If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come.

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Seller no guarantee nor warranty what.
Secretlab has 2 years warranty.
It's like deposit into bank vs deposit into a salesman's pocket.
Company vs 1-man.

Somemore doesn't really state how to clean and maintain, later same thing happen, catagorised under wear & tear, seller can't be bothered to do anything.

I am actually getting mine done with the seller. They have a registered company that sells some Automotive parts on Qoo10.

You can even see that he is selling Refurbished SL chairs already holstered with Napa Leather that is priced at the same price as the PU leather chairs for SL.

Yes, it is customizable. I am getting 3 logos done on mine. Just top up $20 for each additional logo.

Seller has even the carbon design done on the leather as I wanted it to be as close to the original design as possible. Just with a change of leather to Napa. Mine is out of warranty and only started peeling after 2 years. SL will take my Titan for the same price as an Omega. $75. Screw that. No more SL for me.

Also since you asked about warranty, I asked on your behalf. Yes, they provide warranty. 1 years worth. But Napa leather will last way longer than that.

So basically, mine has 2 different leathers. But you can have more so you can have many different colours on your chair per area. I'd say that's a steal. I like the Omega/Titan design. But I hate to have the chair go to waste just because of leather. Knowing I can easily repair it in the future, brings me much assurance.

The seller is having a delay in building the chair. High chance because I'm not the only one seeking his service after the previous poster posted about it.

Payment wise, half is deposit, the other is COD when they deliver back your chair to you.

Last edited:

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am actually getting mine done with the seller. They have a registered company that sells some Automotive parts on Qoo10.

Also since you asked about warranty, I asked on your behalf. Yes, they provide warranty. 1 years worth. But Napa leather will last way longer than that.

Simi company name? I go dig.
Hmm....1 year? If confident that Napa Leather can last 5~10 years, why warranty not that long? If got problem after 1.5 years like Secretlab = GG
Hope u get your chair then post reviews. I don't really care about logo.
The Napa Leather provided is better/same quality than Secretlab's Napa leather? Later after a few years, doesn't peel but crumpled and crack like my leather sofa.
Any maintenance tips?

chaoprokia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine omega started to peel last week
Brought on 2017 June.
Search online and found that many people facing peeling issue.
Still within 2 years have warranty ?

Newtype_com

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Car-seat.png

You guys can consider getting this for your OMEGA chair. I've been using this for 1 week. Able to cover all the peeled off area. Quite smooth feeling too :s13:

chaoprokia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not gonna go with secretlab offer. $150 to replace just seat then less than 2 years spoil again? think better get my chair upholstery with Nappa leather and get another herman miller.

ownu4free

Reaction score
Bought mine on March 2018 , and realised it cracked at the side on 03 April 2019. I maintained it with the leather cleaner provided and its in an aircon room almost every night. Suspect that the omega STEALTH is mass produced because my leather wasn't tightly wrapped which resulted in a bend in the leather followed by a crack, and flake. Also, i emailed damn regarding it and they deemed its due to sweat. Tsk... who sweat on the corner of the chair man. SL MANAGER ALSO OFFERED ME A $100 TRADE IN OR A $150 REPAIR COST , WHICH WAS THEN REDUCED TO $89. WOW , BIG COMPANY CAN SUKASUKA CHANGE REPAIR COST WOR, WHY NOT REPAIR FREE? I STILL HAVE 11MONTHS OF WARRANTY. Those interested , just pm me, i can send u all the inconsistent reply of email and some hidden marketing by them.

"Before I go ahead to address your concerns, I would like to gently remind you that that as each leather part is painstakingly handmade, it will result in no one piece being completely identical. Slight minor variations arising from handmade workmanship is to be expected between pieces in the way that the leather is pleated, stitched, folded, joined, pressed or pulled"

Buy at your own risk guys.

