If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come.

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
i was told that their latest version (2019) is an improved version and would not peel as easily as before... not sure if true??

otherwise have to go for fabrics one le

as long as it's PU leather, it will peel. In Singapore weather, peel easily.

You must realize that they are selling internationally also. In some other countries that are not as humid, PU leather can last much longer. There are of course many other factors but this is one of the major ones if I'm not wrong.

PU Leather is PU Leather. Unless they're using a totally brand new material or kind of synthetic leather (which I doubt), nothing will change. It's just marketing speech.

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don’t bother with such inferior products, either the fake leather peels or the parts break. Get a real leather and higher quality chair, I am using a gliding chair with ikea real leather cushion.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as long as it's PU leather, it will peel. In Singapore weather, peel easily.

You must realize that they are selling internationally also. In some other countries that are not as humid, PU leather can last much longer. There are of course many other factors but this is one of the major ones if I'm not wrong.

PU Leather is PU Leather. Unless they're using a totally brand new material or kind of synthetic leather (which I doubt), nothing will change. It's just marketing speech.
There are some tpu leather that can last longer.. Real leather will crack also.

saggice

Reaction score
my other $600 leather chairs also peels.
definitely is humidity or sunshine into the room.

Fr0stb3ar

Reaction score
anybody tried the softweave Fabric versions? is it too hot to sit onto after a while?:):)

Untamed

Reaction score
The thing is.. despite the more expensive price.

There isn't alternatives? or is there?

Go to metro and try the iloom chair. I already bought the HM else this would be my first choice.

They are not SecretLab alternative as this is too demeaning

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Tartar Sauce

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried this service?

Was thinking of using Nappa leather instead of PU Leather again.
$275+50 seems expensive. Almost half the price of my SL chair.
They are offering only 1 free logo whereas the original chair has 4.
Good thing is customizable.

You should compare to NAPA leather SL chair ma... why you comparing to your PU leather SL chair :s13:
$275 + 50 compared to $1300 is cheap liao

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You should compare to NAPA leather SL chair ma... why you comparing to your PU leather SL chair :s13:
$275 + 50 compared to $1300 is cheap liao

Seller no guarantee nor warranty what.
Secretlab has 2 years warranty.
It's like deposit into bank vs deposit into a salesman's pocket.
Company vs 1-man.

Somemore doesn't really state how to clean and maintain, later same thing happen, catagorised under wear & tear, seller can't be bothered to do anything.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.