suddenly agoda tell me the hostel cant fulfil my booking but no reason given

they tell me got similar place but its way more expensive... how? :(:( :mad:

Beefsteak

Master Member
Reaction score
So basically i booked long time ago like 6 mths ago on agoda for hostel

You booked 6 months ago and they only cancelled recently?
That's weird.

Btw you mind revealing the name of the hostel and your booking period?

Last edited:

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Why don't you try to book on hostelworld.com or something for the same time period. It may be the case that the hostel received a mass booking for a whole room so they bumped you off, without telling Agoda the true reason.

KirinFrost

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why don't you try to book on hostelworld.com or something for the same time period. It may be the case that the hostel received a mass booking for a whole room so they bumped you off, without telling Agoda the true reason.

disgusting behaviour if really the case :mad:

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So basically i booked long time ago like 6 mths ago on agoda for hostel

i experienced before agoda cancelled my bookings, since the hotel unable to fulfill the bookings, due to renovations, etc ...

They are very nice, they gave us another hotel which is more expensive compared to the ones we have booked. However, we wrote in to ask for another hotel, in the end they gave to us ...

Alternatively, they allowed us to cancel the booking, and they would refund us . Plus they would refund us 10% of the total bookings amount to our acc ...

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agoda will refund but very slow. Look for other hostel to book.

From my experience, they would refund u within that month ...
So far, for all my cancelled bookings, they refund to my cc within one week or so ...

KirinFrost

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they havent paid me the extra fees for booking new accomodation which was suggested by them :vijayadmin:

pacetone

Reaction score
they havent paid me the extra fees for booking new accomodation which was suggested by them :vijayadmin:

Write in to Agoda and ask them to pay for the new accommodation. You must write in to have everything in record. So far so good for their customer service, quite prompt.

KirinFrost

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Write in to Agoda and ask them to pay for the new accommodation. You must write in to have everything in record. So far so good for their customer service, quite prompt.

ok thanks will they pay me the difference after i stay or asap?

agoda email seems to suggest its after i stay but confusing as hell

pacetone

Reaction score

I can't answer you, best you bring it up with Agoda as soon as possible to solve it.

I had a problem with a booking via Agoda once. I wrote in to Agoda and immediately, they took up my suggestion and rectified the issue smoothly.

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Probably they will tell u to claw back the excess after your stay. This is what happened to me. My booking got cancelled and I had to rebook a new place at a higher price. So I kpkb :s22:

I haven’t complete the stay but I had their email stating to email them after I complete my stay to get the “refund”

KirinFrost

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably they will tell u to claw back the excess after your stay. This is what happened to me. My booking got cancelled and I had to rebook a new place at a higher price. So I kpkb :s22:

I haven’t complete the stay but I had their email stating to email them after I complete my stay to get the “refund”

thanks

im suspecting they gonna scam liao :(

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i had mine cancelled too years ago... full fire power... they say choose any hotel... at first no limit to what i choose... of cos i chose the most ex one.. in the end reason many many.... but i still got a hotel 3x the price i paid the orginal one... hhheheehehe

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.