No a hater of secretlab, just utterly disappointed. Their warranty Basically covers NOTHING.

murugaratham

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, I sit on it like 3-4 times a month only, after having kids. First year maybe every other day, now peeling and their customer support only offer me $70 trade in plus$30 voucher. Bought it for $599. Now going to find car seat cushion to wrap it zzz

saggice

Reaction score
sounds real bad, guess no secret lab.
wonder what’s a equivalent good gaming chair then?

lunarsong

Reaction score
sounds real bad, guess no secret lab.
wonder what’s a equivalent good gaming chair then?

if u are talking about gaming chair (and nth else), you may consider dxracer.
my friend's dxracer condition outlive my other friend and my SL chair.

dxracer's wheels are a problem but can change easily unlike skin peeling.

tatz87

Reaction score

You can even see that he is selling Refurbished SL chairs already holstered with Napa Leather that is priced at the same price as the PU leather chairs for SL.

Yes, it is customizable. I am getting 3 logos done on mine. Just top up $20 for each additional logo.

Seller has even the carbon design done on the leather as I wanted it to be as close to the original design as possible. Just with a change of leather to Napa. Mine is out of warranty and only started peeling after 2 years. SL will take my Titan for the same price as an Omega. $75. Screw that. No more SL for me.

So basically, mine has 2 different leathers. But you can have more so you can have many different colours on your chair per area. I'd say that's a steal. I like the Omega/Titan design. But I hate to have the chair go to waste just because of leather. Knowing I can easily repair it in the future, brings me much assurance.

The seller is having a delay in building the chair. High chance because I'm not the only one seeking his service after the previous poster posted about it.

Payment wise, half is deposit, the other is COD when they deliver back your chair to you.
Do u have link to share?

Carousel link no longer working

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Do u have link to share?

Carousel link no longer working

It's this link. He changed to a new one.

https://sg.carousell.com/p/leather-fabric-rewrapping-for-gaming-chairs-etc-secretlab-220269217/

He can do any design of logo that you want along with mixing and matching leather colours. Do something like the new Batman Secretlab chair if you want. I tried to stick mine to the original look just with the name changed and the logo changed to A that I made. You can get more creative or do a more tried and tested logo so that it will look best.

The Napa leather... So surreal. I love this matte black design. It looks super sleek and stunning in real life. You can't even see any separate pieces of leather like the fake PU leather that Secretlab uses. You just have way more options with the choice of Napa leather colour too. He's very precise. You can even choose the stitching colour as well. I chose grey and it really looks best.
I loved the carbon fibre design of the original so I had mine replaced with his PU leather version for the sides to match the old carbon fibre design as well. You can add as many logos for additional $20 each.

Choose to your heart's content. Any colour you want. Only issue for me was that I paid a deposit to expedite the re-upholstery and delivery process. But it got delayed from 1-2 weeks to roughly a month.

From the initial 28 Feb that I messaged him, discussed about the design. All the way to 6 March when he collected it down to 1st April when he delivered it back to me. But its understandable. From the original post that someone else did, I too was interested. So there was a sudden spike of people wanting to do the re-upholstery at the same time as me. That's why. And not to mention, I did ask him to take his time. Cos I don't want a half-baked chair rushed to completion.

I got to agree. The chair is generally cooler to sit on. Like it cools down quite fast and doesn't get hot as fast. Also, there's this sense of sturdiness to it. Its Napa leather after all. I love it. My own customized design chair. Anyway, my work office does have mesh chair and it does have a back support. But its just not the same as this chair. There's also this leathery smell similar to getting a real leather wallet. Love it. No worries. It's not overpowering but it does smell of quality even though its cheap! Cheaper than the ridiculous $1300+ Napa leather Titan chair with that ugly colour.

I wanted a shiny rose gold colour, I got my shiny rose gold colour. Sorry my phone overly brightened the picture due to it being black but at least you can see how pristine the matte black leather looks like. Super nice texture. This was just when I got the chair. So don't mind the dirty armrest. He tapes the armrest to know which chair belongs to who. So he won't just anyhow reassemble your chair on someone else's chair frame.

