Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do not let any one of those car wash guys to drive my car. You should not allow them.

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
My AD in SG did that to my car too as I sat in the car and we went out to diagnose certain noises which I reported.
Really can't expect mechanics to drive the car like it's their own, regardless of how much you pay. My theory is the gearbox is made to withstand a certain level of abuse throughout its life and I know I don't abuse my gearbox on a daily basis.

I noticed the JB car wash guys change gear without coming to a complete stop too. Happens rarely at the place that I always wash and they are quite gentle with the driving (not like some racer boy) so I still go to them.

I shift the car myself at the carwash :D

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys go for wheel alignment in JB? Previously I did it at Ah yuan’s old place. They way they drove my car pissed me off. Changing directions without coming to full stop.

Any really good and careful mechanics that do alignment? I don’t mind paying a premium since you already getting Malaysian pricing in JB.

Did mine twice at BC Tyre & Sport Rim. Go by Tuas is nearer.
Search them FB.
Four wheels balancing and Electronic Wheel Alignment. RM 50:D
Mechanics are careful to avoid scratching the rims.
Observed they were careful during road testing too. At least did not engage gear when the car is still on the move.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to cc for servicing last week. Everything went well.

On Sheng Auto, do you know what are the head units they carry? Am considering between getting one from taobao and asking them to install, vs buying from sheng direct.

Personally, i would prefer to get it directly from Sheng Auto. Any problem after that, just go to Sheng Auto. Last time i asked before, comes with 12 month warranty their units.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. Might try them in future. LCH 👎

Did mine twice at BC Tyre & Sport Rim. Go by Tuas is nearer.
Search them FB.
Four wheels balancing and Electronic Wheel Alignment. RM 50:D
Mechanics are careful to avoid scratching the rims.
Observed they were careful during road testing too. At least did not engage gear when the car is still on the move.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You guys know any decent spraypaint shops that can do touchups on the spot? Want to fix some minor scratches.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you all think its worth it to renew COE 10 years for a Camry? As in buy a COE 2.0 Camry then renew it for another 10 years.

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you all think its worth it to renew COE 10 years for a Camry? As in buy a COE 2.0 Camry then renew it for another 10 years.

Do your calculations... be aware of slightly more expensive parts than a 1.6l Altis and higher road tax (I feel very painful for 2l car).

Unless you do a lot of NSHW (I rather you go for 2.4 Camry) or really need the space or the executive car look, you might be better off with a newer 4 or 5 year old Altis.

jase07

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
recently just went in to change tyre + rims with balancing + alignment, the service at tyreworld is pretty good. They are definitely not the cheapest but at least i find their service good.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much. Did they shift your car carelessly? I hate it when mechanics go from D to R or viceversa without fully stopping the vehicle.

recently just went in to change tyre + rims with balancing + alignment, the service at tyreworld is pretty good. They are definitely not the cheapest but at least i find their service good.

SuperSprint

Reaction score

I have seen thier post in fb. Quite impressive with the wheels and tyres. Price also not bad compar with LCH brothers.

They have a store inside selling many items, like engine oil and rims.

I might try them in future, since is near tebown.

jase07

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much. Did they shift your car carelessly? I hate it when mechanics go from D to R or viceversa without fully stopping the vehicle.

paid about 1544 rm for the tires and rims, trade in my old rims also. New tyres PS3 195/55/15, new rubber valves also, new lug nuts and also a centrical disc they recommended. with balancing and alignment.

when i was there i didn't notice if they go from D to R.

jase07

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have seen thier post in fb. Quite impressive with the wheels and tyres. Price also not bad compar with LCH brothers.

They have a store inside selling many items, like engine oil and rims.

I might try them in future, since is near tebown.

Definitely not the cheapest. I called another shop near them and about 15 rm/pcs cheaper than them but the sales person like on pms like that, ask year of manufacture also cannot. **** it, i rather pay abit more. the tyre world guy is quite patient to answer all my questions over whatsapp.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review.

paid about 1544 rm for the tires and rims, trade in my old rims also. New tyres PS3 195/55/15, new rubber valves also, new lug nuts and also a centrical disc they recommended. with balancing and alignment.

when i was there i didn't notice if they go from D to R.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, passed by them a few times when going to that area or to Ninso, but never paid much attention to them. Will keep in view when time to change tyres next year.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.