NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Passionate Teacher

Reaction score
Hi congrats on being shortlisted! I've actually applied twice to be a teacher. The first time was during NS and after A levels for NTU/NIE. And the second time, which is recently, for PGDE so yours might be a little bit different.

For the NTU/NIE interview I did almost 8 years ago, there were 5 interviewers including HR. They mainly asked why I chose the course and why the subject. Interview was more chill coz maybe I was younger and I think I was more unfiltered so I remembered I made them laugh quite a bit. Can't remember what I said.

I was eventually accepted for the programme, which I accepted in that year of application. However, I decided to reapply for other courses the next year so I chose to go to another school for undergrad.

The PGDE interview is more structured and I was more careful in what I said just to be on the safe side. 100% chance is that they'll first ask yiub why you wanna be a teacher so prep for this question best, and the reason why you chose the teaching subject next. Other questions are just them asking u more on the answers u gave them.

Wow! That's some really good advice!! Thank you.

Ninja23

Reaction score
Congratulations

Hi congrats on being shortlisted! I've actually applied twice to be a teacher. The first time was during NS and after A levels for NTU/NIE. And the second time, which is recently, for PGDE so yours might be a little bit different.

For the NTU/NIE interview I did almost 8 years ago, there were 5 interviewers including HR. They mainly asked why I chose the course and why the subject. Interview was more chill coz maybe I was younger and I think I was more unfiltered so I remembered I made them laugh quite a bit. Can't remember what I said.

I was eventually accepted for the programme, which I accepted in that year of application. However, I decided to reapply for other courses the next year so I chose to go to another school for undergrad.

The PGDE interview is more structured and I was more careful in what I said just to be on the safe side. 100% chance is that they'll first ask yiub why you wanna be a teacher so prep for this question best, and the reason why you chose the teaching subject next. Other questions are just them asking u more on the answers u gave them.

ummumar

Reaction score
Oh.. Applied for primary or secondary?

1st choice sec
2nd choice PRI

For ur info, I haven't gotten any call for interview yet. But just wondering, anyone else who applied for Tamil got called up interview already.

Passionate Teacher

Reaction score
Hi I just received the email notification to go down for interview on 8th April. I applied for PGDE Pri in late feb.

Late Feb?
I thought applications close on 12 Feb?
You applied the second intake?
Cos I know those who applied for 1st intake have been called for interviews alr.

JSMHONG96

Reaction score
Late Feb?
I thought applications close on 12 Feb?
You applied the second intake?
Cos I know those who applied for 1st intake have been called for interviews alr.

I applied in the later stage that if I’m not wrong was specially for local Uni students (NTU, NUS?). MOE came down to NTU for a career fair and the HR I was speaking to informed me that the second round of PGDE application was for the Uni students since the career fair happened only after the end of the public application stage.

Passionate Teacher

Reaction score
I applied in the later stage that if I’m not wrong was specially for local Uni students (NTU, NUS?). MOE came down to NTU for a career fair and the HR I was speaking to informed me that the second round of PGDE application was for the Uni students since the career fair happened only after the end of the public application stage.

Ahh then it makes sense for your interview to be later than the rest. Good luck!! Which subject you applied for?

AddingWin

Reaction score
Yes. Mid-career switch applicant here still waiting for a reply. Quite a stressful wait. 25th seems so far yet so dangerously near.

chlennis

Reaction score
Just went for my PGDE Pri Chinese interview. The form stated if we are shortlisted, we will get notification by a date in May, but I forgot the date, is it 25 May?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.