The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello guys!
Just bought a dress watch and I am wondering for those working in the corporate world how do you wear your watch with your shirt? Watch under the cuff or put the cuff before the watch. You will know what i mean if you see the picture below.

P.S. Joining the corporate world soon so I am wondering

yuzgtsa

Corp world means what?
Dress watch I assume desk job then under cuff
If Corp world but use watch as tool then dress watch not suitable let alone under cuff

lwt24lwt

Reaction score
Watch under cuff. Watch before cuff only looks good in close up pics. If you zoom out you’ll see how weird it’ll look if one sleeve is shorter than the other.

If you’re getting shirts made to measure or tailored shirts, ask them to size up the cuff on your watch wearing hand.

I am most likely getting off-the-shelf clothes but from what I have at home (bought some for intern) i realised the cuff is pretty tight so it's pretty hard to fit a watch in it. And yes i prefer to wear slim fit clothes. So I assume from what you are saying is that most, if not all, wear watch under cuff?

Corp world means what?
Dress watch I assume desk job then under cuff
If Corp world but use watch as tool then dress watch not suitable let alone under cuff

Yup office job!

theblueark

Reaction score
I am most likely getting off-the-shelf clothes but from what I have at home (bought some for intern) i realised the cuff is pretty tight so it's pretty hard to fit a watch in it. And yes i prefer to wear slim fit clothes. So I assume from what you are saying is that most, if not all, wear watch under cuff?

Just wear wherever, I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Most people wouldn’t notice and most people roll up their sleeves 3/4 or 1/2 way up the arms anyway.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

theblueark

Reaction score
Hmmm, which watch did you buy?

A good read on the watch hierarchy in the business world~

https://www.businessinsider.sg/gselevator-on-wall-street-watches-2016-9/

Like many of us here, I also rotate among my collection almost everyday. Mostly Seikos and a couple of microbrands. So I guess I’d be categorized as “hobbyist” or “watch nerd”?

I’m in the engineering side of the business world. The most popular watch in the office at every hierarchy is probably the Apple Watch, followed by one of those free health trackers.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like many of us here, I also rotate among my collection almost everyday. Mostly Seikos and a couple of microbrands. So I guess I’d be categorized as “hobbyist” or “watch nerd”?

I’m in the engineering side of the business world. The most popular watch in the office at every hierarchy is probably the Apple Watch, followed by one of those free health trackers.

I agree on the Apple watch, in my current office, Big boss wear stainless steel Rolex Daytona, male managers IWC portuguese, panerai due, female managers Cartier Ballon Bleu, Rolex datejust two tone diamond dial, Omega speedmaster automatic.

Fitbit and apple watch are common sight too~ :s13:

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Throwback to the 70s with a manual wind chronograph
6WYY1dOl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello guys!
Just bought a dress watch and I am wondering for those working in the corporate world how do you wear your watch with your shirt? Watch under the cuff or put the cuff before the watch. You will know what i mean if you see the picture below.

P.S. Joining the corporate world soon so I am wondering

yuzgtsa

Showing your watch intentionally above or shortening the cuff to show it just looks terrible.

Just put it below or wear short sleeve.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LAST BUMP. ORDER FINALIZED MONDAY NOON.

Current MO for Ventus Northstar stands at 14/15 pieces. Borrow this space to keep track:

1) cyrenic (1 pc)
2) reikizi (2 pc)
3) 3xtraWX (2 pc, PMed)
4) Zijin_ (1 pc, N-4, PMed)
5) DOGGYCUP (1 or 2 pc, PMed)
6) wingersix (1 pc, N-4, PMed)
7) noobie (1 pc, mobile)
8) xiaokuang (1 pc, PMed)
9) xteam88 (1 pc, N-4, PMed)
10) dillydilly (2 pcs, mobile)
11) colin03 (1 pc, PMed)

How it will work:
a) I will compile order first, then check with Elshan for pricing based on size of order
b) I will have to make payment to Elshan directly, outside of Kickstarter naturally - will collect full payment from you guys then - at this point, I'll also check for your phone numbers and probably set up a Whatsapp group for ease of updates.
c) Wait till Sep (or whenever the watches are ready)
d) I'll collect from Elshan then, and arrange for collection - will adopt GX's former model, i.e. set a mass collection date at central location, and settle those that can't make it individually.

Note: I don't gain anything from this, beyond the savings that I will get for my piece.

arc13

Reaction score
So u are big boss

I agree on the Apple watch, in my current office, Big boss wear stainless steel Rolex Daytona, male managers IWC portuguese, panerai due, female managers Cartier Ballon Bleu, Rolex datejust two tone diamond dial, Omega speedmaster automatic.

Fitbit and apple watch are common sight too~ :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.