HSBC Step Up Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

itchying

Reaction score
Is it worth now to do wwt since its 1.5%? Can wwt to own bank in different country?

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Received sms : Your SGD Step Up Bonus Interest earning period will end on 31 March 2019. Please visit hsbc.com.sg/savings-maturity to find out more about our SGD Savings account services. Insured up to SGD50K by SDIC.

Can appy online to extend upto 30 June.

So far never extended.

Any disadvantage to extend ?

spikeling

Reaction score
Received sms : Your SGD Step Up Bonus Interest earning period will end on 31 March 2019. Please visit hsbc.com.sg/savings-maturity to find out more about our SGD Savings account services. Insured up to SGD50K by SDIC.

So far never extended.

better not extend. the bonus interest pay out is very late. usually the end of 2 months later.

shengliang1981

Reaction score

So far never extended.

Can consider to extend if you have obligation to keep the fresh funds for 90 days for the roadshow gift and your 90 days exceeded the initial 3 months step up promotion.

Disadvantage is that you may not be able to start a new cycle before the 3 months extension period is over.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
better not extend. the bonus interest pay out is very late. usually the end of 2 months later.

Oh. So April bonus interest for someone who extends from Jan to Mar cycle comes later than someone who signs up for new Apr to June cycle ?

All cycles don't receive bonus interest at the same time ?

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can consider to extend if you have obligation to keep the fresh funds for 90 days for the roadshow gift and your 90 days exceeded the initial 3 months step up promotion.

Disadvantage is that you may not be able to start a new cycle before the 3 months extension period is over.

Yes. I have taken the abalone and can only withdraw on 4 April.

spikeling

Reaction score
Oh. So April bonus interest for someone who extends from Jan to Mar cycle comes later than someone who signs up for new Apr to June cycle ?

All cycles don't receive bonus interest at the same time ?

Yes. New sign up usually get bonus interest by 5th of next month while extend sign up only pay by end of 2 months later. You will become giraffe by then...

whizzard

Reaction score
Yes. New sign up usually get bonus interest by 5th of next month while extend sign up only pay by end of 2 months later. You will become giraffe by then...

Yes. I topped up in Jan and till now, see no bonus interest.

Will go back to MBB after this.

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. I topped up in Jan and till now, see no bonus interest.

Will go back to MBB after this.

Are you referring to Bonus Interest or Spending Interest?

I signed up for the Jan-Mar Cycle and I had received my Jan & Feb Bonus Interest. For Spending Interest, haven't receive it.

whizzard

Reaction score
Are you referring to Bonus Interest or Spending Interest?

I signed up for the Jan-Mar Cycle and I had received my Jan & Feb Bonus Interest. For Spending Interest, haven't receive it.

Bonus interest and Spending interest.

Called my RM and he said will have to wait till end of Mar.

Trying HSBC Premier top-up for the first time.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bonus interest and Spending interest.

Called my RM and he said will have to wait till end of Mar.

Trying HSBC Premier top-up for the first time.

I signed up for Jan to Mar cycle and received Jan and Feb bonus interest already. Debit card spent not yet.

Did you register ?

whizzard

Reaction score
I signed up for Jan to Mar cycle and received Jan and Feb bonus interest already. Debit card spent not yet.

Did you register ?

Yes, filled up the form at the branch and even received their free abalones.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not wait till next month's roadshow ? Usually on first thu of the month.

BigJay

Reaction score
Wwt own bank account in different country and get the bonus?

For each Relevant Month, Eligible Customers will enjoy additional bonus interest
(“Remittance Additional Bonus Interest”) on the Top-up Amount at the rates set out in the
table below if they perform a remittance involving a foreign exchange transaction with the
following remittance amount (>=S$500), using the WorldWide Transfer (“WWT”) system, available on
HSBC’s Personal Internet Banking platform, by 2359 hrs on the last calendar day of that
Relevant Month, subject to a minimum Top-up Amount of S$1 and a maximum Top-up Amount
of S$100,000.

I remit to my local USD account. I take it as must change >=S$500 to other currency and use WWT. Will only know in end May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.