Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
back then I wanted Nappa for the steering wheel but somehow gosford advice against it. Nappa meant more for seats whereby you can really feel the comfy.

In sg.
SGD$160+ for nappa steering wheel wrap sounds impossible. Normal lousy quality leather + lousy workmanship already SGD$200++

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

spyderpiggy

Reaction score
Thinking about doing an all around check for Chevrolet Spark, wondering whether to renew COE or not. CarClick best WS?
Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking about doing an all around check for Chevrolet Spark, wondering whether to renew COE or not. CarClick best WS?
Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Check your spare parts, this Korean car is the equivalent of cherry kill killed.

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
usually for in car cam, they will tap to fuse box or use those 3 port cig port connection to fuse box and they will ask you to plug your car cam to the 3 port cig port?

i last time ask sheng auto and he want to do this for me but end up he say not worth for me because if he sell me the 3 port cig port connection and long usb cable + labour will be quite expensive. that time i also tired and not really think and insist why don't connect straight to fuse box

berney

Reaction score
Normal leather around RM200+ at Gosford (S$200+~S$309+ in SG) and you got quoted S$160 for Nappa?
Pls sic the shop address. TIA.

U can search for wheelskinz. I'm in a car group chat,someone did his for $169 over there.

IloveEmma

Reaction score
Hi bros,

Hope to get some expert advice. First time owning car, Avante 1.6 renew for 5 years.

The suspension is gone, very bumpy. Which part should I change for this issue? How much estimate and where to go in JB?

Also need to get a car camera. Should I get front or back or just front enough? Again where to get in JB?

LKS0896

Reaction score
If they are not busy and you drive in for a check, dont think he will charge u diagnostic cost unlike sg where they charge you for every damn thing.

Then again, its subjective as well.

thanks, went yesterday afternoon to get a check, no charge. Friendly and gave professional advises, no hard-sell.

Will be heading to Markcool for air-con, not cold in the afternoon, must blast max, hopefully no serious issue.

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi bros,

Hope to get some expert advice. First time owning car, Avante 1.6 renew for 5 years.

The suspension is gone, very bumpy. Which part should I change for this issue? How much estimate and where to go in JB?

Also need to get a car camera. Should I get front or back or just front enough? Again where to get in JB?

Depends if you want the big brand car cam like Blackvue, iRoad or the cheaper not much reputation type.
If you're buying the big brand ones, usually they will sell you the camera + installation all in one price.
If you're not fussy about brand, then can just buy online and pay labour. Use voucher, group buy etc can save quite a bit. Like what I've shared above, ask the wrong shop to do labour only, the people black face you cos you not buying the camera from them.

Front + back is better if you're getting a new setup, since the labour cost is only a bit more. It's not cost effective if you decide to have a rear cam a few months later and pay the labour again. The camera cost of course will be higher since there are two cams.
Usually people with only front cam (like me now) is the 2015 and before AD cam era. Nowadays new car from AD they will give front + back.

usually for in car cam, they will tap to fuse box or use those 3 port cig port connection to fuse box and they will ask you to plug your car cam to the 3 port cig port?

i last time ask sheng auto and he want to do this for me but end up he say not worth for me because if he sell me the 3 port cig port connection and long usb cable + labour will be quite expensive. that time i also tired and not really think and insist why don't connect straight to fuse box

I prefer fuse box. Neater. My AD cam is to fuse box, I don't see why outside workshop can't do it. If use cig port, I might as well watch Youtube and DIY since it's just hiding the cables in the side panels and tidying up the excess near the passenger/driver footwell.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Car camera do it in sg.
Soon lee at Geylang

Leave No Men Behind

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For front, plug and play type can just get Xiaoyi.
Less than sgd100, with ultra good clarity.
But will see not hidden cables.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bros,

id buy the suspension from stockist and go jb ask ah yuan to install. people usually change in a pair, both front or both rear. if u can, grab a torch and check all 4 first. if needed, just change all since the ride > 10 yo. suspension is critical for a comfy and safe ride.

for cams, if u can afford, get both front n rear. else a front one should suffice. dash cams are getting cheaper by the day. these days, for less than 100 u can get a relatively good one with capacitor. taobao ali ebay is your best friend.

IloveEmma

Reaction score
id buy the suspension from stockist and go jb ask ah yuan to install. people usually change in a pair, both front or both rear. if u can, grab a torch and check all 4 first. if needed, just change all since the ride > 10 yo. suspension is critical for a comfy and safe ride.

for cams, if u can afford, get both front n rear. else a front one should suffice. dash cams are getting cheaper by the day. these days, for less than 100 u can get a relatively good one with capacitor. taobao ali ebay is your best friend.

Thanks. What’s a stockist?

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I need to use 30 weighted as well. Thinking of trying this brand called Totachi. Someone selling $30 for 4l. Not sure if I should.

How much does your Idem cost? Per litre?

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those interested in the “Totachi Engine Oil” - Just search on carousell. Sure you can find it.

Even Lazada carries it.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.