ACA(ICAEW) Vs SCAQ(ISCA)

Joe.Tan

Reaction score
Hi, I have a question for the gurus in this forum. I am working in a big four audit firm now. I graduate from one of the local university. As far as i understand, both accreditation leads to CA Singapore.

ACA looks less taunting, i am being forced to enroll in one of them. SCAQ is the preferred qualification by my firm. However, i think ACA is more recognized internationally due to the number of ICAEW members holding important position in the business world.

Being a young CA Qualification (SCAQ). I think none of the graduates from SCAQ is holding a top management position internationally. We would need to wait for the graduates to move up the corporate ladder, which will take like donkey years to reach the height of ACCA or ACA popularity in a worldwide context.

Personally, I would prefer to enroll with ACA, but i am open to opinion. I hope to be a CFO someday for a MNC, can someone advise me please?

Last edited:

KeroMax

Reaction score
They're pretty much equivalent now.

ACA can get you ISCA Membership (CA Singapore) while SCAQ can get you ICAEW membership (ICAEW Chartered Accountant).

glorious94

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone selling 2nd hand icaew audit & assurance (professional paper) 2019 book?

Sent from moi brain using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.