I don't really like to write early reviews cos as you know, the chairs only show their true colours when exposed to our body heat, sweat and what not. So consider this my first impressions. Those with Napa leather chairs for their cars should be able to explain in further detail how long these chairs can last.

gcDqaxq.png

qow5mpu.png

WDJRwJ0.png

xtractor

Master Member
Reaction score

https://sg.carousell.com/p/leather-fabric-rewrapping-for-gaming-chairs-etc-secretlab-220269217/

He can do any design of logo that you want along with mixing and matching leather colours. Do something like the new Batman Secretlab chair if you want. I tried to stick mine to the original look just with the name changed and the logo changed to A that I made. You can get more creative or do a more tried and tested logo so that it will look best.

The Napa leather... So surreal. I love this matte black design. It looks super sleek and stunning in real life. You can't even see any separate pieces of leather like the fake PU leather that Secretlab uses. You just have way more options with the choice of Napa leather colour too. He's very precise. You can even choose the stitching colour as well. I chose grey and it really looks best.
I loved the carbon fibre design of the original so I had mine replaced with his PU leather version for the sides to match the old carbon fibre design as well. You can add as many logos for additional $20 each.

Choose to your heart's content. Any colour you want. Only issue for me was that I paid a deposit to expedite the re-upholstery and delivery process. But it got delayed from 1-2 weeks to roughly a month.

From the initial 28 Feb that I messaged him, discussed about the design. All the way to 6 March when he collected it down to 1st April when he delivered it back to me. But its understandable. From the original post that someone else did, I too was interested. So there was a sudden spike of people wanting to do the re-upholstery at the same time as me. That's why. And not to mention, I did ask him to take his time. Cos I don't want a half-baked chair rushed to completion.

I got to agree. The chair is generally cooler to sit on. Like it cools down quite fast and doesn't get hot as fast. Also, there's this sense of sturdiness to it. Its Napa leather after all. I love it. My own customized design chair. Anyway, my work office does have mesh chair and it does have a back support. But its just not the same as this chair. There's also this leathery smell similar to getting a real leather wallet. Love it. No worries. It's not overpowering but it does smell of quality even though its cheap! Cheaper than the ridiculous $1300+ Napa leather Titan chair with that ugly colour.

I wanted a shiny rose gold colour, I got my shiny rose gold colour. Sorry my phone overly brightened the picture due to it being black but at least you can see how pristine the matte black leather looks like. Super nice texture. This was just when I got the chair. So don't mind the dirty armrest. He tapes the armrest to know which chair belongs to who. So he won't just anyhow reassemble your chair on someone else's chair frame.

I don't really like to write early reviews cos as you know, the chairs only show their true colours when exposed to our body heat, sweat and what not. So consider this my first impressions. Those with Napa leather chairs for their cars should be able to explain in further detail how long these chairs can last.

gcDqaxq.png

qow5mpu.png

WDJRwJ0.png

wow the napa leather wrapping price is damn chio.....very cheap then buying new from.........

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

gcDqaxq.png

qow5mpu.png

WDJRwJ0.png
nice... will do mine with him also when my chair condition gets worst...

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
he charge $275 to do the napa leather upholstery?

Yup. But take the price of delivery of $50 into equation. So consider it as $325.
You must pay a deposit of $160 upfront for him to buy the necessary stuff. You can pay the remaining amount at the time he delivers your chair back to you.

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honestly, is the softweave version better? I know it still hasn't stood the test of time but material wise, it should not have the peeling issues. My chair just broke after 4 years of use and thinking of replacing. Not keen on HM as I only otherwise use the chair when gaming and not worth spending so much. Those with softweave, happy to hear your experience so far. Thanks in advance!

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. But take the price of delivery of $50 into equation. So consider it as $325.
You must pay a deposit of $160 upfront for him to buy the necessary stuff. You can pay the remaining amount at the time he delivers your chair back to you.
$50 delivery does it include collection from us?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.