The Travel Insurance Promotion Thread

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any travel insurance covers ourselves if we have valid reason and cant proceed with travel plan?

Valid reasons could be due to medical conditions ...
If so, you would need official doctor document including the signature of the doctor, and the conditions of you not able to travel ...

claimed from budget airline and full fledged airline
normally budget airline would take within 10 to 15 working days to refund you in the form of bank transfer or voucher ... full fledged took 48 hours to process and refund to us within one week ...

greenbulge

Reaction score
any travel insurance covers ourselves if we have valid reason and cant proceed with travel plan?

Aviva travel insurance offers free cancellation with any reason for mid plan & above, subjected to certain terms and conditions such as purchasing the insurance within few days (5 i think)

007Mi6

Reaction score
What are the more important factors to consider for travel insurance considering a backpacking free and easy 9-10 days in ASEAN?

(1) Medical cost overseas?
(2) Medical Evacuation?
(3) Repatriation?
(4) Flight cancellation (if going for budget airline)?
(5) Flight delay (if on connecting flight)?

Anything major I should take note of that I cannot self insure?

mrwirus

Reaction score
What are the more important factors to consider for travel insurance considering a backpacking free and easy 9-10 days in ASEAN?

(1) Medical cost overseas?
(2) Medical Evacuation?
(3) Repatriation?
(4) Flight cancellation (if going for budget airline)?
(5) Flight delay (if on connecting flight)?

Anything major I should take note of that I cannot self insure?
going any hiking? that one must check if got cover..

BigMonkey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any idea on which insurance will cover sea transport in foreign country (north asia, not batam)

starmaze

Reaction score
just bought it yesterday...

anyway.. does anyone know any that covers natural disasters?
I believe there are such insurance that covers natural disaster but there are limitations. Need to read the t&cs of your policy:
travelinsurancereview.net/faqs/does-travel-insurance-cover-natural-disasters

jumanji

Reaction score
Shitty Service by HLAS

Just to update people on HLAS insurance. My claim has been sent in for 2mths already. Called them up twice (after one month, and after second month of waiting), both times same excuse "peak period of claims in Nov & December" therefore our claims processing can take longer.

No way to expedite or talk to the claims side, the phone representative will just tell you they cannot contact the claims side in any way, and will help you send email to "rush" them. Completely useless to call them up.

P.S. Just read further back in this thread that someone has been waiting 5 mths for the claim to process.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No one mentioned the AXA 50% discount for single trip?

I haven't bought from AXA for some time as MSIG and Sompo's plans/prices have been competitive.

meghaS

Reaction score
Hi!
Me and 2 of my friends are going to go on a 3 week trip to Europe in June, possibly covering 6 - 7 countries. As per moneysmart, the plans of FWD Premium and Allianz are comparable in price. Allianz offers much higher coverage with 400,00 for medical coverage, 10,000 for trip cancellation and 7000 for loss/damage of bags while FWD Premium offers 200,000 , 7500 and 3000 respectively. I think Allianz is definitely more value for money but I've read some pretty negative reviews in their claims processing and service.
I have taken FWD taken before on a trip to Japan where I got refunded full amount because I fell really sick and had to cancel the trip - and their service was excellent. Anyone here who has tried out Allianz before?

It;s going to be a pretty budget trip and we are concerned with having adequate coverage for bag loss, theft, travel delay and cancelled trip connections mainly. What do you suggest we take? Any other alternatives?

Last edited:

i.Singaporean

Reaction score
Sorry first time buying travel insurance myself

What does "Medical Expenses Incurred Overseas" mean?

Like you got flu/cough then go see doctor in that country, insurance will cover everything? :eek:

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NEVER BUY HL ASSURANCE...during their so called: "peak season"

my claim from nov 22 2019 till now no news at all..

status still on processing :(

buy at ur only risk...

Feed your wanderlust as we March to the March Holidays! Get $20 Agoda's Hotel Booking Voucher and $5 YouTrip Credit when use the promo code now!*

Tio cheated! The $5 YouTrip Credit is actually code for NEW YouTrip user and $20 Agoda's Hotel Booking Voucher only for certain hotels nia. :mad::mad::mad:

Beefsteak

Master Member
Reaction score
If going to Malaysia for short 3d2n getaway and travelling by coach.
Is it sufficient to get the lowest tier travel insurance plan or better to get mid tier plan?

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which insurance co is fast and easy to claim??

Depends ... used msig normally they would take within next few days to acknowledge your claim ... Then within 2 to 3 weeks they would send you the cheque, if is successful ...

if they want to know more, they would contact u to get you to send them the offical receipt , mail to their address ....

~sabaisabai~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends ... used msig normally they would take within next few days to acknowledge your claim ... Then within 2 to 3 weeks they would send you the cheque, if is successful ...

if they want to know more, they would contact u to get you to send them the offical receipt , mail to their address ....
Ok. Later I try check it out. Thanks
FWD good?

Last edited:

Project_Xco

Reaction score
any major difference in coverage between Sompo traveljoy vs Sompo travelease (distributed by CIMB)?

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've tried aviva before... it's quite fast too!

Few years back purchased from them before ...
That time need to submit the documents to their office ...
Now can submit online already ...

Bought that time, so far so good ...
They usually dont have lots of discounts, such as other insurance companies, with 60% discount etc ... But their prices are still reasonable ...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.