Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi just a silly question,
Lets said I travel from 1apr to 30 Apr.
I only want insured on 30apr for flight,when apply key in 29 and 30apr,
Possible?

If you are flying, u must show them your airline ticket
to show that you travel from which date to which date
must tally with your travel insurance period ...

From msig source below :
1. Original completed claim form (Note: those who have submitted their claim notification online do not need to submit this)

2. Travelling itinerary, airline ticket, boarding pass or copy of passport with stamp showing the date of departure and return to Singapore.

3. Credit card statement showing the SGD equivalent charged to your card if your claim contains foreign currency payment.

candyass

Reaction score
Did MSIG convert the THB3000 to Singapore Dollars at their exchange rate?

Yes, they converted it to SGD based on their prevailing currency exchange rate. Slightly lower than the exchange rate that you get from money changers outside.

WWH123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me also Melbourne-Sydney for 2 weeks in May. Any travel insurance promo/recommendations?

Going to melbourne for about 2 weeks trip in May.. May I know what is the more recommended travel insurance to get?

Typically I get FWD for short trips like BKK.. but longer trips maybe the coverage not enough.. And there's a need to rent a car too?

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Possible?

Can.........

If cannot, then how? Claim from you?

rlyvsw.jpg

2expym1.jpg

w9twzk.jpg

Beefsteak

Master Member
Reaction score
Possible?

Most travel insurance policies require that your trip start and end in Singapore.
So better to check your policy terms and conditions first.

George Soros

Master Member
Reaction score
If you are flying, u must show them your airline ticket
to show that you travel from which date to which date
must tally with your travel insurance period ...

From msig source below :
1. Original completed claim form (Note: those who have submitted their claim notification online do not need to submit this)

2. Travelling itinerary, airline ticket, boarding pass or copy of passport with stamp showing the date of departure and return to Singapore.

3. Credit card statement showing the SGD equivalent charged to your card if your claim contains foreign currency payment.
Thank you.....

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it correct for the travel insurance family plan annual?
The insure person will add the spouse and child in the policy.
So the spouse does not need to buy individual travel policy when she travel alone at times?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it correct for the travel insurance family plan annual?
The insure person will add the spouse and child in the policy.
So the spouse does not need to buy individual travel policy when she travel alone at times?

best to check with the insurer, as the wordings may defer :

For Sompo : "For Family Plan, the Insured Adults need not be travelling together but each insured Child must be accompanied ..... "

but pls note that there is a limit on the coverage for the family plan which is usually capped at 2 x individual's coverage on some items ... so it may be more valuable to buy individual plans instead (albeit cost may be slightly higher ... )

jumanji

Reaction score
Ridiculous HLAS Processing Time

My HLAS claim has been submitted almost 2 mths ago without any reply. I'm not sure if this is normal as it's my first time claiming.

007Mi6

Reaction score
Which travel insurance covers me to fly from JB-KL, KL-Danang, Danang-KL and KL-SG?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which travel insurance covers me to fly from JB-KL, KL-Danang, Danang-KL and KL-SG?

i am assuming you have to travel from SG home to JB airport.

if your trip starts from SG, you can buy any travel insurance from SG and be covered

it does not require your flight must start from SG ... just your trip to start from SG (in any mode of transport)

007Mi6

Reaction score
i am assuming you have to travel from SG home to JB airport.

if your trip starts from SG, you can buy any travel insurance from SG and be covered

it does not require your flight must start from SG ... just your trip to start from SG (in any mode of transport)

Yes, I will travel by bus from SG to JB and flight is from JB Sensei Airport.

GundamKnight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any travel insurance covers ourselves if we have valid reason and cant proceed with travel plan?

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any travel insurance covers ourselves if we have valid reason and cant proceed with travel plan?

valid reasons are death of immediate family member and/or yourself being too sick to travel. both need doc's letter.

no other reasons are valid, or rather i don't know of any other valid reasons that insurers cover.

other valid reasons include travel ban, however, this is not 'your' valid reason (to the question you are asking).

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.