The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CLRW2fi.jpg

Honestly a really enjoyable piece to wear.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chrono Wednesday
RgEHcKYl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

adgjl321

Reaction score
Hi all, I am about to purchase my first premium watch.
Are shops in Changi airport such as Maison/Gassan considered ADs? What would be the difference buying from the brand boutique in the airport compared to these ADs? Thanks in advance.
Yes. You’ll find they’re ADs if they’re on the website of the brand. No difference in my opinion, see whichever can give you a better deal

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. You’ll find they’re ADs if they’re on the website of the brand. No difference in my opinion, see whichever can give you a better deal

One small point that may or may not matter to you, you'll have to go back to airport restricted area in the event you wish to have something attended to by the AD, although warranty matters should be covered by the brand main distributor which would most certainly not be in the airport.

edchys

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All the speedy lovers, u guys pro hesalite or sapphire?
Model numbers? Any preferred ones?
I chose sapphire as it suits my lifestyle more. I am rough with my watches and cannot imagine having to polish off the scratches from time to time. Had a hard time choosing between models but finally decided on first omega in space version as I like the more vintage inspired look of no crown guard version.

Sent from HUAWEI ALP-L29 using GAGT

Last edited:

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All the speedy lovers, u guys pro hesalite or sapphire?
Model numbers? Any preferred ones?

The distortions of the hesalite are really nice, and are a huge part of what makes the Speedy Pro so iconic. Scratches are easily polished off, and the hesalite is easily replaced during servicing for a comparatively low cost.

I really like the FOIS but the non standard lug width and no bracelet as standard pushed me towards the Speedy Pro.

Don't think there is a need to pay premium for the new large box so went second hand with smaller box. Way too much space in my cupboard used to store watch packaging anyways.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going vintage 18K today
zNFjjvVl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I chose sapphire as it suits my lifestyle more. I am rough with my watches and cannot imagine having to polish off the scratches from time to time. Had a hard time choosing between models but finally decided on last omega in space version as I like the more vintage inspired look of no crown guard version.

Sent from HUAWEI ALP-L29 using GAGT

sorry I blurr U meant "First Omega in Space"?
https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-chronograph-39-7-mm-31132403001001
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-omega-speedmaster-first-omega-in-space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.