Chuwi Hi9 Air and iPad advice

melvados

Reaction score
I am looking at these 2 tablets - new iPad 2018 (the 'cheap' or for educational) and Chuwi Hi9 Air.
As I am not very tech/ hardware savvy, could someone kindly advise me which of these 2 are better?

I am mostly using it for videos, ebook reading, net surfing (like internet banking etc.). Not so much for gaming.

Can anyone kindly advise?

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am looking at these 2 tablets - new iPad 2018 (the 'cheap' or for educational) and Chuwi Hi9 Air.
As I am not very tech/ hardware savvy, could someone kindly advise me which of these 2 are better?

I am mostly using it for videos, ebook reading, net surfing (like internet banking etc.). Not so much for gaming.

Can anyone kindly advise?
IPad 9.7 2018 no doubt. CHUWI Hi9 air is using a mediatek x20 and no where as close to Apple A11 in terms of performance. IPad 2018 has fantastic battery life.

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT

melvados

Reaction score
IPad 9.7 2018 no doubt. CHUWI Hi9 air is using a mediatek x20 and no where as close to Apple A11 in terms of performance. IPad 2018 has fantastic battery life.

Thanks for getting back! Not sure how to see if the hardware used within is better or not. Glad I asked!

As for iPad, should I wait to see if there will be any new models coming out, seeing that in September there is going to be a conference?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for getting back! Not sure how to see if the hardware used within is better or not. Glad I asked!

As for iPad, should I wait to see if there will be any new models coming out, seeing that in September there is going to be a conference?

Would said that depending on u able to wait that long or not.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The iPad in Dec should most likely be iPad Pro, not the not iPad. Price also very different :s13:

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
The 2018 iPad 9.7 uses A10 chip, not A11.

A10 chip still lags. I can tell you cause I have this iPad. Nothing can compares to my iPad Pro 12.9 2018 which uses A12X Bionic

Last edited:

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 2018 iPad 9.7 uses A10 chip, not A11.

A10 chip still lags. I can tell you cause I have this iPad. Nothing can compares to my iPad Pro 12.9 2018 which uses A12X Bionic
My bad. Its A10. There no android tablet out there that could play PUBG Mobile on Extreme frame rate, not even the TAB S4(micro stutter). So the iPad 2018 is the best value for $ tablet right now. IPad Pro 12.9 is good, but the frame rate for pubg mobile is capped at "Extreme" so I wouldn't pay 3x the price for no performance improvement in my usage :s13:

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.