any1 staying in condo but regret

jasonlim1988

Banned
Reaction score
any1 staying in condo but regret?

say,
resident's car get clamped, as they dont allow additional x car.
typical clamp fee in range $100-$300. while illegal parking in public area commonly in $30-$120.
every year look at AGM report, the cash in management fund already in x millions & increasing , but still every 1-2 year raise management fund.
any1 en-bloc before can clarify if the developer will return the management fund back to owner or the developer take it.
dustbins got removed when management did not increase cleaning schedule.

while with all these negativity, u still decide not to bad mouth your condo, as u clearly know, it will affect selling price now or future.

A Better Tomorrow

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Either buy a penthouse to get the biggest voting rights or ang ka with the other kakis to get things done that benefits you and your peers.
Tiagong certain condo management in the east is like little india.

dnsfpl

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think the biggest "issue" is everyone's main door (not gate) is closed
we cant recognise any of our neighbour, except at our level lift lobby lol

once we took the lift at ground floor, both press the same level
after that then we started chatting

come to think of it, thankfully he is not doing delivery lol

microtek

Master Member
Reaction score
Our condo will give us a few months where we don't need to pay management fees if there is too much in our sinking fund. I still like condo living vs HDB due to the added the security. The walls around the property keep out a lot of shady characters.

sickid

Reaction score
Our condo will give us a few months where we don't need to pay management fees if there is too much in our sinking fund. I still like condo living vs HDB due to the added the security. The walls around the property keep out a lot of shady characters.

Haha, i thought sg is pretty safe compare to our neighbour countries

jasonlim1988

Banned
Reaction score
Either buy a penthouse to get the biggest voting rights or ang ka with the other kakis to get things done that benefits you and your peers.
Tiagong certain condo management in the east is like little india.

It's a gamble on whether u have a advantage with the management team.
Even commercial property management also the same pattern.

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
I regret not buying more condo during 2003 to 2005.
I regret not buying south bank two bedder when it’s at 5xxk,
I regret not buying the sail two bedder when it’s at 8xxk.
I regret I lack the guts to leverage before the CMs was imposed

Sigh, so many regrets in life. Lol

Last edited:

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I regret not born too early and jump in the property boat early when prop prices was way way lower. Lan lan kena 25% downpayment.

I regret not buying more condo during 2003 to 2005.
I regret not buying south bank two bedder when it’s at 5xxk,
I regret not buying the sail two bedder when it’s at 8xxk.
I regret I lack the guts to leverage before the CMs was imposed

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
I regret not born too early and jump in the property boat early when prop prices was way way lower. Lan lan kena 25% downpayment.

The 75% LTV was uncalled for especially for first time buyer like u, I really felt for u.

edmwing

Reaction score
Here’s my take. If you can’t afford a landed continue with your HDB.

This is the most concise reply :D I used to stay condo and never felt bothered by all these stuffs. Park properly and won't get wheel clamped whaaaat. If buy within means then won't sleepless about those expected fees increase due to inflation..

Now stay HDB. Feels a lot less premium/satki - everything felt old, shared, badly maintained and even smell different d:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
This is the most concise reply :D I used to stay condo and never felt bothered by all these stuffs. Park properly and won't get wheel clamped whaaaat. If buy within means then won't sleepless about those expected fees increase due to inflation..

Now stay HDB. Feels a lot less premium/satki - everything felt old, shared, badly maintained and even smell different d:

Those never tried staying in landed/terrace before may think it’s very satki. I used to be one of them.
I stayed in one before, I switch back to condo recently due to pests issue like bats visiting my house, rats patronise my kitchen, flood during heavy rain, pipe leakage,need regular maintenance at roof terrace, or even weird insects residing under your sofa and build nest.

Not forgetting your Aging parents may not like the climbing stairs up and down.
Just sharing my personal experience.

Last edited:

Zze121

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy something that you really like.
If u think it's not ideal means it's not, no need to revisit.
Not beco ppl say good then chiu buy.
Some ppl only visit 1 pjt and straight away buy. Some never study carefully the floor plan, site plan, URA plan, as-build drawing b4 purchase.
The good one will not wait for you to slowly think, Jgateway is a fine example.

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha, i thought sg is pretty safe compare to our neighbour countries

Ha ha, may be because it's safe, I become complacent.

I stayed in a 3rm hdb flat without window grilles. My windows are open all the times, rain or shine, even when no one is in. I don't even lock my gate when going out. I close the door but not locked it whenever I just go downstairs for makan.

Now I am staying a 5rm flat and I never close my gate but left it wide open, only close and lock door when I sleep. But several times, I didn't even lock the door when sleeping. Anyone can just turn the knob and just open the door and get in :s13:

Even my bicycle outside my flat is never locked.

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I stayed in an EC (77sqm) just before getting my current 5rm flat (122sqm). Never felt any difference between them, except I was paying more for maintenance fee for a pigeon hole. Now I am getting 2 months S&CC rebate and my property tax is only $82.50 compared to $448 for my pigeon hole. In addition, there are other rebates like u-save etc :s13:

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Super sad lo on that evening. Still remember clearly I just started my night shift when my agent call me to ask if I’m interested to get a one bedder in any of the 3 launches that launch on that night.

Few hours before the news of CM came out, I just visited Tre Ver showflat le. In the end, I didn’t rush in to buy. Been trying my luck in new launches one bedder, the last one I tried was Twin Vew. One stack of one bedder only, no luck.

Hence on 5th July, I cried the whole night at work hahahhah. 7 freaking years to save for the downpayment!
Damn it, how can they do this to first timer like me. In one night , how to find extra 5% downpayment.

Took me a week for me to get myself together and re-plan my game. In the end, I Went to tons of resale viewing. Lowered down my budget to below 550k and got myself a great unit!

The 75% LTV was uncalled for especially for first time buyer like u, I really felt for u.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.