Univeristy Of Wollongong (SIM) future/current/students come in!!!

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
zObgyme.png

Just thought I'd share this here - FOC upcoming.

shimesa

Reaction score
just curious.. any seniors here went for CSIT intern or working for CSIT now?
how's it like?

BackgrounKoala_07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am interested in SIM-UOW Computer science(Big Data) and SIM-UOL Data Science and Business Analytics. Which one is better? I can be exempted for 1.5 years if i study SIM-UOW

Reaction score
Anyone know what happens if I fail one of the modules? Not much chance of reassessment test since I flunked it, I know need retake but when would the module be taken again? So for that particular seems would only take that module and nothing else? Would my cohort peers also graduate one batch faster than me due to this?

senpai4

Master Member
Reaction score
脸带笑容心悲哀nb心事xialangzai;119563266 said:
Anyone know what happens if I fail one of the modules? Not much chance of reassessment test since I flunked it, I know need retake but when would the module be taken again? So for that particular seems would only take that module and nothing else? Would my cohort peers also graduate one batch faster than me due to this?

You will retake it in the next window

Reaction score
You will retake it in the next window

By retake what does it mean? We usually take 2 modules each seem so when I retake that particular mod, I will only need to go for that mod's lesson? And ant idea on when will next mod window usually be? As for cohort,will I then be placed in the another cohort and lag behind my current friend's cohort by 1 semester?

senpai4

Master Member
Reaction score
脸带笑容心悲哀nb心事xialangzai;119567739 said:
By retake what does it mean? We usually take 2 modules each seem so when I retake that particular mod, I will only need to go for that mod's lesson? And ant idea on when will next mod window usually be? As for cohort,will I then be placed in the another cohort and lag behind my current friend's cohort by 1 semester?

If you get supplementary exam means you got a chance not to retake the module, but if you didn't means you will be late by one semester.

SinglePaul

Reaction score
Hi anyone knows what is the main difference btwn these 2 computer science courses - Cyber Security & Digital Systems Security?

Are they difficult to study as my bro was from 'A' lvl & not an IT savvy person?

Thanks! 👍

Raeeee

Reaction score
Hello, is DSS/ Big data hard to cope for someone with no IT background? And how’s the timetable like and are lessons very fast-paced? Just worried that the learning curve will be v steep especially at the start:/

senpai4

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone knows what is the main difference btwn these 2 computer science courses - Cyber Security & Digital Systems Security?

Are they difficult to study as my bro was from 'A' lvl & not an IT savvy person?

Thanks! 👍

Hi I am a previous DSS student, you need lots of programming in this course

senpai4

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello, is DSS/ Big data hard to cope for someone with no IT background? And how’s the timetable like and are lessons very fast-paced? Just worried that the learning curve will be v steep especially at the start:/

You are part time or full time?

SinglePaul

Reaction score
Hi I am a previous DSS student, you need lots of programming in this course

Tks for ur info!

Ya i think i better suggest my younger bro to apply for other courses eg SUSS PT programmes instead. Otherwise if drop out halfway will be even worse!

OKJ945

Reaction score
Cant decide on which Course to take

I can't decide on which course to take, DDS or BBIS.

I have a diploma in Business Info Tech with TP, I have interest in I.T. and programming and not much in the business aspect. But I am weak in maths(only have "N" Level Cert) which is very important for any computer science related degree.

I am afraid if I were to take up this course I will struggle a lot as my math is weak(might flunk maths modules) but the career aspect for DSS is very good as it is dealing with computer security which alot of the coys are looking for.

But as for BBIS, I do not have to good in math but have to deal in some aspect of the business and i am eligible for up to 1.5 years which cut short the time and save lots of money. But BBIS is not niche as compared to DSS, it is very general. I am afraid for career-wise wouldn't be a good choice.

I need the advice from all the SHIFU here.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can't decide on which course to take, DDS or BBIS.

I have a diploma in Business Info Tech with TP, I have interest in I.T. and programming and not much in the business aspect. But I am weak in maths(only have "N" Level Cert) which is very important for any computer science related degree.

I am afraid if I were to take up this course I will struggle a lot as my math is weak(might flunk maths modules) but the career aspect for DSS is very good as it is dealing with computer security which alot of the coys are looking for.

But as for BBIS, I do not have to good in math but have to deal in some aspect of the business and i am eligible for up to 1.5 years which cut short the time and save lots of money. But BBIS is not niche as compared to DSS, it is very general. I am afraid for career-wise wouldn't be a good choice.

I need the advice from all the SHIFU here.

See if u have any exemption for math module lo. There's only a couple of them that use math.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3

OKJ945

Reaction score
See if u have any exemption for math module lo. There's only a couple of them that use math.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3

Doubt so that I can get exemption for maths modules, as my diploma does not have maths module at all.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.