Malaysia prepaid card

cottoncloud123

Reaction score
Anybody know what does these messages mean? It stated 10gb quota renew every month. Does it means that it will incur cost every month? I just need for 2-3 days only..

The message stated:
RM0.00 Dear Tunetalker, FREE Basic Internet is active and U will no longer have pay-per-use usage. 10GB quota renews every month. T&C apply bit.ly/t7Dh07

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what does these messages mean? It stated 10gb quota renew every month. Does it means that it will incur cost every month? I just need for 2-3 days only..

The message stated:
RM0.00 Dear Tunetalker, FREE Basic Internet is active and U will no longer have pay-per-use usage. 10GB quota renews every month. T&C apply bit.ly/t7Dh07

Rm2 tunetalk only has free 300mb right?
Yours should be the Tune Talk Value Prepaid, can see link to their website for more information. (I've not finished going through...)

An overview can be referred to here.

So far from what I've read, Free Basic Internet is 10GB per month, auto-renewable monthly and there should be no charge. Please note that it's at only 64kbps speed.

You'll have to subscribe to one of the High Speed Data plans for fast speed. Don't forget to cancel the auto-renewable if there's any.

Edit: I don't see anything about free 300MB in the starter pack.

Last edited:

cottoncloud123

Reaction score
So the Sim card is a one time thing right? I don't have to cancel anything at the end of my trip if I didn't subscribe anything?

Yours should be the Tune Talk Value Prepaid, can see link to their website for more information. (I've not finished going through...)

An overview can be referred to here.

So far from what I've read, Free Basic Internet is 10GB per month, auto-renewable monthly and there should be no charge. Please note that it's at only 64kbps speed.

You'll have to subscribe to one of the High Speed Data plans for fast speed. Don't forget to cancel the auto-renewable if there's any.

Edit: I don't see anything about free 300MB in the starter pack.

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
go straight to digi shop at ksl. For those who BMW (bus mrt walk), can take bus at jb sentral bus terminal to ksl straight at $1.50rm. The bus is under CW yellow colour, berth is at the far back.

if u stand in front pre-paid section at Digi shop, no staff will entertain u wan. lol.

got 4 packs at 1 go, $8rm/pack. not alw go in, so buy for standby.

65RClw.jpg

sry i new to this. this 1 comes with mobile data out of the package?

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
hehehe.... malaysia boleh :s12:

https://new.digi.com.my/prepaid/live

Digi Prepaid LiVE
RM8.00 comes with:
• Preloaded RM5
• 300MB (7 days)
• Pack validity: 5 days

like this singtel prepaid roaming better. sgd8, for preloaded s$10 inside. can buy 1gb msia roaming data(can use in both sg n my). 1gb msia roaming data $10 avail for 30days.

and if u enter someone referral code, both parties get $3 credit for calls n sms.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So the Sim card is a one time thing right? I don't have to cancel anything at the end of my trip if I didn't subscribe anything?

No, you shouldn't have to unsubscribe anything in this case... BUT will still have to check the validity of your new Tune Talk SIM card, since you've not done any top up.

When is your trip going to be?

Edit: Checked their webby but can't seem to find the initial validity listed like what Digi does, only that their grace period is 45 days. Can you check on your app?

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hehehe.... malaysia boleh :s12:

It's good that you spotted this RRP RM8 offer from this dealer; they're going to have many subscribers now. :s13:

I was actually there Sunday/Monday to look at their numbers, saw none that I liked so left without asking them the cost. :D

cottoncloud123

Reaction score
The app shows valid until 14 April 2019. So I don't have to bother about the Sim card after I leave JB right? My trip actually started ytd but only managed to register ytd night. Will be coming back sg tmr.

No, you shouldn't have to unsubscribe anything in this case... BUT will still have to check the validity of your new Tune Talk SIM card, since you've not done any top up.

When is your trip going to be?

Edit: Checked their webby but can't seem to find the initial validity listed like what Digi does, only that their grace period is 45 days. Can you check on your app?

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like this singtel prepaid roaming better. sgd8, for preloaded s$10 inside. can buy 1gb msia roaming data(can use in both sg n my). 1gb msia roaming data $10 avail for 30days.

and if u enter someone referral code, both parties get $3 credit for calls n sms.

Pros and cons..

I was using SingTel Data roam in the past @ Malaysia, totally no connection at all thus changed to use their local SIMs..

razorlala

Banned
Reaction score
Pros and cons..

I was using SingTel Data roam in the past @ Malaysia, totally no connection at all thus changed to use their local SIMs..

which part of msia are u using? singtel roams maxis. never had an issue in jb n melaka

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The app shows valid until 14 April 2019. So I don't have to bother about the Sim card after I leave JB right? My trip actually started ytd but only managed to register ytd night. Will be coming back sg tmr.
Since you paid only RM2 for the SIM pack, haven't subscribed anything nor top up any amount, can just leave it alone when you're done with your trip.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks for your help. Really appreciate it. :)

You're welcome.

I've been trying to learn more about this fairly new TuneTalk Value plan type myself, plus I've barely been using my TT Buddy SIM card these days so it's bit of a refresher. :)

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You're welcome.

I've been trying to learn more about this fairly new TuneTalk Value plan type myself, plus I've barely been using my TT Buddy SIM card these days so it's bit of a refresher. :)

I still holding my TT Buddy SIM due to its 1 year validity. =:p

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I still holding my TT Buddy SIM due to its 1 year validity. =:p

Yup, and it also reminds me of those days when I got to roam in Melaka every other months, and that's where I bought my SIM pack and when I finally got to surf all the way home without getting cut off on those ulu roads leading to the highway. :D

I just hope that they won't do away with Buddy and force everyone to Value where the year's validity costs RM100. :s22:

dreamer_jul

Reaction score
went to the digi shop at ksl on sat after reading the post here to get my hands on the digi live card but was told by sales asst that it costs RM40 because they bundle it with 1 month internet data. SA says they do not sell the SIM card alone. Left and headed to Tesco to purchase the SIM card @ RM8

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went to the digi shop at ksl on sat after reading the post here to get my hands on the digi live card but was told by sales asst that it costs RM40 because they bundle it with 1 month internet data. SA says they do not sell the SIM card alone. Left and headed to Tesco to purchase the SIM card @ RM8

Thanks for the update.

So Tesco restocked their Digi Live SIM packs? :)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i paid for the sim card alone w/o any bundle last wk, was a chinese lady cashier.

weird tat now they nid ppl to bundle with data plan :s22:

Some dealers do sell their SIM packs with different prices, like RRP for the regular/random numbers, and higher price for "VIP" numbers.

I wonder if this dealer is doing something similar, or that cashier made a "mistake"...

As far as I know these Digi dealers (in KSL and City Square) have been selling their SIM packs with add-ons like data passes.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.