Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

nf2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what SPF say is there is a few that deposit to my account , amounting to total of $4k , the one who report my account , deposit $500

That's strange, in my personal investigation, I filed numerous police report against bank accounts - SPF did not freeze it immediately.

Somehow banks are not proactive in detecting these types of transaction, even when the message to bank indicates Unlicensed Money Lender or Loan Shark - bank will not act on it. If banks are able to assist with red flags, I'm very certain UMLs operations will be affected significantly.

The police can only freeze the account indefinitely so UMLs can only hop to another willing victim turned mule.

viethai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's strange, in my personal investigation, I filed numerous police report against bank accounts - SPF did not freeze it immediately.

Somehow banks are not proactive in detecting these types of transaction, even when the message to bank indicates Unlicensed Money Lender or Loan Shark - bank will not act on it. If banks are able to assist with red flags, I'm very certain UMLs operations will be affected significantly.

The police can only freeze the account indefinitely so UMLs can only hop to another willing victim turned mule.

I agree..They will tell you to make a police report 1st.

green72

Reaction score
what SPF say is there is a few that deposit to my account , amounting to total of $4k , the one who report my account , deposit $500
I believe they can earn more than $4k in a day. Assist SPF, stop paying. No choice as you are flagged as runner by SPF.
Remember to prepare yourself. Seek help from SPF, they are the only ones left.
Call 999 each time u got harassed. No choice but 100% cooperation with SPF and your I/O is required.
Remember you are a victim too....unless u help them become runner.

green72

Reaction score

That's what I said some post back. That's why I intent to meet my MP for him to bring it up in parliament.

My own case also banks seems so reluctant to react quickly even after I mention money laundering/illegal activities to them.

nf2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's what I said some post back. That's why I intent to meet my MP for him to bring it up in parliament.

My own case also banks seems so reluctant to react quickly even after I mention money laundering/illegal activities to them.

But was the issue raised in parliment?

nf2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's a discussion on CCTV here.

A door peep hole camera with recordings can circumvent the need for approval, IMHO.
Can also install a motion sensing doorbell to alert.

She needs to outweigh whether to report and possibly get deported or continue to pay and feed the UML.
How long can she pay before she don't have enough to pay?
Start the climb out of the hell hole or stay and suffer.Only she can determine her fate.

For myself, not being cocky or egoistic, but I want them to harass my home again. I've roped in friends from adjacent blocks to be on standby. My sons friends also on standby. My neighbours are also on alert. Watching less and less of my CCTV live footage and motion detection alerts and more of actual TV programmes and movies instead.

I'm done with their harassment. Need to give them some and somemore. Started to go to movies and simple outing to enjoy life as I knew it. We need to move on and live our lives again and not be hindered by fear of harassment.

I have all the time and some resources to deal with them. I can continue to be sharp and ready to go even for a year. I'll deal mine my way.

Need to catch one runner to set as an example.

Why dont you offer money to the runners to surrender information instead? Since survelliance is above average. Chances are those runners might be transaction mules.

Messup

Reaction score

Oh... but your reporting is 28 or brought forward?

Hope they stopped their harassment already.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Why dont you offer money to the runners to surrender information instead? Since survelliance is above average. Chances are those runners might be transaction mules.

No way should anyone collaborate in UMLs activities. Stop suggesting trying to be the police.

Let SPF investigate even if it seems slow. Too bad for runners even if they are mules. I don't have any sympathy for them. They have made their choices.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Under the Moneylenders’ Act (revised edition 2010), when a bank account or ATM card of a person is used to facilitate moneylending by an unlicensed moneylender, that person is presumed to have assisted in carrying on the business of unlicensed moneylending.

First-time offenders found guilty of assisting in the business of unlicensed moneylending may be fined between S$30,000 and S$300,000, jailed up to four years and shall also be liable to be punished with caning of up to six strokes.

First-time offenders found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting to commit any acts of harassment shall be jailed up to five years, fined between S$5,000 and S$50,000, and shall also be liable to caning of between three and six strokes.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...-be-involved-loansharking-activities-arrested

Are you able to prove that you are just a borrower and with no intention to assist in the business of unlicensed moneylending ? :s11:

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Really is WTF.
Don't know what is your intention.
Don't listen to this bullshiat.
Just make the Police report and let the Police handle it.

