police selection assessment

jchow123

Reaction score
Are colour blind people automatically rejected from joining the SPF? I am interested in becoming an investigator (solving crimes etc.) but I have colour vision deficiency. Does this mean I can’t be a police officer at all?

Normal vision is required to sign on. But u still can get SPF for NS but will most likely be doing community engagement work or office work

sallehzxc

Reaction score
Hi, just received email to go down for tea session for dei interview on 5/3. was wondering if i have to bring documents since the instructions really said nothing..

Thanks for your help guys!

ee-de-em-dubdew

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, just received email to go down for tea session for dei interview on 5/3. was wondering if i have to bring documents since the instructions really said nothing..

Thanks for your help guys!

congrats! when did you apply?

if really no instructions then probably just prepare to share about yourself and why you want to join

sallehzxc

Reaction score
congrats! when did you apply?

if really no instructions then probably just prepare to share about yourself and why you want to join

applied in early feb! ya was reading through forums and seeing that first round usually SA so shocked that i a tea session and a rather informal one at that (based on the instructions given)...
thanks for the reply anyw :)

Instent

Reaction score
Medical screening

Hey,

For those who reached the medical screening stage, does anyone fail medical? And what do they usually test in medical other than urine test? Is the medical screening for spf, scdf and cnb the same?

Thanks!

ClearlyCryptic

Reaction score
Hey,

For those who reached the medical screening stage, does anyone fail medical? And what do they usually test in medical other than urine test? Is the medical screening for spf, scdf and cnb the same?

Thanks!

Hey there, sometimes people do fail the medical but they will never disclose the reasons to the applicant.

The screening consists of urine test, X-ray, Hearing test, ECG, Blood test, eyesight test and doctor consultation.

Screening should be the same for all Home Team agencies.

All the best to you! :)

klmelvin

Reaction score
Hi just curious how long do they take to reply after medical screen? Be it accepted or rejected.

tangtanggirl10

Reaction score
hi man! i received the email for the interview haha, any idea which month they normally do intake?

depends, bcos pre enlistees who sign on will train w the squad. so if your squad just nice got pre enlistees, the intake will be tgt w NS intake.

XiaXueYi

Reaction score
Hello everyone and much grateful for the wealth of knowledge and first hand experience here.

I applied for SPF some days ago; unfortunately for the online application which asked about why we wanted to join, I forgot to edit the field and it used my previous input for my ICA application. I sent an email to careers@gov to clarify. Will this affect my chances?

Onelastwish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone and much grateful for the wealth of knowledge and first hand experience here.

I applied for SPF some days ago; unfortunately for the online application which asked about why we wanted to join, I forgot to edit the field and it used my previous input for my ICA application. I sent an email to careers@gov to clarify. Will this affect my chances?

Don't think too much, they wont even read that.

yanyanpro

Reaction score
Anyone went for medical on Jan/Feb and yet to receive news? I went for medical on the 30th Jan, still no news :(

klmelvin

Reaction score
Hi guys I applied for DES some time in December 2018
My timeline is as follows:
3rd Jan 2019 - SA (handing in of documents, psychometric and interview)
11th February 2019 - Medical checkup

I'm still waiting for a reply. Anyone knows how long it'll take. Pretty anxious about this whole situation.

I ORDed August 2018. Served my two years NS with SAF. Anyone has the same dates as me or has any information for me?

Our timeline is very near. The person named yanyanpro also has very similar timeline as us. Let's take as no news means good news? Next intake should be June July ish already. If any news or so we should be that batch of peeps already. I guess like just take it as it's good news for us haha if so seeya in that intake tho

PikachuOh

Reaction score
After you apply probably need to wait roughly 3-6 months before u get any news as I tried to applied but has yet to finish my education yet cause I thought I could apply earlier because of long waiting time but no and will apply end of this year as they called me and inform me to apply 3-6 months before I collect my cert.

Hey there. You're probably right. No news is probably good news. Lemme know if you get any news!

Kingblard

Reaction score
Hey there. You're probably right. No news is probably good news. Lemme know if you get any news!

Hello. I’m a pre enlistee and my SA was on 13 December, Medical was on 25 Feb, still haven’t get any news yet. Could we update each other?

klmelvin

Reaction score
Hello. I’m a pre enlistee and my SA was on 13 December, Medical was on 25 Feb, still haven’t get any news yet. Could we update each other?

Sure thing man by the timeline we are rather close so will update once there is news I guess

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.