[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried withdrawing cash from ATM using youtrip card? The rate seems not bad now at 22.723, I do understand there is a S$5 processing fee (+ Receiving bank charges [dunno how much]). Thanks.

* Corrected the X rate. :)

Last edited:

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got unusual experience yest night. Was on taxi back hotel & taxi driver blur send me to near fengjia area instead of hotel.

Was going through e road & suddenly this woman asked e driver if can send her further up e Road where e 酒店 is. She look like those work in 酒店 kind. She asked through e wind down win cause e driver was driving w e win down.
(Was blasting his 闽南语 music)

Driver said ok but gotta send us to our 饭店 before send her to 酒店. I was like shocked cause this is not grab share or uber. Is this considered normal? I had family member w me so i was naturally concerned.

Another thing was he quoted flat rate instead of meter. This part i can understand cause there was a distance from our location to hotel & stand out as tourist

Sent from 西方极乐世界 using GAGT

Last edited:

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got unusual experience yest night. Was on taxi back hotel & taxi driver blur send me to near fengjia area instead of hotel.

Was going through e road & suddenly this woman asked e driver if can send her further up e Road where e 酒店 is. She look like those work in 酒店 kind. She asked through e wind down win cause e driver was driving w e win down.
(Was blasting his 闽南语 music)

Driver said ok but gotta send us to our 饭店 before send her to 酒店. I was like shocked cause this is not grab share or uber. Is this considered normal? I had family member w me so i was naturally concerned.

Another thing was he quoted flat rate instead of meter. This part i can understand cause there was a distance from our location to hotel & stand out as tourist

Chio or not?

scourge

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just came back from Taiwan recently.
One thing is that I didn't encounter any PMD there.
So good.

puteh83

Reaction score
ok lah. i still find tw taxis to be affordable and the drivers to be ok unlike some countries where taxi fare very expensive but driver still want to cheat

i visited alishan, cingjing, sun moon lake, cks memorial hall, xiangshan, shifen, danshui fisherman wharf sunset, YMS, ximending, feng jia and raohe night market during recent trip.

A lady vomited during bus trip to YMS and some passengers sat on the vomit lol

HOw to go to YMS by bus?? is it public transport?

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why most of e shops will close in day x despite normal working hours like those 小吃店?

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JzfE7iVl.jpg

VTLCMX5l.jpg

0velXRgl.jpg

OxyoSNUl.jpg

uQqGXMUl.jpg

kewellz

Reaction score
Planning to visit the new mitsui outlet at taichung, anyone visited that area knows any nice places around there?

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No hear b4
https://travel.taichung.gov.tw/zh-tw/Attractions/Intro/1139/審計新村

http://cindypark.cc/blog/post/31942263-【台中審計新村美食懶人包】審計新村-散步

According to cab driver who send there he say place was unknown till 吴宗宪 went there 录影 & made it famous. Weekend more crowded w flea market. Normal days is normal 文创店

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.