CloudClau

Reaction score
Under the Moneylenders’ Act (revised edition 2010), when a bank account or ATM card of a person is used to facilitate moneylending by an unlicensed moneylender, that person is presumed to have assisted in carrying on the business of unlicensed moneylending.

First-time offenders found guilty of assisting in the business of unlicensed moneylending may be fined between S$30,000 and S$300,000, jailed up to four years and shall also be liable to be punished with caning of up to six strokes.

First-time offenders found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting to commit any acts of harassment shall be jailed up to five years, fined between S$5,000 and S$50,000, and shall also be liable to caning of between three and six strokes.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...-be-involved-loansharking-activities-arrested

Are you able to prove that you are just a borrower and with no intention to assist in the business of unlicensed moneylending ? :s11:

Like i say i also victim , my hse got splash n lock when their money got forzen in my account and then now all this simply i suay

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like i say i also victim , my hse got splash n lock when their money got forzen in my account and then now all this simply i suay

Gather all the evidence to show Police when you go to make Police report.

green72

Reaction score
Really is WTF.
Don't know what is your intention.
Don't listen to this bullshiat.
Just make the Police report and let the Police handle it.
To nf2, delceer is correct. Stop meddling in police work.

Maybe u are damn pissed with these UMLs but what limited resources u have to investigate, u might unwittingly hinder the real police work.

If really anyone wants to hit these UMLs in the teeth, just don't pay. That action alone do really hurt them most.

Just provide as much info, as quickly as possible to SPF. Timing is also important.

jeffprobst

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kns. Stupid loan shark called my house to disturb us into finding the borrower again.

green72

Reaction score
Kns. Stupid loan shark called my house to disturb us into finding the borrower again.

You know what to do. Report to SPF. Can make online police report. Provide info. No need go down station.

Change number, you deserve the peace. Make number unlisted.

jeffprobst

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already reported over the weekends. Maybe need to change number.

You know what to do. Report to SPF. Can make online police report. Provide info. No need go down station.

Change number, you deserve the peace. Make number unlisted.

Sg_Oris

Reaction score
To nf2, delceer is correct. Stop meddling in police work.

Maybe u are damn pissed with these UMLs but what limited resources u have to investigate, u might unwittingly hinder the real police work.

If really anyone wants to hit these UMLs in the teeth, just don't pay. That action alone do really hurt them most.

Just provide as much info, as quickly as possible to SPF. Timing is also important.

I have made police report fin October 2018. After making report, nothing is done and yet I got splashed paint in November 2018.

Recently a few of the loan sharks started harassing me and next of kin. They forcing me to make full repayments if not they promise to make my NOK lose their jobs.

One particular loan shark gave me till Sunday to repay $3000.
He even force me to record myself begging him for extension if not he won’t give extension.

My fault for borrowing money from them. I regret borrowing.
They will threaten to bring problems to those innocent people around you.
This is really unbearable.

Why no actions from the police?
I have given them all the numbers and account numbers since. But nothing is done.

green72

Reaction score
I have made police report fin October 2018. After making report, nothing is done and yet I got splashed paint in November 2018.

Recently a few of the loan sharks started harassing me and next of kin. They forcing me to make full repayments if not they promise to make my NOK lose their jobs.

One particular loan shark gave me till Sunday to repay $3000.
He even force me to record myself begging him for extension if not he won’t give extension.

My fault for borrowing money from them. I regret borrowing.
They will threaten to bring problems to those innocent people around you.
This is really unbearable.

Why no actions from the police?
I have given them all the numbers and account numbers since. But nothing is done.

I don't understand why you still in contact with them. Each and every harassment got call 999?

You got cctv recording? Each and every incident you got to inform or email your I/O? Hard to believe SPF not doing anything. You need to be persistent in reporting to I/O. Stop talking to them. Block or change number.

They feed on your fear. Be brave. No need scared of them. The runners are all victims.

LET THEM COME if you have CCTV. Report the Sunday dateline. Then just wait.

Last edited:

Sg_Oris

Reaction score
I don't understand why you still in contact with them. Each and every harassment got call 999?

You got cctv recording? Each and every incident you got to inform or email your I/O? Hard to believe SPF not doing anything. You need to be persistent in reporting to I/O. Stop talking to them. Block or change number.

They feed on your fear. Be brave. No need scared of them. The runners are all victims.

LET THEM COME if you have CCTV. Report the Sunday dateline. Then just wait.

What can the police do? Before they can do anything, my NOK might be already out of job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.