Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Will This Be A Game Changer For Samsung?

way_landr

Reaction score
Anyone encounter Spotify can't be controlled by Bluetooth headset or car system anymore? Or if it app problem?

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

Beh-Hawk

Banned
Reaction score
Does Samsung Service Centre still factory reset your phone when you sent in your phone for repair? The last time I requested them not to do factory reset, they could not accede to my request.

yes. they say its their sop coz of privacy.

harmony71

Reaction score
yes. they say its their sop coz of privacy.

I think Samsung customers should have a choice to choose to have their phones factory reset or not.

How are we going to copy our photos out if the problem is a spoiled LCD? Surely they cannot factory reset just like that. I think that is data destruction not data protection. Lol.

Beh-Hawk

Banned
Reaction score
I think Samsung customers should have a choice to choose to have their phones factory reset or not.

How are we going to copy our photos out if the problem is a spoiled LCD? Surely they cannot factory reset just like that. I think that is data destruction not data protection. Lol.

ikr. its just plain dumb. users can choose whether they want to retain their data or not and i am perfectly fine if they make me sign an indemnity form for my data

My set got this problem last year. Sent for repair. Now this same problem again:(.

i have the same exact problem too after sending it for repair...and it only happens when i zoomed above 2x.

Justahelpdesk

Reaction score

Think of it this way, if you dont reset and one day your private data on ur phone somehow gets leaked like videos/photos/etc after you sent in for repair then who are you gonna blame?

Blame Samsung, too late by then. Look at all the damage caused by leaks whenever people sent their phones in for repair, seungri scandal, Edison chen scandal. Samsung cant and wont guarantee that their technical staff wont do anything funny with your private data too. And when **** happens, it's already too late to even blame them.

Better to be safe than never.

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
Think of it this way, if you dont reset and one day your private data on ur phone somehow gets leaked like videos/photos/etc after you sent in for repair then who are you gonna blame?

Blame Samsung, too late by then. Look at all the damage caused by leaks whenever people sent their phones in for repair, seungri scandal, Edison chen scandal. Samsung cant and wont guarantee that their technical staff wont do anything funny with your private data too. And when **** happens, it's already too late to even blame them.

Long story short, don't take sexy photos with phone.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score

They can just factory reset just like that. They have testing firmwares designed to wipe the device for hardware testing. Requires little interaction to flash. It even can bypass Google reset protection.

Also to do testing the phone cannot have any sort of screen lock set for them do testing. So if you really want a phone behind closed door away from your hands and eyes with all its content exposed. Samsung rather not deal with that

MIVEC525

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
They help me back up to SD card before reset....not bad lah...but they scratch my back protector....I was shock, but went and change it at $8....went back home than saw it....

tanjimmy

Reaction score
Malaysia firmware for Feb compare to India Mar, any difference, which is better

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Malaysia firmware for Feb compare to India Mar, any difference, which is better

definitely is the security update...

Sent from Samsung Exploding Not 9? using GAGT

l.o.c.o

Reaction score
85-D676-B0-FF17-4-F93-8-B90-15-D1-B6-A765-C1.jpg

20190309-183927.jpg

20190309-183935.jpg

thanks bro for taking the time to upload it, greatly appreciated! :)

daylight

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how u guys sort your photo ablum in note 9?
i import all my old photo ablum from iphone, named properly by year also cannot sort.

harmony71

Reaction score

Like one of our brothers here suggested, we are prepared to sign a letter of disclaimer if the data is leaked. All we want is just to have our precious photos retained. We are no Edison Chen and our Note 9 is very new. I will not encourage the adventurous to send their phones for repair. Not to forget they can still recover and leak your discreet photos and video even if they factory reset your phone. ;P

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ikr. its just plain dumb. users can choose whether they want to retain their data or not and i am perfectly fine if they make me sign an indemnity form for my data

i have the same exact problem too after sending it for repair...and it only happens when i zoomed above 2x.

Huh? Send in to swap the camera module still getting the same issue?

Mine also having the same problem, Live Focus is pretty much unusable.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.