Need advice on Cambodia

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just came back from PP few weeks back...
Lots of PRC, very few ang mos...
Changed a lot now and a lot more Chinese restaurants...
Even at airport, the PRC queue is super long unlike in the past...

heard from my driver in pp last year ...
he said many china people are buying property there already.
hence more and more china ppl there ...
maybe pp starting to open up to target the china market, hence more prc tourists. slowly more store owner will speak mandarin to u lol ...

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Cambodia is a country up for sale to the Chinese. The government has been bought. The Chinese are buying property in places you have never heard of. In places like Sihanoukville, the old French colonial houses have all been sold to Chinese.

ssian84

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes and it’s quite saddening... its garment is rich, super rich but majority of people will be suffering

Cambodia is a country up for sale to the Chinese. The government has been bought. The Chinese are buying property in places you have never heard of. In places like Sihanoukville, the old French colonial houses have all been sold to Chinese.

Hellotherethere

Reaction score
Any nice modern hotels to recommend for SR?
Any Drivers to recommend for day tours as well?
Mostly for the temples

Estados

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I am going to Siam Reap soon.

Wonder if there is any hotel and tour guide recommendations?

eddmundd

Reaction score
In PP rn. So much diff compared to when I first went there years ago. There's so many Chinese signs and mandarin speaking people around :0.

honeydewmelater

Reaction score
Just came back from Siem Reap for first time. Honestly does not feel like same country and PP. Siem Reap felt safe - chilled and it was really relaxing ... would never go back to PP now

mytaroavocado

Reaction score
Exactly - can’t go out alone in PP. everybody advise me against. But in Siem Reap it’s so safe feeling ... maybe more chilled and calmer because it’s religious

tpokman

Reaction score
siem reap is ok. stay in central area and go markets or nearby places. i think SEA safer than some european countries loh

Reaction score
It depends on the guide you take. For me he charged $40 - but there was only me and another guy.... maybe it’s cheaper for larger groups

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.