did it as a back up in case my grades can’t make it to uni. If I’m not wrong, this application is open to all. After results day, I received an email about another round of application specifically for A’s ppl so I just apply again to have a higher chance of securing a spot/interview

Anyway poly presentation outfit is good la hahah don’t need to buy more. In the meantime, how r u planning to prep for the interview?

Congrats buddy! Mine is on 1 Apr for MT as well!! I'm super anxious of what to wear. Am thinking if my poly presentation outfit would be good enough or if I should buy some casual office wear.

Btw, I'm curious why u applied twice? I applied once only in Jan.

octorabbit

Reaction score
Hi congrats on being shortlisted! I've actually applied twice to be a teacher. The first time was during NS and after A levels for NTU/NIE. And the second time, which is recently, for PGDE so yours might be a little bit different.

For the NTU/NIE interview I did almost 8 years ago, there were 5 interviewers including HR. They mainly asked why I chose the course and why the subject. Interview was more chill coz maybe I was younger and I think I was more unfiltered so I remembered I made them laugh quite a bit. Can't remember what I said.

I was eventually accepted for the programme, which I accepted in that year of application. However, I decided to reapply for other courses the next year so I chose to go to another school for undergrad.

The PGDE interview is more structured and I was more careful in what I said just to be on the safe side. 100% chance is that they'll first ask yiub why you wanna be a teacher so prep for this question best, and the reason why you chose the teaching subject next. Other questions are just them asking u more on the answers u gave them.

Fresh A Level grad here. Applied for Dip Ed (MT) twice - end of Jan & beginning of March this year. Received an email today to go for interview on 2 Apr :) Any tips for interview?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.